Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
JeremyCuse

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by JeremyCuse »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:14 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am This year feels an awful lot like the late 90's to mid 2000's when SU was killing it recruiting wise, March is clearly playing a huge role.
I must be missing something. SU is killing it recruiting-wise?...
Not sure if your being facetious or not but I think its pretty clear for 2022 they have.

-- Carter Kempney M Carthage Senior High School - 5 Star
-- Joey Spallina A Mount Sinai High School - 5 Star #1 Recruit
-- Michael Leo A St Anthony's High School - 4 Star
-- Jimmy McCool G The New Hampton School - High 4 Star
-- Zach Mercado M Austin High School
-- Vincent Trujillo M St Johns College High School - 4 Star

Clearly other schools are as well UVA, UNC and ND pretty much the entire ACC.
Bad assumption, that people here follow Syracuse
as closely as they do on Syracuse’s board.

Owen Hiltz is another, I thought Tierney had that
guy locked down at Denver, but no, a real good
pick up for this season.
Hiltz was a late flip I believe last summer after having been committed to Denver for a while. Rumor was he had second thoughts about being so far from home for 4 years and wanted to be on the East Coast. I was told Tierney didn't take it well and let March know about it at their scrimmage last October.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 am what are they gonna do on the cuse boards with all the top recruits they're grabbing?
The Syracuse fan board is much more like the normal college sports message board than Fanlax/Laxpower. It's filled with recruiting degenerates, like me. We will certainly enjoy these successes, until we lose out on a big target.
i think we could all use some light-hearted jabbing in 2020.
yes, a lot of recruiting news, targets, disappointments, links, suggested targets and rumors. and the doom and gloom that comes from missed chances and targets.

was poking the 3 to 9 (20?) fire desko threads that float around. often the last number of years centered around his... inability to recruit. will those fall off the first page? will march get his own recruit hero thread?

when will the fire desko threads return, 2023?

i joke bc i love. haven't been on the cuse boards in 6 months, i'm sure the tide may be turning there! for now!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm I don't support any adult sending a teenager a private message but people scouting comments for recruiting news or tidbits is common place in D1 recruiting.
So you're a different JeremyCuse from the one who admitted he felt like an "idiot creeper" for sending Spallina a private message last week "letting him know he was home"?

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm Not sure if your being facetious or not but I think its pretty clear for 2022 they have.

Owen Hiltz is another...
Agreed about Spallina and Hiltz... and more. The reason why I scratch my head is because... Killing it is relative. SU will always get great talent. They're SU. and, for sure, this year's talent is better than previous recent years. but this is because previous recent years have been pretty bad. but back to my point which is... SU's previous recent years were defined as bad because they were bad relative to the other perennial powers. this year's recruits are much closer to what other perennial powers are doing, some better, some worse, but... I don't see SU as killing it. i see SU, after many years of getting crushed, finally competing with the other powers in the recruiting war.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:23 am what are they gonna do on the cuse boards with all the top recruits they're grabbing?
The Syracuse fan board is much more like the normal college sports message board than Fanlax/Laxpower. It's filled with recruiting degenerates, like me. We will certainly enjoy these successes, until we lose out on a big target.
i think we could all use some light-hearted jabbing in 2020.
yes, a lot of recruiting news, targets, disappointments, links, suggested targets and rumors. and the doom and gloom that comes from missed chances and targets.

was poking the 3 to 9 (20?) fire desko threads that float around. often the last number of years centered around his... inability to recruit. will those fall off the first page? will march get his own recruit hero thread?

when will the fire desko threads return, 2023?

i joke bc i love. haven't been on the cuse boards in 6 months, i'm sure the tide may be turning there! for now!
I really only look for the recruiting threads, so I don't notice many of the others. I ignore all the threads about various polls and will there be/won't there be a season. Any kind of Fire Desko thread definitely slips past my attention.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm I don't support any adult sending a teenager a private message but people scouting comments for recruiting news or tidbits is common place in D1 recruiting.
So you're a different JeremyCuse from the one who admitted he felt like an "idiot creeper" for sending Spallina a private message last week "letting him know he was home"?

