Mental Health, Abuse and reporting in Women's Lacrosse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Mental Health, Abuse and reporting in Women's Lacrosse

Post by Dr. Tact »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 pm Haha. No problem.

Not the first time someone has confused me with Larry. I think you’d be quite surprised if you met the two of us in person. :lol:
Would welcome that opportunity
Downhill Dodger

Post by Downhill Dodger »

njbill wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 pm Nice speech, except you don’t know all of the relevant facts, notwithstanding what you think. You seem to want to take as gospel what the NY City lawyer wrote. I don’t. You haven’t reviewed all of the relevant documentation. You haven’t seen the University’s report, read the transcripts of the interviews, reviewed the medical records, and on and on. You haven’t interviewed anyone. Nevertheless, you seem to think you know enough to fire off that speech.

For me, I want to hear the other side of the story before jumping to conclusions.

No doubt if you take the NY City lawyer’s letter at face value, it paints a damning picture. But he only interviewed six current and former (i.e., pre-2022 grad year) players. The 2022 roster lists 28 players. If you add 8 seniors and the one grad student from the ’21 roster (since he said he interviewed former players), that totals 36 players. Thus, the lawyer interviewed only 16% of the players in the group he was focusing on. It’s clear he only interviewed players who disliked Taylor. Why didn’t he seek to interview any players who may have had positive things to say about her to get a more complete picture? None of the interviewed players was recruited by Taylor. The lawyer evidently did not reach out to Taylor, herself, to get her side of the story.

The University declined his request to suspend Taylor and conducted a much wider review done by a third party before drawing any conclusions or taking any action. At least 30 people were interviewed, presumably including some players Taylor recruited. I would expect athletic trainers were interviewed to get their perspectives on the injury-related allegations. It appears the third party did not recommend that Taylor be suspended or terminated, which to me suggests the reviewing firm concluded there was another side to the story and the overall picture in the wlax program was not as bad as painted by the lawyer. The firm did recommend some changes which Colgate, to its credit, implemented.

As someone who saw many opening salvo lawyer letters of this nature in my career, I know there is invariably another side to the story. What do others with personal knowledge of the events say? What do these complainants say when cross-examined? Do they back up what the lawyer wrote in his letter? What story does the documentary evidence (medical records, texts, emails, etc.) tell?

The past several years have been rough on all college athletic programs. Just prior to the beginning of the 2019 season, Colgate’s long time coach resigned, and an interim coach had to be hastily appointed. Taylor’s first year was the 2020 Covid year, a year that was challenging for every single program in the county. Due to Patriot League restrictions, the 2021 year was truncated. The upperclass players understandably had had a rather rocky experience in these three years: the coach who recruited them was gone, they’d had an interim coach for a year, and then Covid hit.

In terms of program attrition, yes, 44% of the players left in the 2022, 2023, and 2024 classes. How many were due to Taylor and how many were unrelated? I don’t know. You don’t know. BTW, I don’t think 44% is accurate for all players since she took over in June 2019. It’s just those three classes.

As to her record, Taylor was 3-4 overall, 0-0 (league) in 2020; 5-6, 3-4 (reg. season), 1-1 (playoffs) in 2021; and 6-12, 5-4 (reg. season), 0-1 (playoffs) in 2022. Not a stellar record, to be sure, but 8-8 in league regular season play and 1-2 in the playoffs isn’t terrible. Last year she had one year of her recruited players. This year she will have two.

I said previously that I’m a Colgate grad and have more or less followed Taylor’s career for 20 years. Several people I know well and whose opinions I trust have spoken well of her. I’ve never heard anything remotely like this about her. (Of course, that doesn’t mean these allegations can’t be true.) So if you want to read my posts as defending her, so be it. I believe, however, that I am simply asking for people to be aware that a lot of the relevant facts evidently haven’t come out publicly and, in particular, that one shouldn’t buy hook, line, and sinker what some lawyer writes.

