FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:21 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:17 am I think Auth and Carter and Nicolai are very good players.
I agree with you about Quinnie, and I know you know why. :lol:
God, you are SUCH a homer. Love that.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The first time I saw her in sixth grade I knew she was going to be really good. That’s not to say I have any special observational skills, she was just that good. Another player who knocked me over the first time I saw her was Michelle Tumolo. Ninth or tenth grade. Again, anyone with a pulse could see she was a great player.
njbill

Post by njbill »

And, yes, I am a homer. Proudly so. :lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Polls due at midnight. I have submissions from:

LaxDad23
LaxGuy17
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LaxDad23

Post by LaxDad23 »

Let's hope Cuse v stony brook doesn't upset my picks.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:19 pm Polls due at midnight. I have submissions from:

LaxDad23
LaxGuy17
I will be submitting mine very shortly after the conclusion of the Syracuse/Stony Brook tilt.

By the way, should we be counting this game as part of our polls, or should we have this game tonight count toward next weeks poll? What are the parameters? Should our polls reflect games completed up through Sunday only?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I think all games through Monday midnight. Use what you've got, share what you know.
Caddy Day
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:19 pm I think all games through Monday midnight. Use what you've got, share what you know.
Good deal.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I just submitted mine. And I am popping out for some Pepcid AC for all the crow I expect to eat.

My top four remain:

1. UNC
2. Syracuse
3. Northwestern
4. Maryland

We'll find out about my first plate of crow tonight in the Carrier Dome. As I've said elsewhere, I think Maryland needs to play a team that can play offense before we can know much about the Terps. Maryland lost a lot of draws; do that against Northwestern and you're toast. But they won, so they stay in the top four.

Rounding out the top 10, I have this:

5. Notre Dame (trounced Marquette at home, so...)
6. Virginia (yeah, I know, but they won....)
7. Penn (has yet to play)
8. Princeton (has yet to play)
9. Loyola (has yet to play)
10. Michigan.

I gotta say: I was wicked underwhelmed by Michigan this weekend. And think that Navy may be better.

Next ten:

11. Denver (took care of business, but I think Stanford should improve over the course of a season)
12. Navy (sorry I forgot about the Mids last week)
13. SBU (I think tonight's game will be a 3-5 goal win by Syracuse, but Joe's teams are always tough, alway have the chip on the shoulder...)
14. Florida (beat Colorado, and I have no idea how good Colorado is)
15. BC (missing Arsenault, but then, who wouldn't?)
16. Stanford
17. Colorado (lost to Florida and I have no idea how good FLorida is)
18. JMU
19. JHU (squeaked past Drexel, so, well, you know.....)
20. Penn State

So, "what about UMass?" you might be saying....
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm I just submitted mine. And I am popping out for some Pepcid AC for all the crow I expect to eat.

My top four remain:

1. UNC
2. Syracuse
3. Northwestern
4. Maryland

We'll find out about my first plate of crow tonight in the Carrier Dome. As I've said elsewhere, I think Maryland needs to play a team that can play offense before we can know much about the Terps. Maryland lost a lot of draws; do that against Northwestern and you're toast. But they won, so they stay in the top four.

Rounding out the top 10, I have this:

5. Notre Dame (trounced Marquette at home, so...)
6. Virginia (yeah, I know, but they won....)
7. Penn (has yet to play)
8. Princeton (has yet to play)
9. Loyola (has yet to play)
10. Michigan.

I gotta say: I was wicked underwhelmed by Michigan this weekend. And think that Navy may be better.

Next ten:

11. Denver (took care of business, but I think Stanford should improve over the course of a season)
12. Navy (sorry I forgot about the Mids last week)
13. SBU (I think tonight's game will be a 3-5 goal win by Syracuse, but Joe's teams are always tough, alway have the chip on the shoulder...)
14. Florida (beat Colorado, and I have no idea how good Colorado is)
15. BC (missing Arsenault, but then, who wouldn't?)
16. Stanford
17. Colorado (lost to Florida and I have no idea how good FLorida is)
18. JMU
19. JHU (squeaked past Drexel, so, well, you know.....)
20. Penn State

