2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: 2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by DeepPocket »

6 first round games today. Super cool to have them all scheduled for the same time at 4pm. (Sarcasm)
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Laxdad3 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:33 pm
Laxdad3 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 am
Jumbo wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:13 am
Laxdad3 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:37 pm
    HappyGilmore wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 am
    Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:23 am Great competitive brackets. 600 mile change has now changed the landscape of the tournament is a great way.. forever! Teams that would never schedule meet. Great for D3. Has a Mustang Classic feel
    Who travels the farthest and do they all bus or are the flights over 500 miles?
    Cortland has to travel 468 miles to Brunswick, ME to play St. Lawrence. Haven’t check any other games, but think it might be hard to beat that. Colorado College is also in that bracket.
    Colorado College has by far the most grueling travel schedule of any D3 team (maybe in all of college). They will travel 2,130 miles one way for the Bowdoin game.

They came east three times this season to play Salisbury, Cabrini, CNU, Stevenson and Catholic.

With Covid restrictions the last two years, they have not had many teams make the trip to Colorado Springs. Those teams who made the trip had great weather, beautiful facilities and one of the most picturesque lax fields in the country. The D3 lax world should hold a spring break tourney there each year. It would be great for the D3 game.
    No way would the ncaa hold a spring break touney. It would have to be Colorado doing it. And I doubt teams would sign up for that. Your options are play someone good locally, or travel 2000 miles in March to Colorado where there is still a good chance for snow.
    Obviously, it would have to be CC. Just looked it up, Colorado Spings avg temp in Match, 54 degrees with almost 20 days of sunshine. The east side of the Rockies are awesome in spring. I would take it over any east coast game in March.

Don’t see CC beating Bowdoin but should give them a good game.
    Just heard from a CC contact…this is what the NCAA considers appropriate travel. Leave school, Colorado Springs, at 12:30 in the afternoon on Thursday, put team on three different flights to Boston which arrive at 11:30 Thursday night. Bus to Maine that night (2.5 hours). Practice time, mid morning Friday.

Wow, that is brutal! Come on NCAA! Give those kids a break. That is almost criminal.
    Maybe the college should pick up the travel expense. They came east tree times this year. Plus this gets us back to the argument that should they even be in the tournament in the first place. Do they play in a real conference? There are other teams ranked higher that play in tougher conferences that are not in the tournament. They should just be happy that there are playing this weekend.
    JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Does anyone know how many players can dress for a NCAA Tournament game?
    HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

JustOneTime wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:10 pm Does anyone know how many players can dress for a NCAA Tournament game?
    laxpert

Post by laxpert »

I heard the sideline numbers are up from last year but there will still be players not dressed on the sidelines and some will be relegated to the stands.
    HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:27 am 6 first round games today. Super cool to have them all scheduled for the same time at 4pm. (Sarcasm)
    Really super-cool that the average margin of victory was 9 goals.
    ah23

Post by ah23 »

Eh, the first round isn't really the problem, it's just a bonus play-in round. Every game can't be close. The second round is the problem - those are the games that are over the minute the whistle blows. I'm just excited that it's tournament time.

Anyway - had Stockton v. UMass-Boston on for about a quarter and a half and man, UMass Boston was very, very overmatched. Stockton is solid but I don't know how they stay anywhere close to Salisbury. Watched Stevens-SUNY Maritime for about five seconds. Didn't see any point in watching the other games.
    Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

ah23 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:08 pm Eh, the first round isn't really the problem, it's just a bonus play-in round. Every game can't be close. The second round is the problem - those are the games that are over the minute the whistle blows. I'm just excited that it's tournament time.

