NCAA Tournament 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Relax77

Re: NCAA Tournament 2024

Post by Relax77 »

Relax77 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:10 am This is ESPN's current rundown on the First Round (all ESPN+):

1:00 PM Binghamton vs. #6 Yale
1:00 PM Coastal Carolina vs. #7 Notre Dame
2:00 PM Niagara vs. Stony Brook
3:00 PM James Madison vs. Penn State
3:00 PM Long Island University vs. #5 Virginia
4:00 PM Stanford vs. Denver
4:00 PM Drexel vs. Princeton
4:00 PM Duke vs. Loyola Maryland
4:00 PM Mercer vs. Michigan
4:00 PM Fairfield vs. Johns Hopkins
6:00 PM North Carolina vs. Florida
7:00 PM Richmond vs. #8 Pennsylvania

For this round, I'll go with:

Yale
Notre Dame
SBU
JMU
UVA
Denver
Princeton
Loyola
Michigan
Hopkins
Florida
Penn
Yale Big
ND running clock
SBU big
Can’t go against Penn State. Win by 2
Virginia running clock
Stanford close
Princeton by 4
Loyola big
Michigan big
Hopkins big
Florida big
Penn big
Maryland running clock
Florida big? How big?
My big is 6-9. Then obvious past 10 is running clock.
I go 6. Got a feeling.
Anyone else see that coming.
Attachments
IMG_9236 Small.jpeg
IMG_9236 Small.jpeg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm We need better defensive play for the second half, can’t even think abt next year without Nalls and Hall. I think Zenk can get that starting spot if she lives up to the hype, Nelson needs to improve before she gets a starting spot
Well the wheels are off for UNC. I concede defeat. Wow. Embarrassing showing for the Tar Heels
An entire program shouldn’t be taken down by a few injuries, especially if you’re UNC who has always claimed to be deep all over. I miss the Ortega days.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

I’m thinking maybe Florida breaks through this year.
totc

Post by totc »

totc wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:33 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm We need better defensive play for the second half, can’t even think abt next year without Nalls and Hall. I think Zenk can get that starting spot if she lives up to the hype, Nelson needs to improve before she gets a starting spot
Well the wheels are off for UNC. I concede defeat. Wow. Embarrassing showing for the Tar Heels
I will never forget the look on Caitlyn Wurzburger's face when she scored the last goal of the game.
Interesting tidbit in the press release after the game: "Wurzburger also ends her collegiate career on a 44-game streak of recording at least one point, dating back to April 21, 2022."

I also notice she was not one of the 16 draftees into Athletes Unlimited.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

BC v. Princeton -- BC wins by 7

Notre Dame v. Michigan -- I think Wolverines take this by 2

Maryland v. JMU -- Maryland by 1, the home advantage helps.

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn by 3.

Denver v. Northwestern -- Northwestern wins, Denver keeps it close in the 1st part of the game.

SBU v. Syracuse -- Cuse, but it won't be easy at The Soccer Stadium.

Hopkins v. Yale -- Yale takes this by 3

Florida v. UVA -I'm really torn on this one. Gators by 1, but I'm not confident!

Joe
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

totc wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:15 pm
I will never forget the look on Caitlyn Wurzburger's face when she scored the last goal of the game.
Interesting tidbit in the press release after the game: "Wurzburger also ends her collegiate career on a 44-game streak of recording at least one point, dating back to April 21, 2022."

Streaks like that are meaningless when you really aren’t helping your team win games . This year especially for her when they needed her (someone) to come up big - averaged 1.5 goals a game or something like that …..I think last 10 games she averaged only a goal a game . I think they expected her to help carry the game but when the better scorers graduated or I guess were hurt this obv didn’t happen. My 2 cents.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

She likely has other commitments that preclude her from playing. Perhaps an immediate job opportunity. Some girls simply cannot commit for various reasons. I wouldn't look into it further than that.

Joe
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 pm

She likely has other commitments that preclude her from playing. Perhaps an immediate job opportunity. Some girls simply cannot commit for various reasons. I wouldn't look into it further than that.

Joe
+1
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

Madlax59 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:52 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm The amount of excuse making for UNC going on is hilarious. I get they have a ton of injuries but it seems like they are setting up an easy blame game for the loss if it happens.

What’s the point of having top recruiting classes if you don’t have any depth.
We lost 8 starters…

3 of our best attacking recruits from this year out for the season

Ashley Humphrey, one of the best feeders in the country out

Brooklyn Walker Welch, one of the best defenders in the country out.

Kaleigh Harden, Sophie Student are major losses for our midfield.

Our leading scorer from last year Marissa White missing the full season.

8 fantastic players token from our lineup… Who else do you think comes off the bench to score because none of the other players have played
Unc just looks like they have no spark, no leadership
Other than long and maybe AH before
While UNC had significant injury issues this look at their last two NCAA games. They scored 8 goals today and 4 goals in their last NCAA game against Denver last year when they weren’t dealing with any injuries. That’s an abysmal 6 goals a game.