So, "what about UMass?" you might be saying....
Great post and amusing break down too ;)
Agree with all but would flip flop Denver with Michigan
Can’t wait for SB game tonight . Feel like SB will struggle with draw and also think Syr will win by 3-5.
Also Navy wins with more input from Larkin. Not sure what happened with her she never seemed to get involved.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Lax247 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:51 pm
Also Navy wins with more input from Larkin. Not sure what happened with her she never seemed to get involved.
Navy wins if they didnt miss open shots or hit pipes....I joke....Yes, you are correct...that game was very un-Kelly like. 1 Point? She averaged 5.76 P a game last year.....
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:58 pm
Navy wins if they didnt miss open shots or hit pipes....I joke....Yes, you are correct...that game was very un-Kelly like. 1 Point? She averaged 5.76 P a game last year.....
Agree Navy wins if Larkin does more. UVA defender Stihlo did a nice job containing first dodge and I was surprised Larkin didn’t redodge hardly at all. At the end of the game it was curious she didn’t demand the ball. First time I have seen her not dominate. Expect that to change in future games. I like the way she plays.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Was there a faceguard in place? What would you attribute her lack of production to if you had to guess?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LaxDad23 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 pm Let's hope Cuse v stony brook doesn't upset my picks.
What were your picks? C'mon LaxDad--don't be a tease! 😉
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

wlaxnut wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 pm
Was there a faceguard in place? What would you attribute her lack of production to if you had to guess?
No faceguard. See my other post.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:15 pm
Agree Navy wins if Larkin does more. UVA defender Stihlo did a nice job containing first dodge and I was surprised Larkin didn’t redodge hardly at all. At the end of the game it was curious she didn’t demand the ball. First time I have seen her not dominate. Expect that to change in future games. I like the way she plays.
yes it is curious. She normally bounces off the contact of the first dodge and rockers/redodges on that crease roll. Even when pushed out to the alley, she still tends to cross the face of the goalie and score....on another note, N. Irwin seemed to step up offensively more than I have seen since she was at Ireton. She and Victory will need to take the pressure off Kelly.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm Maryland lost a lot of draws; do that against Northwestern and you're toast.
We may have a Nostradamus in our midst...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Submitted week one poll. For those of you who gave me c%@p about Princeton...I listened...they are now #4 in my poll :o :oops: :evil:

[edit] also, please note I submitted this poll prior to the game tonight...
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

1 - Maryland — As I wrote previously, until someone beats them, out of principle, the Champs stay #1
2 - Northwestern — Strong win on the road at ranked Duke. This team looks awfully fearsome early on in the young season.
3 - UNC — Good road win over ranked JMU
4 - Notre Dame — The Irish demolished Marquette, and my oh my, the talent on this team!
5 - Stony Brook — Huge win over Syracuse makes them a team to be wary of.
6 - Princeton — Did not play
7 - Virginia — They beat ranked Navy on the road so I’ll bump them up to a more reasonable position.
8 - Syracuse — Crushing loss to Stony Brook. They looked like anything but a contender for Championship Weekend here.
9 - Michigan — Come from behind win on the road over a team looking for revenge.
10 - Loyola — Did not play
11 - Navy — Good fight. Many said they should have won, including the coach for Virginia.
12 - Penn — Did not play
13 - UMass — Very impressive physically aggressive win over over-matched, under-sized BC
14 - Florida — Came from behind to beat a tough Colorado team at home
15 - Duke — Kept fighting in defeat against powerhouse Northwestern. This is a very talented team.
16 - USC — Solid come from behind win at Hofstra
17 - BC — Lost to Umass on the road. The Minutewomen dominated through much of the game, in spite of the final score.
18 - Denver — Beat Stanford at home
19 - Dartmouth — Did not play
20 - Penn State — Solid road win at Towson
21 - Georgetown — Beat St. Joseph’s
22 - JMU — Lost to UNC
23 - Colorado — Played Florida tough on the road
24 - VT — Beat Davidson
25 - Hofstra — Lost a tough one to ranked USC
Last edited by wlaxnut on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LaxDad23 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:07 pm Let's hope Cuse v stony brook doesn't upset my picks.
Re-do...
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”