Anyway - had Stockton v. UMass-Boston on for about a quarter and a half and man, UMass Boston was very, very overmatched. Stockton is solid but I don't know how they stay anywhere close to Salisbury. Watched Stevens-SUNY Maritime for about five seconds. Didn't see any point in watching the other games.
    I don't know about that ah23, MIT Amherst on the docket for 2nd round, as well as Wash+Lee v Cabrini and Wesleyan v RPI. The 2nd round games with a host team v a play in winner are the blood baths.
    richard

Post by richard »

2nd round games that might be interesting- Stevens vs Dickinson. Obviously Dickinson is the favorite but Stevens although down this year has coaching and will not feel overwhelmed by the situation.
    John Carroll vs Union. JC has been thrown into the top 25 conversation this year and has seen enough decent lacrosse this year and won vs some decent teams. OWU, Baldwin Wallace, and Grove City. If Union looks past them it might be an interesting game. I wouldn’t count on that but I don’t see a bloodbath.
    pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

richard wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:49 pm 2nd round games that might be interesting- Stevens vs Dickinson. Obviously Dickinson is the favorite but Stevens although down this year has coaching and will not feel overwhelmed by the situation.
    John Carroll vs Union. JC has been thrown into the top 25 conversation this year and has seen enough decent lacrosse this year and won vs some decent teams. OWU, Baldwin Wallace, and Grove City. If Union looks past them it might be an interesting game. I wouldn’t count on that but I don’t see a bloodbath.
    Eh, unless they come out with their heads on backwards, if not a bloodbath then at least a solid blood shower. Union should clobber John Carroll. Very interested in Dickinson in general in the tournament to see how they handle the moment.
    richard

Post by richard »

Stevens should be a good game for Dickinson to get their feet wet. To me Dickinson always seems to be fairly high strung which is a coaching issue that hasn’t gone away over the years. They certainly have the talent to run deep into the tournament.
    ah23

Post by ah23 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 pm I don't know about that ah23, MIT Amherst on the docket for 2nd round, as well as Wash+Lee v Cabrini and Wesleyan v RPI. The 2nd round games with a host team v a play in winner are the blood baths.
    Yeah that's what I was referring to; the games involving lower seeds that are generally complete laughers. Thankfully there are some really good second round matchups this year - more than enough to keep Saturday interesting.
    UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

HomerCoach wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:17 pm
    DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:27 am 6 first round games today. Super cool to have them all scheduled for the same time at 4pm. (Sarcasm)
    Really super-cool that the average margin of victory was 9 goals.
    Really super-cool that the winners of all those games will lose their next games by 20.
    Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

So how well did your team do when you played in the NCAA tournament?
    ah23

Post by ah23 »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D3 MEN: The D3 Men’s National Championship started and, as expected, all the favored teams won yesterday.

1 Stockton #22 26 – 11 #76 UMass-Boston 05/11/2022
    2 Stevens #33...

These are the Best Upcoming Games in order. Most certainly, as is often the case in the early National Championship games, most of these games will be blow-outs. But some of these games (e.g. MIT vs. Amherst, W&L vs. Cabrini, and Stevens vs. Catholic), should be closer.

1 Salisbury #1 vs #22 Stockton 05/14/2022
    2 MIT #12 vs #15 Amherst 05/14/2022
    3 Union #2 vs...

https://fanlax.com/2022/05/12/d3-men-na ... ionship-2/
    Caddy Day
    Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
    Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Today's best Games. Both should be blow-outs.

Denison #24 vs #40 Grove City
    York #9 vs #57 Southern Virginia
    Caddy Day
    richard

Post by richard »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:13 am Today's best Games. Both should be blow-outs.

Denison #24 vs #40 Grove City
    York #9 vs #57 Southern Virginia
    Yeah, Grove City already handled Denison 14-10 Earlier in the year.
    Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

richard wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:37 am Yeah, Grove City already handled Denison 14-10 Earlier in the year.
    Wow. You're right. I stand corrected and... I need to look at this more closely...
    Caddy Day
    DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Denison lost by the same 10-14 margin to undefeated Dickinson just 7 days before that, in a game that saw them enter the 4th quarter with a 3 goal difference.

Conversely, Grove City took a 6-0 lead in the 1st. Denison never was able to claw fully back despite out scoring them over the next 3 quarters.

I guess we shall see which was the outlier.
    Last edited by DeepPocket on Fri May 13, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”