Maryland 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by Cooter »

Another St.Mary's player to join 2020 recruit Alex Wicks.
Wes Schmidt has only been playing goalie for a year or so, so he would seem to have a lot of potential.

Are you sure that #27 isn't A.DeMaio?
I really haven't seen too much of A.DeMaio without his helmet on.
I have my laptop now, and it is much clearer on the 7th guy from the right in the first photo, it does look like N.DeMaio's roster photo. But the size fits more with A.DeMaio.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

In today’s photo from the alumni game I believe A DeMaio is center bottom row behind Finn. I agree the size is throwing me off. But it was the guy with #27 that played Attack.
I feel N DeMaio height is not correct. Saw a picture from May of the brothers standing next to each other’s and their height looks to about the same.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:34 pm In today’s photo from the alumni game I believe A DeMaio is center bottom row behind Finn. I agree the size is throwing me off. But it was the guy with #27 that played Attack.
I feel N DeMaio height is not correct. Saw a picture from May of the brothers standing next to each other’s and their height looks to about the same.
Agreed. You are probably on the money.
Live Free or Die!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

nick demaio is 27 in the photo.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 pm nick demaio is 27 in the photo.
I think we had ironed that out.
The problem being that last Spring's roster listed N.DeMaio at 6'2", whereas he is perhaps a few inches shy of that.
While one does not want to put too much value on an alumni scrimmage, it does seem like a plus to have N.DeMaio score 4 goals as the Terps seek to find a replacement for Dubick.
Live Free or Die!
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Not that it’s a final decision on N DeMaio but were there any true frosh that stood out on offense during the alumni game? What about some sophs on 2nd mid line?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

I couldn’t make out the new guys. To much of a guessing game
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Projected 2020
Jan 18 Vermont Home scrimmage
Georgetown scrimmage
Feb 22 Navy Home

PSU Away
Michigan away
Rutgers Home
Apr 18 OHU Home
Hopkins away

On schedule but not in this order
Richmond
Penn
Villanova
ND
Virginia home
UNC
Albany
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Cooter wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 pm nick demaio is 27 in the photo.
I think we had ironed that out.
The problem being that last Spring's roster listed N.DeMaio at 6'2", whereas he is perhaps a few inches shy of that.
While one does not want to put too much value on an alumni scrimmage, it does seem like a plus to have N.DeMaio score 4 goals as the Terps seek to find a replacement for Dubick.
Anthony is 5'8"-ish. He's put on some upper body bulk over the offseason. Nick is 5'11"-ish. He has a thicker body type than Anthony.

Sawyer, who has drawn some high praise in the program (as has Calderone), really understands space and finding cracks in the defense. The downside is that he's really thin. Nick would hold up a lot better against the physical teams that the Terps play. Sawyer might just fill that Dubick EMO role for a year or two while he adds strength.

The search for the 3rd attackman, IMO, isn't as pressing as filling out that 2nd midfield line. Don't be surprised to see Bubba fully embrace the Connor Kelly "don't leave the field" position. When the first line of midfield is in, he'll be up top. When the second line of midfield is on, he'll stay at attack with an open set offense. Just a guess but Tills and Rep probably want him on the field as much as Jared and Logan are on the field.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

New commitment from IL
IL's No. 92 junior Braden Erksa '21, A, Lassiter (Ga.) / @ThunderLB3 has committed to @TerpsMLAX. Standing out at a number of summer events, Erksa is a quick & crafty dodger who shoots it exceptionally well

Last edited by AreaLax on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Wheels wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:45 pm