If, as reported, Taylor has a five year contract, I suspect it runs out after the 2024 season. Colgate currently has an interim AD. I’d be surprised if he terminated her during his tenure. I’d guess he’ll leave the decision on Taylor’s future to the new AD. I think the most likely scenario is Taylor serves out the remainder of her contract. The real decision will come when Colgate decides whether or not to extend her after next year. At that point, Taylor will have had two more years to clean things up and improve her record, by then with players she has recruited. We shall see what happens.
I don't disagree with you, hence my Robert Evan's quote about "the 3 sides of the truth" from the above post. I believe what happens in these situations is that in the lawyering up process agendas get set and positions get anchored. The school does all things to "protect the academy" and the plaintiff side lets emotions, demands and $$ rule the day. Perhaps, if more direct constructive conversations were had and listening to complaints were actually heard in the process a lot of this stuff could be avoided. But it's not, and this type of thing happens. I have been around college sports too long and have seen this play out too many times, she is dead woman walking. If things stay as they are, Your right interim AD will do nothing, new AD will come in and have his/ her own ideas. The reality of this is she wins 39% of her games and has created a lot of noise around a negative resource program, so she is at huge risk. On the other hand, if she won 75% of her games, my guess is this would not have even been a point of discussion, as winning, fairly or unfairly, cures a lot of things.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

The tone and tenor of college athletics are very different today than 20 years ago.
https://www.boston.com/sports/the-bosto ... -behavior/
‘A culture of complete fear’: Harvard women’s hockey coach Katey Stone under fire for alleged abusive behavior
Katey Stone’s 26th season as the Harvard women’s ice hockey coach, brimming with promise most of the way, suddenly was sinking — and Stone’s anger was rising...

Globe article is behind a paywall, but here is a brief recap from Inside Higher Ed:
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... ckey-coach
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Have no idea what is happening at Harvard. but if a college coach his losing 2 or maybe 3 “recruited” players a year, that doesn’t seem like an issue to me. teams are always losing two or 3 players a year, hockey, lacrosse, football, baseball, what ever sport. kids change while they are at college and some choose to leave their teams for a variety of reasons. doesn’t alway mean there is a problem with the coach.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Downhill Dodger wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 pm Dasher, I don’t see it quite your way. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but upthread you were willing to concede we don't know all the info. Now you have concluded it's an "awful situation." Ready, fire, aim.

But let’s peel back the varnish here. Somebody (pretty obvious who) hired a fancy pants New York City law firm to conduct an “investigation” of sorts and to present a complaint to the university.

The obvious purpose was to get the coach fired. They failed.

After the university conducted an investigation, they implemented changes, including giving some of the players soft landings. All of that is to Colgate’s credit.

If the lawyer’s report told the full story, you would expect the coach to be fired. But that didn’t happen. Colgate did not terminate Coach Taylor. That to me has significance.

One side of the story has been told. How many of the complainants were Taylor’s recruits? Any? How many were recruited by prior coaches? I know this will never happen, but it would be in the interest of full disclosure for all of the information generated by both the law firm and the university to be released: all of the interviews, all of the names, all of the findings, all of the conclusions.

For me, I’m not drawing any firm conclusions until I see all of the evidence (which I understand won’t happen).

Edit to add: Colgate's 2023 roster has 3 seniors, 8 juniors, 10 sophs, and 10 frosh. Also they have 8 HS 2023 commits and 8 HS 2024s. Taylor recruited the sophs, frosh, and the two HS recruiting classes. A prior coach (I suspect Heather Young) recruited the current seniors and juniors. The senior class (2023) started out with 8 frosh. The junior class (2024) started with 10 frosh. So 5 of 8 seniors and 2 of 10 juniors have dropped lax along the way. I also looked at the class of 2022 (also recruited by the prior coach), which started with 7 girls as frosh, 3 of which were still on the team as seniors. Natural attrition? Issues with Taylor? Some combination?
These are the facts: She has had a 44% attrition rate in 3 classes. She has a 39% winning percentage. She has been controversial and had to have new policies, codes of conduct, and guidelines implemented to correct her past behavior and to insure that it won't be repeated. She is in a deep hole

A new AD walks in the door, if I were in their shoes, this is how the conversation is going to go.

"Coach, I have reviewed all the documentation pertaining to your tenure here, I have reached out to a random sampling of current and past players, both who stayed with the program and those who left, to better understand the context. We are in unprecedented times as collegiate athletic departments, and with a rapidly shifting landscape, and we need to insure that those in our community have positive experiences during their time here. The facts are you have a 39% winning percentage and a 44% athlete attrition rate in the 3 years you have been here. In addition, your tenure has had major public relations and university scrutiny that was not in a positive light to the university and community. Do you disagree with any of these facts or positions? I am open to hearing your side of the events. What you disclose will not change your position as head coach, as the university conducted a full investigation and prior administrators chose this path forward, but you have a clean slate.