This year’s injuries have provided an excuse for and masked a significant problem- their offensive philosophy and coaching. It needs to be improved or they will underachieve next year even with a boatload of offensive talent. And that boatload of talent will cause its own friction as players scrap for playing time and with three sisters and a coach’s daughter on the team next year.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:27 pm

Joe
Girls drafted did not commit to anything prior to the draft. AU chose the 16 girls they wanted without prior commitments. I know this with certainty. If those girls ultimately decide not to play when actual draft happens, they will move onto others.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Relax77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:42 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:50 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:10 am This is ESPN's current rundown on the First Round (all ESPN+):

1:00 PM Binghamton vs. #6 Yale
1:00 PM Coastal Carolina vs. #7 Notre Dame
2:00 PM Niagara vs. Stony Brook
3:00 PM James Madison vs. Penn State
3:00 PM Long Island University vs. #5 Virginia
4:00 PM Stanford vs. Denver
4:00 PM Drexel vs. Princeton
4:00 PM Duke vs. Loyola Maryland
4:00 PM Mercer vs. Michigan
4:00 PM Fairfield vs. Johns Hopkins
6:00 PM North Carolina vs. Florida
7:00 PM Richmond vs. #8 Pennsylvania

For this round, I'll go with:

Yale
Notre Dame
SBU
JMU
UVA
Denver
Princeton
Loyola
Michigan
Hopkins
Florida
Penn
Yale Big
ND running clock
SBU big
Can’t go against Penn State. Win by 2
Virginia running clock
Stanford close
Princeton by 4
Loyola big
Michigan big
Hopkins big
Florida big
Penn big
Maryland running clock
Florida big? How big?
My big is 6-9. Then obvious past 10 is running clock.
I go 6. Got a feeling.
Anyone else see that coming.
I saw the UNC loss, not the serious drubbing laid on the Heels. I'm still trying to figure out if it was an impressive enough win that Florida should be the favorite over UVA. I -- like Joe Mauer, I think -- kind of think the Gators are the favorite, ever so slightly here.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

2004wrongisland wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:12 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:24 pm The amount of excuse making for UNC going on is hilarious. I get they have a ton of injuries but it seems like they are setting up an easy blame game for the loss if it happens.

We lost 8 starters…

8 fantastic players token from our lineup… Who else do you think comes off the bench to score because none of the other players have played
While UNC had significant injury issues this look at their last two NCAA games. They scored 8 goals today and 4 goals in their last NCAA game against Denver last year when they weren’t dealing with any injuries. That’s an abysmal 6 goals a game.

This year’s injuries have provided an excuse for and masked a significant problem- their offensive philosophy and coaching. It needs to be improved or they will underachieve next year even with a boatload of offensive talent. And that boatload of talent will cause its own friction as players scrap for playing time and with three sisters and a coach’s daughter on the team next year.
This is an interesting conversation in itself. Redshirts, nepotism, sister act, a bloated offense, would worry me if I was any recruiting class after the 24’s. There’s just no room at the inn for a long while.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

We lost 8 starters…

I think last year was very good for the amount of talent we lost, our goalie, best defender and basically our whole offense. We had to replace it with freshman or players off the bench.

Also Jenny Levy’s an amazing coach and with next year’s lineup we could be going back to championship weekend. I could see Jenny converting players to defense knowing how much attacking players we have. Also having 3 sisters is good knowing they have good chemistry but also Ashley is one of the best feeders so don’t think she’s keeping the ball away from other teammates. Chloe is going to have an amazing season and could be a player to watch
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

2nd round

BC v. Princeton -- BC

Notre Dame v. Michigan -- Michigan

Maryland v. JMU -- JMU

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn

Denver v. Northwestern -- NU

SBU v. Syracuse --Orange

Hopkins v. Yale -- Hopkins

Florida v. UVA - UVA
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

NULax2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:12 am 2nd round

BC v. Princeton -- BC

Notre Dame v. Michigan -- Michigan

Maryland v. JMU -- JMU

Penn v. Loyola -- Penn

Denver v. Northwestern -- NU

SBU v. Syracuse --Orange

Hopkins v. Yale -- Hopkins

Florida v. UVA - UVA
These are all great games. Other than the BC and NU games they should all be super competitive. Very curious about the ND v MI game. Thoughts on that one?
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

We lost 8 starters…

Florida also had 14 saves.. Ashley Humphrey is our main feeder and we had one assist on 8 goals. It obviously shows how much this team struggles without her on the offense when last time we played Florida she had 2 goals and 3 assists
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 pm

We lost 8 starters…

Florida also had 14 saves.. Ashley Humphrey is our main feeder and we had one assist on 8 goals. It obviously shows how much this team struggles without her on the offense when last time we played Florida she had 2 goals and 3 assists
Didn’t wurtz used to be the feeder ? She plays pretty much behind cage ?? How did this one kid become the main feeder when wurtz played that position for 3/4 years ?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:39 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C61K6zFr ... xnMmdoZDln

Wow just wow. I didn’t notice this when it happened and I thought the offensive foul was called on a bad screen or something.

Sad it didn’t get called a card even as a UNC fan, but also players make mistakes but her frustration losing in what could’ve been her last collegiate game shouldn’t have led to that.
That is so Busch league. Why do we let things like that slide? Where are her teammates coming to her defense? Where is the apology from Levy postgame? IMO, gender stereotypes feed into why stuff like this is allowed/accepted/gets brushed under the rug in the women’s game. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong. But watching that just gets me fired up.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:59 pm

We lost 8 starters…

Didn’t wurtz used to be the feeder ? She plays pretty much behind cage ?? How did this one kid become the main feeder when wurtz played that position for 3/4 years ?
Wurzburger has also been a feeder but Humphrey has been better this season. Humphrey also has 17 more assists with his one less game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”