Reap the whirlwind

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Reap the whirlwind

Post by PizzaSnake »

Now, what could possibly “gang aft agley” here?

“Police in San Francisco will be allowed to deploy potentially lethal, remote-controlled robots in emergency situations. The controversial policy was approved after weeks of scrutiny and a heated debate among the city’s board of supervisors during their meeting on Tuesday.”

Is SFPD self-insured? Going to get ugly.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... adly-force
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Well half the country keeps yelling about all the shoplifting and lawlessness. What was SFPD supposed to do?

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:57 pm Well half the country keeps yelling about all the shoplifting and lawlessness. What was SFPD supposed to do?

Black Mirror
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just wanted a damn teddy bear.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Duplicate.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:05 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:57 pm Well half the country keeps yelling about all the shoplifting and lawlessness. What was SFPD supposed to do?

Call Harry Callahan?

I think I hear the dogs howling now!!

“Metalhead” was chilling. Might end up being a more accurate and prosaic ending than “Terminator”.
Though I think “dogs” was a misnomer. They look like cockroaches to me.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:52 pm Now, what could possibly “gang aft agley” here?

“Police in San Francisco will be allowed to deploy potentially lethal, remote-controlled robots in emergency situations. The controversial policy was approved after weeks of scrutiny and a heated debate among the city’s board of supervisors during their meeting on Tuesday.”

This is the “Great Replacement” I would worry about. Did they not watch “Robocop”? Can I get one that peels my grapes and fans me with ostrich feathers?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:52 pm Now, what could possibly “gang aft agley” here?

This is the “Great Replacement” I would worry about. Did they not watch “Robocop”? Can I get one that peels my grapes and fans me with ostrich feathers?
I see it as a solution for any uprising…
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:02 pm

Like Portland in 2020 or does it have a political bias?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:06 pm Though I think “dogs” was a misnomer. They look like cockroaches to me.
Yup, very much a cockroach vibe with the dark head and back shape.

Assuming the name is derived from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BigDog
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

get it to x wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:22 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:02 pm

Like Portland in 2020 or does it have a political bias?
Seen these?

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"Boulder, Colorado, has closed its main public library due to methamphetamine contamination in the facility’s bathrooms and some seating areas, city officials say.

The library first closed on December 20 after “higher than acceptable methamphetamine levels were found in restroom air ducts,” according to a news release from the City of Boulder.

The city closed the library “out of an abundance of caution” and to conduct environmental testing, according to the release. Testing found meth residue inside airducts in the main library’s bathrooms. The testing was ordered based on “a spike in reports of individuals smoking in public restrooms over the past four weeks,” according to the release."

So, what exactly is an "acceptable level of methamphetamine level" for restroom air ducts?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/01/us/bould ... index.html

Return to “POLITICS”