Who is telling the truth?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

Who is telling the truth?

Brett Kavanaugh
38%
Christine Blasey Ford
62%

Total votes: 34

holmes435

Re: Who is telling the truth?

Post by holmes435 »

seriously? wrote:Could everyone just ignore Bandito? It's the whole problem with the press and Trump. He says something remarkably dumb, an outright lie, the onset of Alzheimers or the desperation of someone suffering from small man's complex and even a reasonable reaction just feeds the flames. The more incensed, the higher the conflagration. Respond with "uh huh" -- and could we have a special emoji with someone getting patted on the head? :roll:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 4901368077
That's one of the problems of social media and the 24/7 news cycle. Despite morons like Frito falsely claiming they are being censored, these platforms and even the mainstream media are giving the alt-right and fringe groups more access and attention and a soapbox than they have ever had.

The Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally? Dozens to maybe a couple hundred people. The year after anniversary rally in Washington? Like two dozen people. And yet it was all over the news for weeks beforehand, and with the tragic deaths it was all over the airways for weeks and months.

You see it also with Trump himself. He latches onto extremely rare events, like immigrant-caused murders, the claim that we are in some violent crime wave when it's about the lowest in recorded history. You also see it to a lesser degree on the left, with incorrect claims surrounding mass shootings, gun violence and other things that fit their narrative.

Fear gets eyeballs, and fear gets people to vote.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

holmes435 wrote:
seriously? wrote:Could everyone just ignore Bandito? It's the whole problem with the press and Trump. He says something remarkably dumb, an outright lie, the onset of Alzheimers or the desperation of someone suffering from small man's complex and even a reasonable reaction just feeds the flames. The more incensed, the higher the conflagration. Respond with "uh huh" -- and could we have a special emoji with someone getting patted on the head? :roll:

That's one of the problems of social media and the 24/7 news cycle. Despite morons like Frito falsely claiming they are being censored, these platforms and even the mainstream media are giving the alt-right and fringe groups more access and attention and a soapbox than they have ever had.

The Charlottesville White Nationalist Rally? Dozens to maybe a couple hundred people. The year after anniversary rally in Washington? Like two dozen people. And yet it was all over the news for weeks beforehand, and with the tragic deaths it was all over the airways for weeks and months.

You see it also with Trump himself. He latches onto extremely rare events, like immigrant-caused murders, the claim that we are in some violent crime wave when it's about the lowest in recorded history. You also see it to a lesser degree on the left, with incorrect claims surrounding mass shootings, gun violence and other things that fit their narrative.

1/4 of our prisons are made up of illegal immigrants. If we actually secure our borders, Kate Steinle and Mollie Tibbetts along with countless others would still be alive today.
https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Feder ... Are-Aliens
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

tech37 wrote:I bet bandito is actually wombat, pranking all of us and having fun with mod-free format ;)
Nah, my money is on 6ftstick. That dude had some serious issues simmering just below the surface and you got the sense he was a powder keg just waiting to explode on his detractors and anyone that disagreed with him. The little snippets often posted by 6-inch had the twang of flavor we see today in this Deplorable. He/she may have been around at LP since 2005..

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote:
tech37 wrote:I bet bandito is actually wombat, pranking all of us and having fun with mod-free format ;)
Nah, my money is on 6ftstick. That dude had some serious issues simmering just below the surface and you got the sense he was a powder keg just waiting to explode on his detractors and anyone that disagreed with him. The little snippets often posted by 6-inch had the twang of flavor we see today in this Deplorable. He/she may have been around at LP since 2005..

That was my initial call......
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bandito wrote:
holmes435 wrote:

1/4 of our prisons are made up of illegal immigrants. If we actually secure our borders, Kate Steinle and Mollie Tibbetts along with countless others would still be alive today.
https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Feder ... Are-Aliens
Nah, what YOU are really ignoring is the for profit prison system, founded by the clintons, would suffer greatly. Obama increased the mandatory bed count for illegal detainees in Texas. Anyone know what the prisons are trading for today? exactly TAMATS
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

runrussellrun wrote:Nah, what YOU are really ignoring is the for profit prison system, founded by the clintons, would suffer greatly. Obama increased the mandatory bed count for illegal detainees in Texas. Anyone know what the prisons are trading for today? exactly TAMATS
interesting little coincidence.... Stephens Inc. (HQ in Arkansas) was one of the top underwriters of securities for private prison companies.

Isn't that just surprising... :?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says, in her memo, that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.

Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee under oath that the first time he heard of his former Yale classmate Deborah Ramirez’s allegation that he exposed himself to her in college was in a Sept. 23 article in The New Yorker.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... ce-n915566

That’s a pretty serious (and material) lie, if true. Told to Sen. Orrin Hatch, no less.

If he lied about his knowledge of the Ramirez allegations, that alone should be disqualifying.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote:Further, the texts show Kavanaugh may need to be questioned about how far back he anticipated Ramirez would air allegations against him. Berchem says, in her memo, that Kavanaugh “and/or” his friends “may have initiated an anticipatory narrative” as early as July to “conceal or discredit” Ramirez.

Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee under oath that the first time he heard of his former Yale classmate Deborah Ramirez’s allegation that he exposed himself to her in college was in a Sept. 23 article in The New Yorker.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... ce-n915566

That’s a pretty serious (and material) lie, if true. Told to Sen. Orrin Hatch, no less.

If he lied about his knowledge of the Ramirez allegations, that alone should be disqualifying.

DocBarrister 8-)
Where can we read the text summaries and dates that "brett" sent texts trying to hush the perv story? A week before it was pubished? B/c a narrative, absent of Ramirez's name, isn't condeming. Is it not possible that:

1. Bretts team new of the Ford letter to Feinstein and wanted to build a narrative from that?

2. New Yorker was also sitting on the Ramirez story, and brett's team learned of that much earlier than the published date?

tRump's not the only one with leakers ya know.

Looks like I win, he won't be confirmed.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Have no fear fellow laxpower compadres... old cradle has found yall once again. Good to be back in the fray headbang
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote:Have no fear fellow laxpower compadres... old cradle has found yall once again. Good to be back in the fray headbang
Krist almighty, last man in the 20 mile hike finally showed up.
Glad to see you made it, soldier.
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

ggait wrote:
Of course, those other witnesses could clear this up.
What other 2 witnesses? The 4 she named said no such party occurred or the couldn't remember one.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:Have no fear fellow laxpower compadres... old cradle has found yall once again. Good to be back in the fray headbang
Whew ! .salut. ...I was afraid your chute didn't open. .ang6.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote:
In my defense dmac… I was the guy carrying the pig on his shoulder along with all the other crap we had to transport on our back. Better late than never squid... ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote:
DMac wrote:
Even if my chute fails me I just do a dynamite PLF... salut
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote:
old salt wrote:
DMac wrote:
Even if my chute fails me I just do a dynamite PLF... salut
http://www.songlyrics.com/82nd-airborne ... rs-lyrics/ Our theme song from jump school... still brings a tear to my eye.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Wombat
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Well clearly this woman just admitted she was lying.....https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-k ... on-2018-11
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Under oath” actually means something. Kavanaugh had the choice of being cleared in most people’s minds or leaving the doubt and claiming the seat. We’ll all live with his choice, a really selfish one for his country.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

For the record, I am NOT Bandito.

Far from it.

a fan pegged it right on saying no way Bandito = Wombat.

W
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

For the record, I am NOT Bandito either. :lol:

N
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “POLITICS”