~46~ President Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:49 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:18 am "The correct method for crossing the border from Potsdam is - drive to Massena, then cross at Cornwall (stop at Mohwak rez to get a wooden lacrosse stick); load up the vehicle with duty free liquor after crossing. Proceed down 401 highway southwest to Johnstown ON and cross back into the USA at Ogdensburg claiming to be returning tourists (or better yet if in Winter borrow skis and rack, place on your car roof and say you went skiing). Back to Potsdam through Canton. Unload liquor for party and enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Is this from the omnibus SUNY-Potsdam/St. Lawrence University Freshman Orientation Package?
Never read either of those. Can confirm it wasn't in the Clarkson packet, though. My sources were/are all word of mouth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't remember much of the run across the border for cases of Schooner Lager, but on my first CU hockey North Country road trip to visit my high school bestfriend at Clarkson in 1984, his roommate argued with border staff about a loaf of cheesebread he was bringing back into the US. They wanted him to throw it out; but he sat there and ate it instead. Someone else got in trouble for public urination at the same stop...

Otherwise, I have never had any issues crossing that border for my 50+ years. Guess I, or my family, don't match a "profile"...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:41 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:26 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am Crossing at Niagara Falls or a major th roof are isn’t the same as the rest of the border. Conflating two wildly different things. Getting over from Potsdam ain’t that hard.
The correct method for crossing the border from Potsdam is - drive to Massena, then cross at Cornwall (stop at Mohwak rez to get a wooden lacrosse stick); load up the vehicle with duty free liquor after crossing. Proceed down 401 highway southwest to Johnstown ON and cross back into the USA at Ogdensburg claiming to be returning tourists (or better yet if in Winter borrow skis and rack, place on your car roof and say you went skiing). Back to Potsdam through Canton. Unload liquor for party and enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My sister went there, SUNY Potsdam (played women’s hockey, wasn’t tough and was tiny but a figure skater in HS) ages ago. My dumb cousin was visiting, went to Canada when you had that 18/21 delta on legal age, and asked for import only to get a Bud light. (This was like 86 or 87, I was single digit aged but the story never dies). Their sorority house could be hit by a thrown rock from across the border I believe.
You have to know your liquor and what the booze rules in Canada are. Also need to pay CASH for anything you buy in Canada thus stop at currency exchange adjacent to duty-free location. Don't ask for any receipts. If you get one, shred it and drop in the trash can on your way out of each location. My experience preceded the age differential. Also discovered that not a good idea to drive to Quebec with studded snow tires (which are illegal in Canada) while martial law is in effect. :oops:
Shared with my sister and her reply...

🤦🏼‍♀️resonates deeply. Where did you see this?
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 12, 2023, at 12:40 PM, > wrote:

Figured your Potsdam days youd appreciate this

"The correct method for crossing the border from Potsdam is - drive to Massena, then cross at Cornwall (stop at Mohwak rez to get a wooden lacrosse stick); load up the vehicle with duty free liquor after crossing. Proceed down 401 highway southwest to Johnstown ON and cross back into the USA at Ogdensburg claiming to be returning tourists (or better yet if in Winter borrow skis and rack, place on your car roof and say you went skiing). Back to Potsdam through Canton. Unload liquor for party and enjoy. "
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:52 am Crossing at Niagara Falls or a major th roof are isn’t the same as the rest of the border. Conflating two wildly different things. Getting over from Potsdam ain’t that hard.
The correct method for crossing the border from Potsdam is - drive to Massena, then cross at Cornwall (stop at Mohwak rez to get a wooden lacrosse stick); load up the vehicle with duty free liquor after crossing. Proceed down 401 highway southwest to Johnstown ON and cross back into the USA at Ogdensburg claiming to be returning tourists (or better yet if in Winter borrow skis and rack, place on your car roof and say you went skiing). Back to Potsdam through Canton. Unload liquor for party and enjoy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My sister went there, SUNY Potsdam (played women’s hockey, wasn’t tough and was tiny but a figure skater in HS) ages ago. My dumb cousin was visiting, went to Canada when you had that 18/21 delta on legal age, and asked for import only to get a Bud light. (This was like 86 or 87, I was single digit aged but the story never dies). Their sorority house could be hit by a thrown rock from across the border I believe.
You have to know your liquor and what the booze rules in Canada are. Also need to pay CASH for anything you buy in Canada thus stop at currency exchange adjacent to duty-free location. Don't ask for any receipts. If you get one, shred it and drop in the trash can on your way out of each location. My experience preceded the age differential. Also discovered that not a good idea to drive to Quebec with studded snow tires (which are illegal in Canada) while martial law is in effect. :oops:

Sent from my iPhone

"The correct method for crossing the border from Potsdam is - drive to Massena, then cross at Cornwall (stop at Mohwak rez to get a wooden lacrosse stick); load up the vehicle with duty free liquor after crossing. Proceed down 401 highway southwest to Johnstown ON and cross back into the USA at Ogdensburg claiming to be returning tourists (or better yet if in Winter borrow skis and rack, place on your car roof and say you went skiing). Back to Potsdam through Canton. Unload liquor for party and enjoy. "
Thx. Tell your sister more Potsdam trivia - Wes Craven served as a professor of Humanities at Clarkson in 1968. His masterpiece - Nightmare on Elm Street was conceived originally while in Potsdam - in fact the REAL Elm Street ran right past the main academic building at Clarkson when the campus was located downtown.

BTW also might mention that if you were going to cross the border for only BEER back then - that you'd, at least drive that distance and go for Carling O'Keefe's, Molson Golden (not export) or LaBatts. :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:20 pm

Sent from my iPhone

Thx. Tell your sister more Potsdam trivia - Wes Craven served as a professor of Humanities at Clarkson in 1968. His masterpiece - Nightmare on Elm Street was conceived originally while in Potsdam - in fact the REAL Elm Street ran right past the main academic building at Clarkson when the campus was located downtown.
Will do. I love Freddie Krueger! Always enjoyed his work!

As a kid my age you don’t understand how big the debate was…Jason would’ve lost 100/100 times

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_vs._Jason
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:30 pm

As a kid my age you don’t understand how big the debate was…Jason would’ve lost 100/100 times

Yet another thing we agree about!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:30 pm

Yet another thing we agree about!
A man should enjoy his work!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zwfV7O5a8
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The truth about Joe Biden’s toxic docs? That’s classified!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/joe ... docudrama/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

$14 Billion for Israel’s Genocidal War: How Biden is Losing Key Voters for 2024

Biden losing support among blacks and leftists because he has joined with the warfare state in supporting needless military incursions and wars overseas:

He has now made these colonialist actions his top priorities. Note the many comments made which condemn his stupid decision to sell out to the warmongers

Biden has definitely lost my vote. I was never enthused about voting for him in the first place but I cannot vote for someone who’s supporting and funding such horrifying acts. And it’s not just him, my senators and rep have also lost my vote and I actually liked one of them. I’ll go out and vote for local elections but I refuse to cast my vote for such cowardly, hateful people

How disgusting and barbaric. There's no way in hell I'll be voting for Biden.

I won't vote Biden

Biden has clearly opened the door wide for tRump and other far right wingnuts. Based on his idiotic actions, it would not surprise me in the least if RepubliCONs win back the White Wash House and Senate.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Those right wingnuts love Israel even harder. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Great job getting Trump elected from jail if you're remotely correct Brooklyn :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Yeah it's true that many people are convinced tRump is heading straight to jail. But I am not convinced of this. So far, members of his cabal who have been convicted have all gotten light taps on the wrist and big kisses on the butt as sentences. None are spending any time in jail as basically they are getting suspended sentences. Many Democrats on youtube are gloating while tRump continues to flap his gums and defying the judge by saying what a non entity she is. His non stop mouth continues spewing garbage unabated while the judge remains intimidated by all the excretia he spews. It's not me who is getting tRump back in the White Wash House. It's Biden who's doing a splendid job of reopening the door for that scoundrel.

Luckily (for now) the economy is good. But if it tanks because of the wars or some other unforeseen event, Uncle Joe is gonna lose support from more Dems. tRump supporters will be only too happy to see that happen.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Biden opens the door even wider for the onset of Armageddon:

Joe Biden Sends ‘War Powers Act’ to Congress

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/jo ... 66d9&ei=22

In a letter presented to Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson and Democratic Senate President Pro Tempore Patty Murray, President Joe Biden has sought to satisfy the conditions of the War Powers Act, which requires the President to seek the consultation of members of Congress regarding military action.

The letter comes as Biden responds to Iranian terrorist groups’ attacks on American military personnel in the Middle East.

In it, Biden claims that the Iranian-back Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps are guilty for the attacks, and notes the strikes he commanded against IRGC facilities as a response.

