Teams you won’t recognize in 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
coda

Re: Teams you won’t recognize in 2025

Post by coda »

Hooz123 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:46 pm Despite losing Shelly and Cormier, UVa is going to surprise folks. They will be right there in the title mix again.

-Nunes is back (for better or worse). Ghobriel is back at FOGO.

-On defense, Castner is gone but Wayer, Schroter, and everyone else returns. Schroter is a future AA. Chizmar won't miss a step taking Yagar's spot. I think we'll be better defensively next year.

-Shelly and Cormier will hurt obviously, but there's a ton of talent at Attack. UVa has four top-10 recruits in Millon, Sunderland, Duenkel, and Kyle Colsey at Attack next year. And I expect Ryan Colsey to take a big leap next year...the kid looks smooth out there...his game complements Millon nicely. Talent is top-level, but not a lot of experience.

Biggest question to me the depth at midfield behind Tirenzi and Schutz, and the general youth movement on offense...(and please, Truitt, hit the weights my guy!) I expect UVa to take a hit or two early, but they'll be fine. Could use another FOGO transfer and some middy depth.
This will be the question for a lot of Blue Bloods. Losing a lot of talent, but there is talent behind. The question is how will that talent fit together? Do have a guy like Shelly that can operate behind the net and put all the pieces into place? I cant imagine teams like UVA, Duke, and ND falling out of the top 10, but will they all be obvious NC contenders? We wont know until they hit the field next year.
Last edited by coda on Tue May 14, 2024 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Doesn't Boyden have another year? Guessing he is not using it.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Navy loses a lot of seniors.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ChopMan23 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 am Doesn't Boyden have another year? Guessing he is not using it.
he does. when he came in, he wasn't committed to playing 2. that may have changed, but hasn't been confirmed either way.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Hoping Brown looks like a completely different team next year with a new coach!
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 am
coda wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:04 pm
azim21 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 pm
BigTurn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 am
Powellfan22 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 am Notre Dame loses a bunch:

Pat Kavanaugh, Eric Dobson, Liam Entemann, Reilly Gray, Chris Conlin, Devon McLane, Marco Napolitano, Carter Parlette, Ross Burgmaster.

Still think they will be pretty good next year, but that's a lot.
Potential for Faison as well if he has a strong fall and decides to focus on football.

Think they have some strong returning pieces as well and a big incoming class. Would expect a drop off but nothing too drastic.
Faison already ended the fall last year as the top slot receiver and was the Sun Bowl MVP. Don't see why a strong fall from him would make him give up his first line midfield spot, especially considering he committed to ND as a lacrosse player. Marcus Freeman has already said he loves that he plays on the lacrosse team and sees no issue with it. So I don't think that would happen unless he gets a major injury this fall.

There's a ton to replace for sure, but with the development of Chris Kavanagh and Jake Taylor staying another year I don't see a huge drop off offensively. Certainly won't be as deadly, especially while man-up, but should still be near the top on that side of the field. The defense will be where the biggest concern will be heading into 2025.
If he becomes a legit NFL prospect, than he will have to focus on football. The money differential is just too much. He is at least a season away from making that call.
Exactly. If he pops on the football field this fall, and his draft profile grows, he can’t jeopardize that for lacrosse. As much as I hate to say it.
That's exactly why Dante Trader isn't playing lacrosse anymore. https://pressboxonline.com/2024/05/10/t ... -football/
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:48 pm Carc assured us yesterday that next year the Ivy League will be the greatest league in modern lacrosse history, so we got that going for us.
But he'll soon revert to the typical pattern of the last 10 years with ACC worship.

Post by 1766 »

He's not nearly as bad as Quint and Ashish. Those fellas salaries should be half paid by the Acc. Fan bois extraordinaire. Carc and Asish deserve some credit though. They can weave a Syracuse mention in to every telecast no matter who is playing. It's impressive.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”