How do you know that is private and not just a comment he made on a public insta post? Also I love that Hopkins fans have absolutely no leg to stand on bragging about the actual quality of their lax team and resort to BS like this. I would say this is a new low for you but I am sure I could find lower in your 81 pages of posts. Get out of here with this nonsense you got a big Mount St Marys game coming up.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:46 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:02 pm Not sure if your being facetious or not but I think its pretty clear for 2022 they have.

Owen Hiltz is another...
Agreed about Spallina and Hiltz... and more. The reason why I scratch my head is because... Killing it is relative. SU will always get great talent. They're SU. and, for sure, this year's talent is better than previous recent years. but this is because previous recent years have been pretty bad. but back to my point which is... SU's previous recent years were defined as bad because they were bad relative to the other perennial powers. this year's recruits are much closer to what other perennial powers are doing, some better, some worse, but... I don't see SU as killing it. i see SU, after many years of getting crushed, finally competing with the other powers in the recruiting war.
How did SU have great talent and get crushed in recruiting?

I think there is too much talent out there for any team to be killing it the way you're defining it. Doesn't killing it just mean doing very well? I think SU is recruiting very well now, so I am on board with that description.

Syracuse has had some good teams that haven't had much NCAA tournament success and a big reason why was because they didn't have great attackmen. Well, now they're getting some that may be great (we'll see). I've posted, probably on the syracusefan.com boards how I like how they've recruited lately (past 5 years or so) for every position except attack. At least for the current team.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They shopped well in the transfer market though if you think of Lade, Williams, Scanlon, etc
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Antonio114 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:54 pm

How do you know that is private and not just a comment he made on a public insta post? Also I love that Hopkins fans have absolutely no leg to stand on bragging about the actual quality of their lax team and resort to BS like this. I would say this is a new low for you but I am sure I could find lower in your 81 pages of posts. Get out of here with this nonsense you got a big Mount St Marys game coming up.
Yikes, seems like this may have struck a nerve. What's BS about noting he called himself a creeper for messaging the kid?

JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

That was a public post, I didn't send him a private message and in all honesty I wish I hadn't sent anything. Things must be slowing down on the Hop thread if your diving this deep on the Syracuse board.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Owen Hiltz is another...
I see your point that you were making and don't disagree. I think that relative to the middle of the last decade this current class at least so far is a lot better from a star perspective which can help get you over that hunp back into memorial day weekend. Desko and Syracuse has also done pretty well despite getting "crushed" in recruiting as you noted, especially against the rest of the ACC but the lack of tourney success has certainly been a red flag.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Yikes, seems like this may have struck a nerve. What's BS about noting he called himself a creeper for messaging the kid?

Yes you being a total immature jerk has struck a nerve. You actually scouring through some guys posts on some different forum just to have a little gotcha moment has definitely struck a nerve. "Yeah I don't look at recruits insta pages I look at fanlax guys posts in other forums in search of contradictions to what they say on here LIKE AN ADULT!"
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

That was a public post, I didn't send him a private message and in all honesty I wish I hadn't sent anything. Things must be slowing down on the Hop thread if your diving this deep on the Syracuse board.
Really? Because it sure seemed like you said that in reaction to his Instagram story showing he visited the Syracuse campus. Hence the "you're home" comment. You can't comment publicly on those. All responses to an Instagram story are sent privately to the user who posted it. Then again, you already knew that.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Owen Hiltz is another...
How did SU have great talent and get crushed in recruiting?

I think there is too much talent out there for any team to be killing it the way you're defining it. Doesn't killing it just mean doing very well? I think SU is recruiting very well now, so I am on board with that description.

Syracuse has had some good teams that haven't had much NCAA tournament success and a big reason why was because they didn't have great attackmen. Well, now they're getting some that may be great (we'll see). I've posted, probably on the syracusefan.com boards how I like how they've recruited lately (past 5 years or so) for every position except attack. At least for the current team.
+1, spot on post and you couldn't be more correct about the attack unit.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm How did SU have great talent and get crushed in recruiting?