Here is my expectation, after 3 years as you should be in a position to have the team competitive for the upper half of the league and to be competitive in the conference tournament. You should also have a positive, forward-looking culture installed by now. In the past these results and metrics have not been met. My expectation for the program this season and moving forward is that the team achieves these results on the field or has established major momentum toward these metrics. Off the field, I expect content and healthy players, who feel that major improvements have been made in their quality of life through their participation in the program.

That is the bar. If you do not achieve either of these goals, I will find a coach who can lead the program in that direction, but the trajectory of the program is solely up to you and your staff's efforts going forward and I wish you luck and will help you any way I can to achieve these results, but the ball is clearly in your half of the field and your future at our school is unwritten"
After seeing the running clock in the Binghamton game, I poked around Colgate's website. Looks as if things have gotten worse. The roster is down to only 2 seniors and 6 juniors. Total roster size is now 28 players, barely enough for a full field scrimmage. Of 18 original members of the '23 and '24 classes, only 8 remain (55.5% attrition rate). The team is 1-4 and about to head into a really tough stretch -- Florida next and then a gauntlet of Patriot League foes. On paper, it is hard to imagine them matching last season's 6 wins. I have always admired Colgate as an institution and wish them the best.
njbill

Post by njbill »

As has been noted, for what it's worth, Taylor did not recruit the current junior and senior classes. None of the ten frosh or ten sophs, all recruited by Taylor, has quit the team, which is a good sign.

As a very young team this year, they are taking their lumps.

Laxnumbers still shows eight 2023 (HS) and eight 2024 (HS) recruits, also a good sign.

In terms of roster size, in the year before Taylor took over (team had interim coach that year), there were 28 women on the team. In the two prior years (long time coach), there were 25 players on the team each year.

As I understand it, Taylor's contract runs through next season. I suspect the decision as to whether to renew her contract will be made by the new AD after next season (assuming one has been hired by then) and not by the current interim AD.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Can Opener wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:40 am
Downhill Dodger wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 pm Dasher, I don’t see it quite your way. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but upthread you were willing to concede we don't know all the info. Now you have concluded it's an "awful situation." Ready, fire, aim.

But let’s peel back the varnish here. Somebody (pretty obvious who) hired a fancy pants New York City law firm to conduct an “investigation” of sorts and to present a complaint to the university.

The obvious purpose was to get the coach fired. They failed.

After the university conducted an investigation, they implemented changes, including giving some of the players soft landings. All of that is to Colgate’s credit.

If the lawyer’s report told the full story, you would expect the coach to be fired. But that didn’t happen. Colgate did not terminate Coach Taylor. That to me has significance.

One side of the story has been told. How many of the complainants were Taylor’s recruits? Any? How many were recruited by prior coaches? I know this will never happen, but it would be in the interest of full disclosure for all of the information generated by both the law firm and the university to be released: all of the interviews, all of the names, all of the findings, all of the conclusions.

For me, I’m not drawing any firm conclusions until I see all of the evidence (which I understand won’t happen).

Edit to add: Colgate's 2023 roster has 3 seniors, 8 juniors, 10 sophs, and 10 frosh. Also they have 8 HS 2023 commits and 8 HS 2024s. Taylor recruited the sophs, frosh, and the two HS recruiting classes. A prior coach (I suspect Heather Young) recruited the current seniors and juniors. The senior class (2023) started out with 8 frosh. The junior class (2024) started with 10 frosh. So 5 of 8 seniors and 2 of 10 juniors have dropped lax along the way. I also looked at the class of 2022 (also recruited by the prior coach), which started with 7 girls as frosh, 3 of which were still on the team as seniors. Natural attrition? Issues with Taylor? Some combination?
These are the facts: She has had a 44% attrition rate in 3 classes. She has a 39% winning percentage. She has been controversial and had to have new policies, codes of conduct, and guidelines implemented to correct her past behavior and to insure that it won't be repeated. She is in a deep hole

A new AD walks in the door, if I were in their shoes, this is how the conversation is going to go.

