Yale 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Lax3

Re: Yale 2020

Post by Lax3 »

Someone wants to take a whack at Gaudet for his mouth - fine. He knew it was coming and was ready for it. The PLLL podcast on Spotify has a good interview with him where he takes full responsibility for his chirping. What Epple did, however, was over the edge. Give him a few whacks, fine, but driving his head into the ground while he was lying there earned him the one-game suspension. As the last poster noted, not the first time for Epple and will not be the last. A cheap shot artist doesn't change his stripes.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DaneFan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:51 am I witnessed the Gaudet show for 5-6 years, and having played a different sport in college and a son who plays I have seen and heard my fair share of chirping and probably participated in some along the way as well. There is chirping and then there is disrespect, and it happens in every sport, but when I see a high school or college player slow walking the sideline and telling the opposing coach to F' off then that is way beyond chirping.

I saw a current professional player, and coach chirping teenage kids about not being committed. Lacrosse has a broader problem IMO. I am not saying we have to all hold hands and sing kumbaya, and that players can't get fired up, but over my years of being around the sport I have seen way too much over the line behavior in relation to what the game is supposed to be about.

I want to add IMHO this is less about Gaudet per se, but more about the bizarre culture and behavior from many parents, coaches, and players that is allowed to permeate the sport.
+100.
it's garbage in too many places. to refs. coach to player. fans. everybody's a tough guy.
people have seen too many football shows.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Ben Reeves received a $10,000 NCAA post-graduate scholarship; he is an MD/PhD candidate in the Yale School of Medicine's Department of Neurosurgery. https://yalebulldogs.com/news/2020/7/15 ... rship.aspx
I drove by Reese (and the Yale Bowl) today, first time in the area since May 2019 for the game against Georgetown... seemed empty, but well, there was still some lousy traffic in the area (sigh, the joys of CT).
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

I'm sure it was worth the penalty and the fine to take Gaudet out a little bit, if you're an endless chirper you have to expect to get what he got once in a while. D is all about team and goaltender, been that way forever
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

I get that Gaudet opened his mouth too much at the beginning of the PLL playoffs, but the refs have done a crappy job with the cheap shots that he has received. The cheapshot that he received tonight was 2-3 seconds after the ball went into the net. Enough is enough, whether he is a Yale player or not.

https://twitter.com/PLLChrome/status/12 ... 43744?s=20
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Lax3 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm I get that Gaudet opened his mouth too much at the beginning of the PLL playoffs, but the refs have done a crappy job with the cheap shots that he has received. The cheapshot that he received tonight was 2-3 seconds after the ball went into the net. Enough is enough, whether he is a Yale player or not.

https://twitter.com/PLLChrome/status/12 ... 43744?s=20
That is absolutely disgusting. Multi-game ban. That is cowardly crap
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Lots of attention on Gaudet... but Yale class of 2017 Eric Scott is a first-line midfielder for Chaos... terrific outside shooter for Yale, ended up as the cream of the 2017 class.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Tyler Warner starts medical school at Harvard on Monday and then wins the PLL Championship on Sunday - not a bad week!
KPRSLacrosse

Post by KPRSLacrosse »

I think factoring in that Starr will be coming back (and maybe have an extra year of eligibility?) as a back stop is big. I know sometimes keepers don't always age well when they have early success, but I think that title game experience in two seasons is nothing to rule out
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Yes, having Starr back, with All America Fake (who has started every game in 2018 onward) in front of him, plus tough SSDM Eschbach, should be the basis of a solid defense. Still, I think 2020 would have been The Year for Yale and other Ivies... but right now I'm not particularly optimistic that there will be a 2021 season... or if there is one, that spectators would be allowed to attend in person. We shall see.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I was expecting to see more of Patrick Hackler during that too-short 2020 season. I didn't realize he'd played against Michigan, but was forced to use a different jersey number.

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolspor ... -yale.html

"Hackler said he has decided to take a leave of absence from that school in the fall semester. The Ivy League is one of several conferences across the country to postpone athletics until at least the spring semester.

If lacrosse resumes in the spring, Hackler said he’ll return then to play. If not, he said he’s prepared to sit out this whole academic year and come back in the fall of 2021."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:43 pm I was expecting to see more of Patrick Hackler during that too-short 2020 season. I didn't realize he'd played against Michigan, but was forced to use a different jersey number.

https://www.syracuse.com/highschoolspor ... -yale.html

"Hackler said he has decided to take a leave of absence from that school in the fall semester. The Ivy League is one of several conferences across the country to postpone athletics until at least the spring semester.

If lacrosse resumes in the spring, Hackler said he’ll return then to play. If not, he said he’s prepared to sit out this whole academic year and come back in the fall of 2021."
I like him. Best of luck to all of those kids. It’s not easy.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/pro/pll/5 ... -teammates

Mark Glicini has made a terrific name for himself in pro lacrosse. In this article, he talks about his five all-time teammates. All named are professional teammates, with no Yale teammates getting a shout. Still, the article gives insight into Glicini, Yale class of 2016, who in 2016 was SSDM in a rope unit that also included SSDM Ty Warner and LSM Robert Mooney.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”