Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Waiting for Spidey's line on the 11am start time JMU at Maryland game streaming on BTN+

spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:28 am Waiting for Spidey's line on the 11am start time JMU at Maryland game streaming on BTN+

Working it up now. AND I will be in attendance!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

What I've learned thus far in the 2024 Women's D1 Lacrosse Season - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Truly surprised with some of the outcomes (although some of you are nailing the upsets and cleaning me out!). But I digress...on to a couple of today's games.

The best game of the day, and one I will be there live to witness has the JMU Dukes traveling from the Burg to College Park to face the Terps. Both teams have something to prove here. The Dukes want to live up to their ranking (although I think they like playing the underdog role) and the Terps want to prove they are back and for real. JMU brings a perfect 6-0 record into the swamp that is the Field Hockey and Women's Lacrosse Complex (can someone buy the naming rights???). The Terps lone loss is on home soil to a somewhat mediocre Florida squad. Can the Terps make up for this lone blemish today? The answer is NO. The Dukes scrappy zone D will cause Maryland fits throughout the day and Isabella Peterson will eat up the Terps with 5+ goals on the day (+220). The Terps will fight hard to come back in the second half as I see them giving up a sizeable lead early, but ultimately they come up short.
JMU -2.5

The only other game of interest has Arizona State flying east to Nash-vegas to face the Commodores of Vanderbilt. It will be a fruitful trip for the Sun Devils and I actually don't anticipate this being much of a game. That said, Vandy has a lot to play for. Two years ago had them playing for a conference championship and a top 25ish RPI, but they followed that up last year with a 4-11 finish. They've been smacked around in their two losses, losing by 13 and 18, so they will be anxious to get that monkey off their back. Unfortunately, today the Sun Devils will prove too much for Vandy and ASU will end this quick road trip at 1-0.
ASU -5.5
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:41 am What I've learned thus far in the 2024 Women's D1 Lacrosse Season - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Truly surprised with some of the outcomes (although some of you are nailing the upsets and cleaning me out!). But I digress...on to a couple of today's games.

The best game of the day, and one I will be there live to witness has the JMU Dukes traveling from the Burg to College Park to face the Terps. Both teams have something to prove here. The Dukes want to live up to their ranking (although I think they like playing the underdog role) and the Terps want to prove they are back and for real. JMU brings a perfect 6-0 record into the swamp that is the Field Hockey and Women's Lacrosse Complex (can someone buy the naming rights???). The Terps lone loss is on home soil to a somewhat mediocre Florida squad. Can the Terps make up for this lone blemish today? The answer is NO. The Dukes scrappy zone D will cause Maryland fits throughout the day and Isabella Peterson will eat up the Terps with 5+ goals on the day (+220). The Terps will fight hard to come back in the second half as I see them giving up a sizeable lead early, but ultimately they come up short.
JMU -2.5

The only other game of interest has Arizona State flying east to Nash-vegas to face the Commodores of Vanderbilt. It will be a fruitful trip for the Sun Devils and I actually don't anticipate this being much of a game. That said, Vandy has a lot to play for. Two years ago had them playing for a conference championship and a top 25ish RPI, but they followed that up last year with a 4-11 finish. They've been smacked around in their two losses, losing by 13 and 18, so they will be anxious to get that monkey off their back. Unfortunately, today the Sun Devils will prove too much for Vandy and ASU will end this quick road trip at 1-0.
ASU -5.5
Gotta go with the underdog. Maryland upsets JMU today.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:03 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:41 am What I've learned thus far in the 2024 Women's D1 Lacrosse Season - ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

JMU -2.5

ASU -5.5
Gotta go with the underdog. Maryland upsets JMU today.
Agree
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:26 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:28 am Waiting for Spidey's line on the 11am start time JMU at Maryland game streaming on BTN+
You should hold up a sign when you know the camera's on you.

Spidey's Sports Book
For All Your D1
Women's Lacrosse Wagers
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Maryland with the win today and I think Arizona State in a game that isn’t close.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

JMU -2.5

ASU -5.5
My head says JMU gets that one, but my heart wants Maryland to win (not a fan, but I root for the underdogs). It'll be an interesting match up for sure.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:30 am
spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:26 am
You should hold up a sign when you know the camera's on you.

Spidey's Sports Book
For All Your D1
Women's Lacrosse Wagers
Ha! Thought about doing something like that!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Dukes up 4-2 after the first.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:35 am Dukes up 4-2 after the first.
Enjoy Sentara. I love there’s always about six or seven parents wearing those ridiculous suits.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:39 am
Enjoy Sentara. I love there’s always about six or seven parents wearing those ridiculous suits.
At Maryland today..
OuttaNowhereWregget

Try to keep up....

Kidding! 🤣
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:47 am
Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:39 am
At Maryland today..
👍 thought I saw before you were in Virginia. I’m not watching he game. My bad. 😁
Last edited by Relax77 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:48 am Try to keep up....

Kidding! 🤣
Try not being a douche. Kidding! 🤣
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Terps score three in a row to tie it at 5 at the half.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:54 am

Kidding! 🤣
See that--try to make a bridge. Lesson learned.

Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:54 am

Kidding! 🤣
See that--try to make a bridge. Lesson learned.

That was your attempt to making a bridge? Lmao. 👌
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

After a slow start the Terps dominated the second half and cruise to an 11-8 victory. This season is truly up for grabs. Any given Sunday…
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 pm After a slow start the Terps dominated the second half and cruise to an 11-8 victory. This season is truly up for grabs. Any given Sunday…
Probably going to be one fun tourney. May even get a few first round upsets.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”