“I directed the strikes in order to protect and defend our personnel, to degrade and disrupt the ongoing series of attacks against the United States and our partners, and to deter Iran and Iran-backed militia groups from conducting or supporting further attacks on United States personnel and facilities,” the letter reads.
Biden has received backlash since his acknowledgement of the attacks, as the President has consistently coddled Tehran since taking office, now reacting to the nation’s history of terrorism only as it impacts American troops directly.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu invoked the historical fight between the Israelites and the tribe of Amalek to emphasize his nation’s determination to stand against Hamas terrorists.

Netanyahu referenced the biblical account of Amalek attacking the Israelites after their liberation from Egypt.

“You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible. We do remember and we are fighting,” Netanyahu said.

“Our brave troops and combatants who are now in Gaza or around Gaza and in all other regions in Israel are joining this chain of Jewish heroes, a chain that has started 3,000 years ago from Joshua ben Nun until the heroes of 1948, the Six-Day War, the ’73 October War and all other wars in this country,” he said.

“Our hero troops have one supreme main goal, to completely defeat the murderous enemy and to guarantee our existence in this country. We’ve always said never again. Never again is now,” Netanyahu said.

He compared the current conflict with Hamas to the ongoing struggle against those who attack the most vulnerable, such as the Nazis.

Netanyahu clarified that he was not calling for genocide but rather fighting against those who target innocent civilians.

He rejected calls for a cease-fire, stating that Israel would continue to stand against barbarism until victory.

Netanyahu declaring invasion: "You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible"

1 Samuel 15:3

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass".

Netanyahu openly calls for genocide without a word of criticism from anybody.

If Biden really wants to protect Americans lives, all he has to do is to order all Americans out of the area. The USA has absolutely no interests there. Only those who seek war profits want further expansion of the conflicts. You know the old story ~ profits before people.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More Biden bidness.

Hunter has 9 charges of tax evasion.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/0 ... s-00130770

Now it comes out that Ashley owes $5,000 in income taxes dating back to 2015, according to a recent tax lien.
The Pennsylvania Department of Revenue informed Ms. Ashley that a tax lien had been imposed on her property.

a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:40 pm More Biden bidness.

Hunter has 9 charges of tax evasion.
What's your point here? You telling the Forum that Hunter is now appealing to you as a Republican Candidate for POTUS now that he's been indicted by your Deep State?

You and I know that the only crime Hunter committed in your eyes is that he's a Democrat.

If he was a Republican? You wouldn't even notice this case, Kram.

And certainly wouldn't comment. It's a bummer, Kram.
kramerica.inc

Re: ~46~ President Biden ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

Aah, you found another one of my test balloons! Your response is interesting. Especially because you also like to compare sides/responses/ behavior.

Oddly, we haven't heard the same level of outcry and nastiness for actual Biden family actions that we've heard about trump and his family's perceived behavior for the past 6 years on here...

The "grifting trumps." I remember Donald bragging about paying as little taxes as legally possible. Democrats here went nuts. Ok. Fair game. I just don't remember his kids getting in the action of skipping taxes all together. Did I miss it? Quite possible.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:38 am The "grifting trumps." I remember Donald bragging about paying as little taxes as legally possible. Democrats here went nuts. Ok. Fair game. I just don't remember his kids getting in the action of skipping taxes all together. Did I miss it? Quite possible.
You wanna know the difference? Everyone here critical of Trump's tax issues have also said Hunter should pay (and he has) the taxes he owed. And that he should be appropriately punished if he broke the law.

The other side would claim a deep state conspiracy if the roles were flipped.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:03 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:38 am The "grifting trumps." I remember Donald bragging about paying as little taxes as legally possible. Democrats here went nuts. Ok. Fair game. I just don't remember his kids getting in the action of skipping taxes all together. Did I miss it? Quite possible.
You wanna know the difference? Everyone here critical of Trump's tax issues have also said Hunter should pay (and he has) the taxes he owed. And that he should be appropriately punished if he broke the law.

Maybe. But in this instance, Trump had a "good tax guy." That's not against the law. Until it is.

I wonder, do the democrats who post here pay more taxes than they should? How do they decide what is "fair" when the tax code can be interpreted or used in different ways? Do democrats here run their taxes multiple ways and pick the one that makes them pay the most each year?

My in laws are staunch libs. And moved to Florida to pay less taxes and avoid the MD taxes in retirement. I couldn't figure out why. I thought democrats liked taxes? I guess they just like taxes on others and those dastardly corporations!
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:03 am

That's precisely it.

