A MOD Free World

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
laxman3221

Re: A MOD Free World

Post by laxman3221 »

youthathletics wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:
Norman wrote:This is the current Democrat party. They are racists. They despise whites.

Is that Brooklyn making meme’s? ;) :lol:
I think this is more accurate, basically anyone who posts on DU.

Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:the geniuses on here proving Bandito's point by censoring him :roll:
Who is censoring him? There is something called "basic human decency" but that too is debatable.
oh please, I thought you tougher than that TLD...with all your satire/sarcasm :roll:
Where did I say the guy should be censored? Are you of the mind there is no such thing as basic human decency? What I said was who is censoring him?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

the previous Moderator was/is OK. I once told him in a PM he was a bully, figuring that would be the end of my LP days...that was at least a couple years ago :D
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:the previous Moderator was OK. I once told him in a PM he was a bully figuring that would be the end of my LP days...that was at least a couple years ago :D

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ecency?amp
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:the previous Moderator was OK. I once told him in a PM he was a bully figuring that would be the end of my LP days...that was at least a couple years ago :D

Human Decency includes respectfulness, and IMO, you've shown little of that.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Respect is not bowing down. I use a lot of satire. Unfortunately you can’t convey intent with the written word, if I offended you I am sorry. I don’t agree with a lot of your views but I don’t take you as being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate... Ray Ray was like that at times. I see he has taken his ball to play by himself.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Respect is not bowing down. I use a lot of satire. Unfortunately you can’t convey intent with the written word, if I offended you I am sorry. I don’t agree with a lot of your views but I don’t take you as being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate... Ray Ray was like that at times. I see he has taken his ball to play by himself.
uh huh...like the time you called me "hayseed"...that was respectful. Before I started my own biz, my last staff position was on Wall St. at DLJ. Some "hayseed," right Mr. Big Time? As for randy, I believe he's simply exhausted having schooled you guys ad nauseam.
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

uh huh...like the time you called me "hayseed"...that was respectful. Before I started my own biz, my last staff position was on Wall St. at DLJ. some "hayseed" right Mr. Big Time? As for randy, I believe he's simply exhausted having schooled you guys ad nauseam.
Yes. I am from Trumpland and went to school with a bunch of hayseeds. I am sorry for calling you a hayseed which is a term I use for rural county people. Like a Yuppie...Sorry if I offended you. I will choose my words more carefully.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I don't think it's hard to see that one poster in particular has a tone and approach SO markedly different from the rest of us around here that it is sparking some pointed back-and-forth.

How bout you guys that agree with him ideologically, jump in and support the themes being debated? Well, it's not really being debated, is it? The tone of a debate clearly touches on the viewpoints being hashed out, especially when it could reasonably be described as "Type A", no?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

uh huh...like the time you called me "hayseed"...that was respectful. Before I started my own biz, my last staff position was on Wall St. at DLJ. some "hayseed" right Mr. Big Time? As for randy, I believe he's simply exhausted having schooled you guys ad nauseam.
I missed this. DLJMB guys were good guys. Upstate New York is full of hayseeds though. I assumed you lived up there.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

I missed this. DLJMB guys were good guys. Upstate New York is full of hayseeds though. I assumed you lived up there.
No, no... investment bank, Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette (DLJ)
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Yes. DLJ Merchant Bank. Basically a captive PE shop.....a forerunner to APriori Capital Partners
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

holmes435 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Civility on many comment sections is severely lacking. banditto's use of words like "moron", however, must be taken in context. The collective "you" have to look in the mirror and ask, "could I have responded better" or "what counter argument could I make". Instead, we mostly get mocking in a cartoonish manner.
What's the context of "Hey moron" or "whiny little bitches"? :lol:

I will say it certainly shows the mindset and emotional level of the speaker. Where is the application of "could I have responded better" or "what counter argument could I make" to that side of things? We are getting mocked in a cartoonish manner on our end, it's not one sided.

You also have to take a look at who is throwing these molotov cocktails out to incite inflammatory responses. It's pretty one-sided as to who is initiating.
At last...a no holds barred BLOG. Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler. It'll be interesting to see the creativity of the folks on FanLax. "Whiny little bitches" and "hey moron" are so amateurish. Gotta thank bandito for opening up Pandora's box. Well done.
Typical Lax Dad

wahoomurf wrote:
holmes435 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Civility on many comment sections is severely lacking. banditto's use of words like "moron", however, must be taken in context. The collective "you" have to look in the mirror and ask, "could I have responded better" or "what counter argument could I make". Instead, we mostly get mocking in a cartoonish manner.
What's the context of "Hey moron" or "whiny little bitches"? :lol:

I will say it certainly shows the mindset and emotional level of the speaker. Where is the application of "could I have responded better" or "what counter argument could I make" to that side of things? We are getting mocked in a cartoonish manner on our end, it's not one sided.

You also have to take a look at who is throwing these molotov cocktails out to incite inflammatory responses. It's pretty one-sided as to who is initiating.
At last...a no holds barred BLOG. Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler. It'll be interesting to see the creativity of the folks on FanLax. "Whiny little bitches" and "hey moron" are so amateurish. Gotta thank bandito for opening up Pandora's box. Well done.
I love the Avatar!
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
I love the Avatar!
A racist stereotype character. Better get back to the DeSantis discussion. :lol:
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Yes. DLJ Merchant Bank. Basically a captive PE shop.....a forerunner to APriori Capital Partners
I left DLJ in 1990...I'm obviously older than you, and I have no idea about anything called DLJMB, and no longer have any connections to that business.
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote:the geniuses on here proving Bandito's point by censoring him :roll:
Thanks for calling me a genius. This is fun.

Of course, I'm not censoring him. I'm removing his posts from my stream, because he is an artless, uninformed toady to the Trump ethos that equates good policy with sticking it to the "snowflakes" and "whiny little bitches" and "morons." He can post all he wants; he hasn't been censored; I changed the channel, got up and left the restaurant, took my business elsewhere. But I gotta tell my wife I'm a genius.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote:
Thanks for calling me a genius. This is fun.

Of course, I'm not censoring him. I'm removing his posts from my stream, because he is an artless, uninformed toady to the Trump ethos that equates good policy with sticking it to the "snowflakes" and "whiny little bitches" and "morons." He can post all he wants; he hasn't been censored; I changed the channel, got up and left the restaurant, took my business elsewhere. But I gotta tell my wife I'm a genius.
You're right. If that makes you feel better, you're right.

I will say, the hypocrisy is rather thick here. How is the language you have used to describe Trump (on more than one occasion) any more artful than anything Bandito has said?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

My comments about Trump are about a public figure who insinuates himself into the eye of the news storm. I am not in the habit, anyway, of calling anyone on LP or this forum a "moron" -- even when I think their comments or views are moronic. But if you find me offensive -- like I find Bandito offensive, trolling and largely free of meaningful content -- by all means remove my odious comments from your stream.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

I left DLJ in 1990...I'm obviously older than you, and I have no idea about anything called DLJMB, and no longer have any connections to that business.
Obviously. We did a lot of work with DLJ.

Return to “POLITICS”