2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:35 pm Been stuck in the car for a while...what game has been good today?
4th quarter of Fairfield/Syracuse. JMU/UConn entertaining so far.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Michigan playing with early season form. Looking good! Up 12–8 over Notre Dame midway through the third.

13-8 now 13:09 4th

Another beauty of a goal, and with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock. 14-8 Michigan. 11:12 4Q

Another big save by Weissman. I hope they save some of this smart aggressive play for Sunday.

Muir with another. 15-8 Wolverines with under 9 minutes left.

Muir sets up teammate Galvin for a hatty. 16-8 Blue. Same old Notre Dame. El foldo early in the NCAA's.

17-8 and scoring at will. 6:00 left in the 4th.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:39 pm Michigan playing with early season form. Looking good! Up 12–8 over Notre Dame midway through the third.

Another beauty of a goal, and with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock. 14-8 Michigan. 11:12 4Q

Another big save by Weissman. I hope they save some of this smart aggressive play for Sunday.

Muir sets up teammate Galvin for a hatty. 16-8 Blue. Same old Notre Dame. El foldo early in the NCAA's.

Another year, another tournament loss. ND just being ND. :roll:

I hope Michigan can bring that same form into the NW game on Sunday. If they can, it will be a fun matchup.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxlaxlax wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:36 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:39 pm Michigan playing with early season form. Looking good! Up 12–8 over Notre Dame midway through the third.

Another year, another tournament loss. ND just being ND. :roll:

I hope Michigan can bring that same form into the NW game on Sunday. If they can, it will be a fun matchup.
YES! to both.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:32 pm Where’s the guy who usually rails on Stanford? He’s gonna have a field day after this game.
Kleizaster wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:40 pm another year of failure. Embarassing. losing by 12 goals to jacksonville in the NCAA TOURNAMENT with a team with all that talent is unacceptable. this game was not even as close as the score indicates. Jacksonville destroyed this team in everyway imaginable. Stanford was unprepared, unmotivated, and looked like they never played lacrosse before. what on earth. coaching? never heard of it. Something is rotten at stanford and if i was a parent i would steer my daughter far away from that program.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Stanford beat down; there's almost nothing to say. First, congrats to Jax; they played very very well and the first order of business should be acknowledging their skill and speed and intensity through the whole game, even after a long weather delay.

Stanford. What to say? No coaching at all from what I observed. The team looked desultory. I get that they were playing on hostile ground, a long way from home and within shooting distance of Jacksonville's locker rooms. But Jesus Jerry Christ, what a beat down.

Princeton? Does Princeton have a chance against Syracuse? I think they do, if they can protect the ball a little better than they did last night. And I gotta confess, part of me will be pulling for them and Sailer.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

JU was fun to watch. Confident, speedy, and fantastic ball movement. They are very experienced and week coached … a lot like JMU in 2018. As for Stanford, a fish rots from the head.

I have not seen Michigan play this year, but was very impressed with their overall effort. Can they topple NU? We shall see, but shapes up to be a good one.

Cuse looks depleted … too long an ACC season and too many set-backs to overcome. If Fish shows up (a big IF) the home team wins it.

I am also really looking forward to SBU/Rutgers and Denver/BC. Not sure either underdog will be able to pull the upset, but they will both put up a hell of a fight.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:23 am JU was fun to watch. Confident, speedy, and fantastic ball movement. They are very experienced and week coached … a lot like JMU in 2018. As for Stanford, a fish rots from the head.

I have not seen Michigan play this year, but was very impressed with their overall effort. Can they topple NU? We shall see, but shapes up to be a good one.

Cuse looks depleted … too long an ACC season and too many set-backs to overcome. If Fish shows up (a big IF) the home team wins it.

I am also really looking forward to SBU/Rutgers and Denver/BC. Not sure either underdog will be able to pull the upset, but they will both put up a hell of a fight.
Watcher, agree about Syracuse. Out of synch, not much energy. And Princeton full of energy.

I started game threads for each of these. Should be a good Sunday of competition.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”