The search for the 3rd attackman, IMO, isn't as pressing as filling out that 2nd midfield line. Don't be surprised to see Bubba fully embrace the Connor Kelly "don't leave the field" position. When the first line of midfield is in, he'll be up top. When the second line of midfield is on, he'll stay at attack with an open set offense. Just a guess but Tills and Rep probably want him on the field as much as Jared and Logan are on the field.
I agree with you about Bubba role. It’s not what I saw Saturday. But now is the time to test kids out.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Whoever gets row boat back by dawn has edge on position
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Wheels wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:45 pm The search for the 3rd attackman, IMO, isn't as pressing as filling out that 2nd midfield line. Don't be surprised to see Bubba fully embrace the Connor Kelly "don't leave the field" position. When the first line of midfield is in, he'll be up top. When the second line of midfield is on, he'll stay at attack with an open set offense. Just a guess but Tills and Rep probably want him on the field as much as Jared and Logan are on the field.
I disagree I think finding a quality 6th man is more important. Finding a talented 6th man puts pressure on both opponent's ssdms (sometimes one isn't too strong). Further, it makes the other team pay for sliding. Usually if you find a talented first 6, the offense explodes.

I am hoping Bubba stays as a 2-way midfielder. Bubba is the Terps' best choice for getting caught on defense among the starting offensive midfielders. Kelly's senior year, Rotanz was around for that role.
Live Free or Die!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:46 pm New commitment from IL
IL's No. 92 junior Braden Erksa '21, A, Lassiter (Ga.) / @ThunderLB3 has committed to @TerpsMLAX. Standing out at a number of summer events, Erksa is a quick & crafty dodger who shoots it exceptionally well

Looks good. Terps are really getting a nice Georgia connection going.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Maryland men’s lacrosse’s Anthomy DeMaio finds comfort in his family’s latest relocation

Also two more local recruits
FCA (MD) twitter

2021 Attackman - Charlie Koras (@LoyolaLacrosse) on his commitment to @TerpsMLax So proud of you Charlie and your commitment to staying lazer focused. So exicted for you and for what lies ahead with the Terps!

2021 Midfielder - Kevin Tucker (@LoyolaLacrosse) on his commitment to @TerpsMLax This kid has worked so hard to achieve success. So pumped for you Kevin and for what lies ahead with Terps!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am Maryland men’s lacrosse’s Anthomy DeMaio finds comfort in his family’s latest relocation

Also two more local recruits
FCA (MD) twitter

2021 Attackman - Charlie Koras (@LoyolaLacrosse) on his commitment to @TerpsMLax So proud of you Charlie and your commitment to staying lazer focused. So exicted for you and for what lies ahead with the Terps!

2021 Midfielder - Kevin Tucker (@LoyolaLacrosse) on his commitment to @TerpsMLax This kid has worked so hard to achieve success. So pumped for you Kevin and for what lies ahead with Terps!
Nice story on the DeMaio family.

Nice pick-ups in Charlie Koras and Kevin Tucker. Xanders has them ranked #93 and #42, respectively. I have been watching some Loyola Blakefield games to get a feel for Jack Koras' game. Jack and Charlie really work well together. Charlie is a right-hander and works behind the goal with Jack being a left-hander. I thought Tucker looked very good, didn't even realize he was just a sophomore last Spring.
Live Free or Die!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Ty Xanders is reporting that former Terp 2020 recruit Colin Hagstrom, FO, has flipped to ND.
Perhaps this is somewhat related to the Terps adding a 5 star FOman, Chase Mullins in the 2021 class.

I swear that I recently looked at the Terps list on IL and Hagstrom wasn't ranked a 4-star, but now that he has flipped to ND he is. Is this the recruit inflation factor for ND? :lol:
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cooter

Post by Cooter »

A lot of former Terps are selected to represent the U.S. in this Fall's events occuring next weekend:
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/usa-insid ... ll-classic

Chanenchuk, Dunn, Haus, Kelly, Muller, B.Phipps, B.Young
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Saturday
NYC Maryland Watch Party - Saturday, October 12
- Join the Maryland Men's Lacrosse team and coaches to watch Maryland Football vs. Purdue.
- Noon at Abbey Tavern (354 Third Ave, New York, NY 10010)

Sunday
Scrimmage with Cornell @ St. Anthony’s on IL
According to the Cornell thread it’s at 10 am

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”