"Coach, I have reviewed all the documentation pertaining to your tenure here, I have reached out to a random sampling of current and past players, both who stayed with the program and those who left, to better understand the context. We are in unprecedented times as collegiate athletic departments, and with a rapidly shifting landscape, and we need to insure that those in our community have positive experiences during their time here. The facts are you have a 39% winning percentage and a 44% athlete attrition rate in the 3 years you have been here. In addition, your tenure has had major public relations and university scrutiny that was not in a positive light to the university and community. Do you disagree with any of these facts or positions? I am open to hearing your side of the events. What you disclose will not change your position as head coach, as the university conducted a full investigation and prior administrators chose this path forward, but you have a clean slate.

Here is my expectation, after 3 years as you should be in a position to have the team competitive for the upper half of the league and to be competitive in the conference tournament. You should also have a positive, forward-looking culture installed by now. In the past these results and metrics have not been met. My expectation for the program this season and moving forward is that the team achieves these results on the field or has established major momentum toward these metrics. Off the field, I expect content and healthy players, who feel that major improvements have been made in their quality of life through their participation in the program.

That is the bar. If you do not achieve either of these goals, I will find a coach who can lead the program in that direction, but the trajectory of the program is solely up to you and your staff's efforts going forward and I wish you luck and will help you any way I can to achieve these results, but the ball is clearly in your half of the field and your future at our school is unwritten"
After seeing the running clock in the Binghamton game, I poked around Colgate's website. Looks as if things have gotten worse. The roster is down to only 2 seniors and 6 juniors. Total roster size is now 28 players, barely enough for a full field scrimmage. Of 18 original members of the '23 and '24 classes, only 8 remain (55.5% attrition rate). The team is 1-4 and about to head into a really tough stretch -- Florida next and then a gauntlet of Patriot League foes. On paper, it is hard to imagine them matching last season's 6 wins. I have always admired Colgate as an institution and wish them the best.
I put their over/under at 2 games. With 1 win under their belt it will be challenging to get to 2 wins. The only toss up game left is with Lafayette which is traditionally the worst team in the Patriot League. Btw, I put the over/under for Lafayette at 2 games as well with the only winnable game left being against Colgate. But both coaches remain in place and in fact, the Lafayette coach just got a 3 year extension for some reason.
Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Former captain and three year starter puts her name and face on the accusations and abuse and calls for HC firing. She was told she wasn’t hurt. Three surgeries later. This isn’t going away. https://www.uticaod.com/videos/sports/2 ... 419422002/
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Dasher wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:17 pm Former captain and three year starter puts her name and face on the accusations and abuse and calls for HC firing. She was told she wasn’t hurt. Three surgeries later. This isn’t going away. https://www.uticaod.com/videos/sports/2 ... 419422002/
Wow - 4 players go on video to speak out.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:32 pm
Dasher wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:17 pm Former captain and three year starter puts her name and face on the accusations and abuse and calls for HC firing. She was told she wasn’t hurt. Three surgeries later. This isn’t going away. https://www.uticaod.com/videos/sports/2 ... 419422002/
another article, I sense the beginning of the end for the coach, certainly the poor performance would support a firing as well

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2023/03 ... eport.html
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:19 am
another article, I sense the beginning of the end for the coach, certainly the poor performance would support a firing as well

Seems eerily similar to the Louisville situation several years back. Big article was published in USAToday, the coach survived that storm but eventually was let go. Coaching hard is one thing but treating these players like they’re cattle is another. I never understood (and never will) how a coach can be angry at a player for being injured.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Well I think they have an attacker playing goalie? What a sh*^show
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Justalaxdad wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:09 am
8meterPA wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:19 am

Seems eerily similar to the Louisville situation several years back. Big article was published in USAToday, the coach survived that storm but eventually was let go. Coaching hard is one thing but treating these players like they’re cattle is another. I never understood (and never will) how a coach can be angry at a player for being injured.
She's not the only coach who has made players play with injuries. I know of one first hand and she still has her job.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:12 am Well I think they have an attacker playing goalie? What a sh*^show
According to the roster and the stats, Colgate has two players rostered as goalies. One has not played this year (injured?). The other has played 345 minutes. The attacker/goalie has played 15 mins. (the 4th quarter of the Binghamton game). The starter returned and played the full game in the next game.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The anti-Taylor faction, largely if not entirely made up of players she didn't recruit, certainly is winning the PR war. But after investigating, Colgate decided to retain her, which to me has some significance in terms of the veracity of the allegations, especially the most extreme ones which, if true, would warrant termination. So maybe they weren't true or perhaps they were exaggerated? What did the trainers say about the injury allegations?

