UVA @ Syracuse Sat. 4/20 2 pm

D1 Mens Lacrosse
BigTurn

Re: UVA @ Syracuse Sat. 4/20 2 pm

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:34 pm Like, how does Nunes not save that... frigging telegraphed. low to low couldn't be simpler.
I mean stevens tee’d off hands free from 8. That’s not one you really expect the goalie to make, the much bigger issue was UVAs defense. Atrocious
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Anyone who says Cuse/UVa isn't the best rivarly in lacrosse is just a boomer from Baltimore.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Probably gonna be some quiet Hoo and Terps fans here right now.

What I generally and humbly advise folks is, before ripping into any opponent, make sure you take care of business first. If you leave the door ajar, the risk of humiliation is too high relative to the payoff. No one I know claims Spallina is a Tewey candidate; I realize the folks at Inside Lacrosse (staffed with some very partial Syracuse fans) hype Spallina and Syracuse a tad too much.

But after today, Connor just took a sideways step himself (Brandau comfortably ahead): great individual numbers today, but couldn’t bring home a win for the second week in a row. That won’t help him.

Hoos now with a few issues which are difficult to fix at this stage: porous defense and a suspect goalie. Good luck with that.
Last edited by Finster on Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 pm Anyone who says Cuse/UVa isn't the best rivarly in lacrosse is just a boomer from Baltimore.

Weren’t you just saying Syracuses number one scorer is overrated?
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

Finster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:49 pm
Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 pm Anyone who says Cuse/UVa isn't the best rivarly in lacrosse is just a boomer from Baltimore.

What does one overrated chump have to do with the rivalry at-large?
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm Probably gonna be some quiet Hoo and Terps fans here right now.

What I generally and humbly advise folks is, before ripping into any opponent, make sure you take care of business first. If you leave the door ajar, the risk of humiliation is too high relative to the payoff. No one I know claims Spallina is a Tewey candidate; I realize the folks at Inside Lacrosse (staffed with some very partial Syracuse fans) hype Spallina and Syracuse a tad too much.

But after today, Connor just took a sideways step himself (Brandau comfortably ahead): great individual numbers today, but couldn’t bring home a win for the second week in a row. That won’t help him.

Hoos now with a few issues which are difficult to fix at this stage: porous defense and a suspect goalie. Good luck with that.
He took a sideways step by scoring 4,5 shooting 67% against the #6 team? Do you even read what you write? Not a single person in here said UVA was going to win, the entire discussion was that spallina was MIA once again against a good team, yet somehow ended up on the Top 25 tewaaraton watch list. It’s a complete joke.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:51 pm
Finster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:49 pm
What does one overrated chump have to do with the rivalry at-large?

It doesn’t. I just assumed your first post-game post might have been a modest display of contrition.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Arguably the game of the year. Game of runs that had a bit of everything , frenetic and exciting throughout.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 pm Probably gonna be some quiet Hoo and Terps fans here right now.

this is a clown post. you've made absolutism posts about teams and players for 2 years now. no one needs your advice on that. win with grace.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm

this is a clown post. you've made absolutism posts about teams and players for 2 years now. no one needs your advice on that. win with grace.

I don’t know a thing about your posts nor which team you support; you however seem to know my intent?

UVA fans ripping Syracuse’s #1 player in a game where UVA lost. I don’t know, THAT seemed presumptuous. Not to you though.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

respectfully, hard disagree
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:14 pm

I don’t know a thing about your posts nor which team you support; you however seem to know my intent?

UVA fans ripping Syracuse’s #1 player in a game where UVA lost. I don’t know, THAT seemed presumptuous. Not to you though.
post was about the messenger and his past messages. glass houses and all. most cuse fans on here, wouldn't have batted an eye. your observation itself didn't seem far off, but you don't get to make them yourself with malice, be wrong, and then lecture others for the same.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Super exciting games - some remarkable individual plays, great hustle, and, amazingly, most of thread discussion about Spallina. Not sure why folks so keen to point out he's not ready for the Tewarton, and not sure why Cuse fans so intensely feel the need to insist we all think he's better than he is. Cuse Just had arguably best win in many years, and, some cuse fans seem most concerned about defending an individual (22) rather than celebrating team achievement.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

NYlax222 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:08 pm Super exciting games - some remarkable individual plays, great hustle, and, amazingly, most of thread discussion about Spallina. Not sure why folks so keen to point out he's not ready for the Tewarton, and not sure why Cuse fans so intensely feel the need to insist we all think he's better than he is. Cuse Just had arguably best win in many years, and, some cuse fans seem most concerned about defending an individual (22) rather than celebrating team achievement.
Because Spallina was the only thing keeping Syracuse relevant for the past 3 years. That win meant more to Cuse than anyone on the UVa bench can begin to even understand. Congrats they played the best game of their lives and beat a team trending down and sputtering out.
Last edited by Hooz123 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Shellenberger passes 300 career points.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hooz123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:13 pm
NYlax222 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:08 pm Super exciting games - some remarkable individual plays, great hustle, and, amazingly, most of thread discussion about Spallina. Not sure why folks so keen to point out he's not ready for the Tewarton, and not sure why Cuse fans so intensely feel the need to insist we all think he's better than he is. Cuse Just had arguably best win in many years, and, some cuse fans seem most concerned about defending an individual (22) rather than celebrating team achievement.
Because Spallina was the only thing keeping Syracuse relevant for the past 3 years. That win meant more to Cuse than anyone on the UVa bench can begin to even understand. Congrats they played the best game of their lives and beat a team trending down and sputtering out.
I think you mean last two years. Spallina is a soph
nms

Post by nms »

If UVA loses to ND next week, and again in the first round of the ACC tournament, are they in danger of missing the NCAAs?

Finishing with four straight losses and only one top 10 win (MD) is not a good look.
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

nms wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm If UVA loses to ND next week, and again in the first round of the ACC tournament, are they in danger of missing the NCAAs?

Finishing with four straight losses and only one top 10 win (MD) is not a good look.
I'm not sure how the committee would feel about their recent poor results, but keeping everything else equal and giving UVA 2 straight losses against ND, UVA would have the #7 RPI and the 6th best set of wins and losses.
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
DMac

Post by DMac »

Fantastic game, typical of many of the Va-Cuse games.
Physical, really hard fought game by both teams. 8,400
in attendance, was electric in the Dome...no too many
Va fans.
Female vocalist absolutely killed the National Anthem,
gets a very nice ovation from the crowd. 4 chair turn on
The Voice.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

All week long all we heard on this board was how the ACC was the superior conference because the teams play great defense compared to the Ivies. Where was this vaunted ACC defense today?

First Cornell puts up 17 on ND on Sunday. Then Duke and UVA play an 18-12 game. And then today's 18-17 UVA SU game with over 100 shots??? What say you ACC fans who preached defense all week. Do we discount Shelly's 9 point game today because it was played in an up and down bard burner just like people have been discounting Brandau's season on this forum this week?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”