Limestone University 2021

D2 Mens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Re: Limestone University 2021

Post by RedFromMI »

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:10 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am
Lacrossehead17 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:58 am
carolinalax24 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am In a shocking upset, Limestone falls at home against Newberry, 13-7. Does Limestone fall out of the top 20 with the loss?
I would put them maybe at 20. But they probably fall out. Limestone has a disappointing season, to say the least. They need to win out I think if they want to keep their place to compete in SAC Tourney. It's the first 4 teams correct for the SAC tournament?
Top six:

https://thesac.com/tournaments/lax/2020 ... racket.pdf

They need at least the #4 spot to host a home quarterfinal, with seeds #1, #2 getting byes to semis (last two games at LR this year).
1. Lenoir-Rhyne 6-0 8-0
2. Wingate 6-1 8-1
3. Queens 5-1 5-3
4. Limestone 4-3 5-3
5. Newberry 3-3 4-4
Catawba 3-3 4-5
Potential LImestone vs LR matchup again? :shock: :shock:
Stone still has to play Queens in this top group. Newberry has the tiebreaker over Stone, but Stone the tiebreaker over Catawba.

Remaining conference games:

Stone - @Anderson, Queens, @Coker
Catawba - @Mars Hill, Coker, @Tusculum, Queens
Newberry - @Wingate, Anderson, @Mars Hill, LMU

Not sure any of the three can win out, but the big upset over Queens/Wingate for any of the three would bode well for getting the #4 seed and being one of the quarterfinal hosts.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

If the Clarke to Tampa rumors are true, who does Limestone hire as their new skipper?

An Alum
Barrett?
Ward?
Gartelman?
Wims?

Poach an up and comer
Cotter at Newberry?
Perruzzi at Lewis?
Kelley at Rockhurst?

I think the smart hire would be to bring back Storrier. I felt that the Canadian pipeline has been shutoff since he left. He did help bring in those dominant classes in the mid 2010's.

I know it hasn't worked out very well at Mars Hill, but he's fighting an uphill battle.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Im sure it will attract it's fair share of candidates, but is Limestone a "destination " job for some of the alum who are coaching elsewhere :?:

Why make that move (back) to Gaffney if you are set up nicely elsewhere (except maybe Storrier)
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Leland Rogers from Cuse?
MarloStanfield09

Post by MarloStanfield09 »

D2fan wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:05 pm If the Clarke to Tampa rumors are true, who does Limestone hire as their new skipper?

An Alum
Barrett?
Ward?
Gartelman?
Wims?

Poach an up and comer
Cotter at Newberry?
Perruzzi at Lewis?
Kelley at Rockhurst?

I think the smart hire would be to bring back Storrier. I felt that the Canadian pipeline has been shutoff since he left. He did help bring in those dominant classes in the mid 2010's.

I know it hasn't worked out very well at Mars Hill, but he's fighting an uphill battle.

Perruzzi and Cotter are considered up and comers????? :lol: :lol: :lol: D2 Lacrosse a mess if so......

Ya'll done lost your mind with that one - Barrett a good fit as he's right up the road. Storrier also solid as he knows the drill....Kennedy could also be resurrected through all this and jump on staff again?? It'll be a power hire if not an alum - they always hire good hard working assistants underneath figurehead type coaches.
"You want it to be one way........ but it's the other way........."
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

If the JB rumors are true, and he is the next HC at Tampa, would he look to hire an AC from one of the SSC teams who know the landscape?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:32 am If the JB rumors are true, and he is the next HC at Tampa, would he look to hire an AC from one of the SSC teams who know the landscape?
The rumors are true. Just waiting on UT to run the announcement as far as I can tell.

The real question is whether he keeps any of the current staff.

As far as the next HC for the Saints, remember that when AD Cerino stepped down as head lax coach to concentrate on AD duties, he brought in JB as an outsider (and who had been recently separated from Washington College). I suspect the search will not be limited to alumni or recent assistants.
SouthernLaxGenius

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:07 am
The real question is whether he keeps any of the current staff.
Sullivan has a (slim) chance I believe.

Everyone else, not so much :?:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

https://golimestonesaints.com/news/202 ... coach.aspx

Article from Limestone on Clarke leaving.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

I think they go one of 3 routes...

Barrett from Belmont Abbey makes a lot of sense. Have heard he was a finalist for the Tampa job. Has been very successful at Belmont Abbey and is a Limestone alum.

Storrier from Mars Hill wouldn't wow people but also makes sense. Former assistant under Clarke who won a couple of national titles and was the assistant coach of the year. Has not had success yet at Mars Hill but they are not in a good spot athletically and financially as a university. Limestone alum.

Reisman promoted. I've heard nothing but great reviews on Reisman as a young assistant at both Tampa and Limestone. Supposed to be a great recruiter. Young, and lacks experience, but maybe Stone looks to hire a coach who they think can be there for 30 years.

Think this is a very important hire for Limestone. Feels like the program has come to a crossroads for their future. Used to be the dominant team in the south, but haven't made 2 of the last 3 NCAA tournaments (2018 and 2021). Used to get their picks of kids in the south and kids from up north wanting warmer weather. Now have to compete with Wingate, Tampa, LR and others in the south who all have better academic profiles. They do have history and an administration that want to win. Big choice coming up for them.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Online press conference stream from a few days ago:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/lime ... Type=video
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Stone will be looking to fill an AC hole as Chris Fisher returns to his alma mater…

https://redstormsports.com/news/2021/8 ... staff.aspx
SouthernLaxGenius

Glad to see Reisman still listed on the web.

Finding coaches (assistant, head and volunteer) to fill some of these positions has been tough this past year/summer

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”