The Rochester newspaper article is behind a paywall so I can't read it, but I presume it is mainly a rehash of the story from last year, now with some on-the-record interviews from complainants. It's a good thing some of them have now put their names behind their allegations. Should have happened a year ago.

I'm sticking with my prediction that Taylor serves out her contract which, as I understand it, expires after next season. Don't have a prediction as to whether she wants to stay after that and, if she does, whether she'll be renewed.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:55 am The anti-Taylor faction, largely if not entirely made up of players she didn't recruit, certainly is winning the PR war. But after investigating, Colgate decided to retain her, which to me has some significance in terms of the veracity of the allegations, especially the most extreme ones which, if true, would warrant termination. So maybe they weren't true or perhaps they were exaggerated? What did the trainers say about the injury allegations?

The Rochester newspaper article is behind a paywall so I can't read it, but I presume it is mainly a rehash of the story from last year, now with some on-the-record interviews from complainants. It's a good thing some of them have now put their names behind their allegations. Should have happened a year ago.

I'm sticking with my prediction that Taylor serves out her contract which, as I understand it, expires after next season. Don't have a prediction as to whether she wants to stay after that and, if she does, whether she'll be renewed.
NJBILL - you have really taken the coach's side of this. What about the girls who were affected?
njbill

Post by njbill »

I understand how it comes off that way and I have explained my reasons.

As I have said several times, we don't know all the facts (I won't go thru that litany again). We have heard one side of the story and now have video interviews of some of the complaints. But most critically, we don't know Taylor's side of the story because she has chosen not to talk to the media, which of course is her right. And Colgate (correctly in my view) has not released the report.

The players' side of the story has been well represented and articulated, in the media and on this board. Obviously some of the players she didn't recruit don't like her. To answer your question (as I have said), if she did them wrong or worse, I would condemn that. But if the players have unfairly accused her, I condemn that as well. Colgate evidently has seen all the evidence, talked to a large number of people with relevant info, presumably reviewed relevant documents, and rejected the attorney's request to fire her. That has significance to me.

I imagine you have known Taylor or of her a long time as well. All of this is so inconsistent with what I have heard about her from people I know personally and respect that it does raise questions in my mind. Is it theoretically possible everything happened as alleged by the players? Yes. Is it possible things were mischaracterized, overblown, or that there were vendettas at play? Yes. Wherein lies the truth? I don't know.
Njm

Post by Njm »

Hmmm…yea KT rarely discussed injuries with the trainers, if ever. Weird right?

I read a lot of the posts on this thread & it’s hard bc unfortunately, you don’t know KT in the coaching capacity the way these Colgate players did. You couldn’t possibly experience firsthand the consistency & depth of the woman’s cruelty & narcissism, which btw transcends all levels of talent, playing time & accomplishment unless you were on the team. But w/time, no one will be spared. You might want to like her - I know we WANTED to! You might think you know her from making the rounds in the lacrosse world but you do not know her till you compete for her. Just bc she’s been coaching a while doesn’t mean she deserves more credibility - those 2 things can be & are in this case mutually exclusive. A lot of successful people in their industry lie, are unfit & have done unsavory things. As a matter of fact, you could argue that it might have made some of them better at flying under the radar.

Question - how does it matter that the players weren’t HER recruited players? That just further diminishes her as a coach. A good coach can coach everyone regardless of that status. But you’re right - she didn’t recruit a lot of those girls. She isn’t savvy enough to pull off that level of recruitment on her own.

I think many of us can probably agree on one thing: if only ONE of the allegations of abuse at Colgate were true - that should be enough to let this coach go. Correct? I mean, if it were your own daughters or friends, you would feel that way. And we know that more than one allegation was 100% true. So what’s fair? Is it fair that the player who suffered a broken foot under this coach’s stealthy guidance might never run again? What does fairness or justice look like for her? And what about the future players coming up?? Kinda risky, dangerous waters to jump into don’t you think?