Relative to NJIT, SU is crushing it. Relative to Duke, UVA, UMD, etc., not so much. That's my only point. I feel the same about JHU and their arguing about whether they should be a preseason Top 15 or 25. That's a discussion for Dartmouth, not JHU. For JHU, the discussion should be one about getting all hands on deck ASAP.

SU's D for the past 5 years has hovered around giving up 10 to 15 goals per game. this isn't great. Relative to the top programs, or otherwise. Don't get me wrong. I'm an SU fan. with this said, SU has struggled recently and, while a step in the right direction, this recent recruiting round isn't amazing... relative to the perennial powers.
Caddy Day
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Antonio114 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Yes you being a total immature jerk has struck a nerve. You actually scouring through some guys posts on some different forum just to have a little gotcha moment has definitely struck a nerve. "Yeah I don't look at recruits insta pages I look at fanlax guys posts in other forums in search of contradictions to what they say on here LIKE AN ADULT!"
It wasn't hard to find. I had already read the post in question. I had been occasionally monitoring the Cuse board's Spallina thread beause—and this may come as a shock to you—as a lacrosse fan I was interested in where the #1 recruit in the country was going to commit, and a few people on that board seemed to be in the know, at least relative to people here.

So when JeremyCuse posted here that he doesn't support sending kids private messages, it was rather easy to remember back to a few days ago when I read a user with that same username admit to doing that exact thing. I'm getting older but luckily I'm still able to remember things I read three days ago. It's hardly "scouring"—that seems like a projection. Scouring is combing through 500 comments on a kid's Instagram post to see how certain uncommitted players phrased their congratulations in the hopes their syntax might shed some clues about where they want to go to school.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Really? Because it sure seemed like you said that in reaction to his Instagram story showing he visited the Syracuse campus. Hence the "you're home" comment. You can't comment publicly on those. All responses to an Instagram story are sent privately to the user who posted it. Then again, you already knew that.
Yes I did respond to his story how the hell else would I have known he was visiting? After someone on our board noted he posted he was visiting i checked it out. I dont use Instagram much so it took me a while to even find the post and send the comment. I assumed those comments are public. I don't follow recruits personally but when your talking about the #1 overall recruit and the most hyped recruitment in a long time you tend to pay a little more attention.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Owen Hiltz is another...
Question. If recent years were pretty bad then how does Syracuse keep beating Duke's talent ? Think they have beaten Blue Devils the last four years and they go head to head with the other ACC teams that supposedly had better recruits . Is Desko's coaching underrated?

That conference is more loaded than usual . Duke with Sowers and other arrivals could be special.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Yes I did respond to his story how the hell else would I have known he was visiting? After someone on our board noted he posted he was visiting i checked it out. I dont use Instagram much so it took me a while to even find the post and send the comment. I assumed those comments are public. I don't follow recruits personally but when your talking about the #1 overall recruit and the most hyped recruitment in a long time you tend to pay a little more attention.
This guy has reached new levels of toxic forum behavior and I apologize for getting involved. You are much better than I at being the bigger man.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

bananas wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm Question. If recent years were pretty bad then how does Syracuse keep beating Duke's talent ? Think they have beaten Blue Devils the last four years and they go head to head with the other ACC teams that supposedly had better recruits . Is Desko's coaching underrated?
Not sure if this question was rhetorical or not but... Duke is one team. Over the course of a season, everyone is beating and losing to everyone. (I'm of the belief that many d1 Men's teams lose games because they can and still get invited to the big dance. but that's a separate discussion.) more important than beating Duke is the Final Four, Two, and One. And SU has been less than stellar in this category.

As many are saying, March is seemingly playing no small role in SU's recent recruiting (and hopefully otherwise) success. If this is true for the O Coach, I wonder if the same would hold true for the Head Coach.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”