FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Matnum PI »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm I just submitted mine. And I am popping out for some Pepcid AC for all the crow I expect to eat.

My top four remain:

1. UNC
2. Syracuse
3. Northwestern
4. Maryland
by seacoaster » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:56 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm I just submitted mine. And I am popping out for some Pepcid AC for all the crow I expect to eat.

My top four remain:

1. UNC
2. Syracuse
3. Northwestern
4. Maryland
by seacoaster » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm
Yep. Thought SBU would play well, and play really hard. Opening day, ranked opponent: this is grist for Joe's chip on their shoulder way of approaching things. Joe's teams tend to be a "better than the sum of its parts" kind of crew, even when they had superstars like KO. Hard to give up 7 straight goals and win.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D1 Women Forum Poll (Feb 10, 2020)

It appears that wlaxnut, admin, and, maybe, PerryMB has factored the Stony Brook win over Syracuse into their Poll.

Caddy Day
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 am D1 Women Forum Poll (Feb 10, 2020)

It appears that wlaxnut, admin, and, maybe, PerryMB has factored the Stony Brook win over Syracuse into their Poll.

That’s affirmative
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Great to look at everyone’s opinions. Curious as to rationale in placing BC who lost to an unranked team over UNC.
Are we allowed to ask and discuss or....?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

May I ask admin to explain Boston College at number two and finding no place for UMass?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lax247 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am Great to look at everyone’s opinions. Curious as to rationale in placing BC who lost to an unranked team over UNC.
Are we allowed to ask and discuss or....?
Caddy Day
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

You guys who have Maryland number one need to stop bogarting the joint. DMac and I are out here waiting....

And admin must be married to Acacia Walker; shall we just call him Mr. Weinstein now?

I had Stony Brook at 13 before last night. I'd probably bump them to 8-10 now, drop the Cuse to 4-5. And I am waiting on UMass to show a larger body of work.

End of pithy comments.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pmAnd admin must be married to Acacia Walker; shall we just call him Mr. Weinstein now?
I'm basically waiting for each team to play 3 games so the computer rankings will be relevant. Until then, you get the Preseason rankings. After 3 games, you get the Computer Rankings...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:58 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pmAnd admin must be married to Acacia Walker; shall we just call him Mr. Weinstein now?
I'm basically waiting for each team to play 3 games so the computer rankings will be relevant. Until then, you get the Preseason rankings. After 3 games, you get the Computer Rankings...
Gotcha. Thanks.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:58 pm
If that be the case, what doeth thou with Stony Brook in the fifth seat? Having played only one game—and didst they not finish outside the topmost ten last year in the polls?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doing a preseason poll for the preseason poll is 100% appropriate. Doing a preseason poll for Week One with not all teams having played yet... Not perfect. Going forward, if admin's Computer Poll isn't ready (i.e. teams haven't played enough games), we'll ignore admin's poll.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:04 pm Doing a preseason poll for the preseason poll is 100% appropriate. Doing a preseason poll for Week One with not all teams having played yet... Not perfect. Going forward, if admin's Computer Poll isn't ready (i.e. teams haven't played enough games), we'll ignore admin's poll.
Sounds like a good plan.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:50 pm You guys who have Maryland number one need to stop bogarting the joint. DMac and I are out here waiting....
I'm not passing anything. I've made it clear from day one of the poll that out of principle, and deference to the defending champs, they won't lose their top spot with me until they lose. And if the little Turtles (which is what a Terrapin is) get through the gauntlet of Florida, @ North Carolina, @ Syracuse and Navy unscathed – I'll be sending you and DMac a package of crow, Collect! And we'll see how you like the taste of That in your pipe!

This is all in good fun. I'm chuckling inside while I'm typing.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Little Turtles will go 2-2 in those four games.

And the losses will do them good.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:25 pm Little Turtles will go 2-2 in those four games.

And the losses will do them good.
https://youtu.be/9-3E6OLflIk
aubartolomei

Post by aubartolomei »

I understand admins logic, but how did 2 other posters not rank UMass? Geez. A10Wlaxfan needs to be a voter in this endeavor.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

aubartolomei wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 pmhow did 2 other posters not rank UMass?
Good question...
Caddy Day
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm
aubartolomei wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 pmhow did 2 other posters not rank UMass?
Good question...
And while we're at it--where are all the accompanying rationales?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Good question...
And while we're at it--where are all the accompanying rationales?
Im not going to have a rationale for every team....but most from my ranking

#1 - UNC....I just dont see a team that beats them...now, coaching in the final four hasnt been their strong point, but at this point in the season, that is a long way away.

#2 - UMD....young, rebuilding, but Natty champs, so they get this ranking on past performance and potential.

#3 - NU...frankly I put them there because I am not a Cuse fan. Dont know how good a team this is but others love them.

#4 - Princeton...here because I got so much heat on last weeks poll....I think the tigers may surprise some people...we will see when they play UVA

#5 - Cuse...this was before the epic, squeaky loss to SBU. They will drop 3 or 4 spots.

#6 - ND...another team that is always overrated...I bought into the hype...not sure they will stay this high.

#7 - UVA....see above about being overrated...needed Navy to hand them their first win...if they dont beat Princeton, they are dropping.

#9 - Mechicken....Dont know what to think about this team...really like the coaching staff. Want them to succeed.

#10 Denver....just like Michigan, I like this staff and want them to be successful. It is good for lacrosse across the country for schools like Denver, Michigan or Colorado succeeding.

#11 - Penn..they have the second best Junior class (IMO). Daughter played with many of them...This is a heartfelt choice.

#12 - SBU...Well they are moving up....good win at the dome.

#13 - Navy...good team, not great. Next games against Duke and UMD will tell us more about this team.

#14 - FLA....I think this team is going to linger in the bottom of the top 20 all year... UMD and Loyola in the next 2...win one and I will change my opinion and move them up.

#15 - UMass...yes this is after the BC game...They dont have another tough game for months...cant give them more than this on one win.

#16 - BC....lost to a top 50 team (before the game) and boom, headed down in the top 20. Chance to recover against USC or ND....

#17 - Colorado...dont know much about this team, but spent a week in Boulder this summer :D ....want them to succeed for the geographical diversity

#18 - JMU...hope they do well as they are in the Commonwealth and the Tact family likes them.

#19 - 25... I am done.....got to make dinner.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”