On the matter of credibility - to issue credibility to the university based upon their judgment of the elusive indep report (that no one is allowed to see), once again, that would be a mistake. You’d be placing undue credibility on an institution that isn’t interested nor has it earned it w/respect to this matter. Colgate said “let the process work” and their investigator said the report would be open to 3rd parties, so the players & families waited but Colgate refused to release it. A representative in the president’s office acknowledged the damaging stories in the report saying over the phone, “it looks really bad”…but the investigation turned out to be, as feared, somewhat of a kangaroo court. Colgate didn’t see the reported evidence and declare it “insufficient” - they saw it and coveted it. They were never going to fire her. When I spoke to someone in the president’s office they said they “sympathized with me but I have this Colgate hat welded to my head.” Ohhh….oh ok - I mean if u have a Colgate hat welded to your head then by all means - let the abuse continue.

Daughters of board members quit the team bc they couldn’t play for Kathy Taylor anymore and yet when the time came, the board members put their Colgate hats on & helped keep the coach in place. Can we agree at the very least that there’s potentially on some level, a problematic conflict of interest here?

Players were desperate, & some suicidal, and the university knew this. That is fact bc I spoke to them about it. WHAT were they waiting for? And what pray tell, does fairness or justice look like for those players? Little fyi - the former AD had to be taken off the initial investigation after the fancy pants lawsuit came out bc she was caught bullying & intimidating the players she was interviewing. She didn’t want the truth. She was covering for her recruited coach & you don’t cover if you don’t have something to hide…just like the investigative report.

Listen I’m sorry, I really don’t want to condemn anyone for their opinions regardless of how ill-informed they may be. But I have to tell you, this is a very serious matter & is very personal to so many families at Colgate, as well as other schools who went through the same thing with this coach. As for the concern abt fairness - Idk. It’s a tall order in this maelstrom event. Maybe put yourself in these players shoes & ask yourself “what should fairness look like”? Retaining KT amid a shitstorm of abusive stories and players leaving en masse? (And yes - 7 players leaving right after the rendering of the college’s esteemed decision is telling)
But I want to give credit where credit’s due - getting rid of the AD was a good start (and yes - they did get rid of her - poor Big Red). I do factually know that. That was good. But KT is the immediate threat to these players…she needed to go a while ago.
A lot of the theories regarding the lawsuit & the goodness of Colgate’s measures simply don’t translate if you were actually involved in this thing. Telling players they didn’t have to play & they could retain their scholarships but they were not firing her was an unprecedented power play - NOT something “to Colgate’s credit”. I mean these players wanted to play but retaining their abusive coach was obviously an understandable deal breaker. Can you see how the people affected by this might see it this way? There are so many other truths about this matter but I’ll give the soapbox a rest. In the meantime, please realize that the culture at Colgate has changed - even from a few yrs ago. I’m not saying ‘believe all women’ or believe anyone for that matter - what I’m saying is use a reasoning, unbiased mind. “The truth doesn’t need us to defend it - let it out & it will defend itself.” That’s what we’ve got here.
And heads up - there is more to come. Seems like a lot of schools have been ignoring their hired abusers these days. At least Colgate is in good company with Harvard and Florida, et al.
One last thing…the players who came forward are not whiney or weak or strangers to hard work or tough coaching. They come from many diff backgrounds & they dedicated themselves to a sport they loved for many, many yrs with commitment & diligence. Make no mistake, they are strong people, beyond brave and well-respected in their circles & communities. And THAT is to their credit…and they and their teammates are the only ones who deserve any in this matter. Thee ONLY ones.
Thank you.
njbill

Post by njbill »

What years did you play for Taylor at Colgate?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:10 pm What years did you play for Taylor at Colgate?
I had hoped Nigel would weigh in on this discussion since his experience is much, much closer to Colgate wlax than any other posters’, as far as I can gauge. Certainly including mine.
Be careful njbill. I'm guessing Njm is much closer to the action than I am. Good health was on our side then. But a fall ball injury that was healed over xmas break really scared my D and I don't think it was about potentially losing playing time...
Last edited by Nigel on Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”