EVERYONE here wants Hunter to get hit with whatever laws he broke. All of us. He should have already served his freaking time if they treated him like every other defendant. It's been SIX YEARS since the investigation started, and even longer than that that he committed his crimes. And yet they are STILL "investigating".

You and the board's R's, on the other hand, have every excuse in the book as to why any politician with a R by their name not only shouldn't have to follow laws.....you and your crew argued that they shouldn't even be INVESTIGATED. That's how far gone your party is, Kram.

Response? I'd love to hear one.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:21 am
My in laws are staunch libs. And moved to Florida to pay less taxes and avoid the MD taxes in retirement. I couldn't figure out why. I thought democrats liked taxes? I guess they just like taxes on others and those dastardly corporations!
Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?

Answer: because you LOVE Big Government services, and the good jobs that come with all that Federal spending, and don't want to admit it.

Your party is full of it. How much bigger did Trump make the Federal Government in his four years, Kram?

And did you come on here even once to complain about it? Nope. Why? Because you love Big Government services, don't want to pay for it, and don't notice government gets bigger when the R's are in charge....so you vote R, knowing that they'll just borrow the money, and hand it to you free of charge.

Meanwhile, do you have any clue how much we're paying in interest on our debt this year because you and your fellow Republicans don't want to pay for what the .gov gives you?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am
Then why do you and all the rest of the R's on this board live in the high tax States of the Eastern Seaboard?

Answer: because you LOVE Big Government services, and the good jobs that come with all that Federal spending, and don't want to admit it.

Your party is full of it. How much bigger did Trump make the Federal Government in his four years, Kram?

And did you come on here even once to complain about it? Nope. Why? Because you love Big Government services, don't want to pay for it, and don't notice government gets bigger when the R's are in charge....so you vote R, knowing that they'll just borrow the money, and hand it to you free of charge.

Meanwhile, do you have any clue how much we're paying in interest on our debt this year because you and your fellow Republicans don't want to pay for what the .gov gives you?
Family is the only reason I'm here. Fortunately, I'm in a very well-run, red county, that kind of offsets the blue state stupidity. With the kids headed down the home stretch, we are already looking for the next locale. I can literally do my job from anywhere in the US.

My household is an asset to the .gov and responsible for contributing upwards of $100K of tax money/savings per year from income, sales, property, capital gains and private school tuition. I'm cool with all that we are contributing to the .gov.

Criticize me if you want, I personally think military spending is incredibly important. That money actually has multiple benefits to the US and it's people. Can't say the same for all spending. Especially not the billions going overseas.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:26 am

Family is the only reason I'm here.
And why are they there: that's right, access to jobs, and big government services, and the economic largesse that comes with having the Federal Capitol down the road.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Fortunately, I'm in a very well-run, red county, that kind of offsets the blue state stupidity. With the kids headed down the home stretch, we are already looking for the next locale. I can literally do my job from anywhere in the US.
But you're still feeding at the Federal trough...while complaining about government. I don't get it. You're literally telling me that you want Big Government for you and your family....and don't want anyone else to enjoy this deal. Help me understand this view, because I don't get it.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am My household is an asset to the .gov and responsible for contributing upwards of $100K of tax money/savings per year from income, sales, property, capital gains and private school tuition. I'm cool with all that we are contributing to the .gov.
And my household is a far greater asset to the .gov that contributes MILLIONS in tax money per year (at all levels).....and it's generated in a largely free market.

You have told me you're a Federal Contractor. So every penny you get comes from my taxes, Kram. Which is great, and I'm proud to pay my taxes. No only am I pleased that my tax dollars goes to you and your family, I'm proud to have funded Old Salt's education and his entire career.

But you have to explain to me: why am I pro-Big Government, and you are anti-Big Government?

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Criticize me if you want
I'm criticizing your obvious hypocrisy. You're plenty smart enough to know you being hypocritical to take money from Big Government, and then tell me that you don't like Big Government.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am I personally think military spending is incredibly important. That money actually has multiple benefits to the US and it's people.
I agree completely! Remember: I'm pro Big Government.

You are the one who needs to explain to yourself that Big Government is good.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:50 am Can't say the same for all spending.
Most Federal spending has an ROI, Kram. Surely you know this.

And yes, shipping money overseas does NOT have an ROI. I'd be delighted to end that practice.

Return to “POLITICS”