"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Deep State - aka "Intelligence" Community

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
a fan wrote:This is the opposite of what you, RR, and FoxNation (sorry to lump you in) mean by Deep State.

What Deep State meant when it was coined are folks that are high level career bureaucrats-----all either liberal Hillary fans or "never Trumpers".

What's funny, and what was pointed out by yours truly on Laxpower, was that we have no clue who is leaking or undermining Trump....and it has now turned out that the Deep State are all people either working in the White House, or were appointed by Trumpy himself.

In other words, the rest of DC hasn't had to lift a finger to stick it to Trump....Trump's own people are the "Deep State". Sorry, but this is NOT what has been sold as the Deep State over the last couple of years.

Both funny and sad at the same time.

Also both reassuring and scary that it's a coup d'etat happening in the plain light of day.
Yep...just as scary are Russia installing their guy right in front of our eyes. I posted that in July 2016....We are asleep at the switch.
Not sure I'd boast that July 2016 post...wrong now and wrong then.
We will see....Ask Manafort and Gates.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
a fan wrote:This is the opposite of what you, RR, and FoxNation (sorry to lump you in) mean by Deep State.

What Deep State meant when it was coined are folks that are high level career bureaucrats-----all either liberal Hillary fans or "never Trumpers".

What's funny, and what was pointed out by yours truly on Laxpower, was that we have no clue who is leaking or undermining Trump....and it has now turned out that the Deep State are all people either working in the White House, or were appointed by Trumpy himself.

In other words, the rest of DC hasn't had to lift a finger to stick it to Trump....Trump's own people are the "Deep State". Sorry, but this is NOT what has been sold as the Deep State over the last couple of years.

Also both reassuring and scary that it's a coup d'etat happening in the plain light of day.
Yep...just as scary are Russia installing their guy right in front of our eyes. I posted that in July 2016....We are asleep at the switch.
Nah, let's ask Brennan, Clapper, Yates, Comey again, Stzrok/Page again, etc., etc...Release the unredacted documents!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Nah, let's ask Brennan, Clapper, Yates, Comey again, Stzrok/Page again, etc., etc...Release the unredacted documents!
Do not forget ole' Rod....this article last night may do some damage as early as today.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: "So how come none of you progressive "resistance"-type people, who live and breathe according to NYT reporting, didn't post this article? "Fake news" this time?...doesn't fit the "resistance" narrative?"

I guess the suggestion is, then, that because this story about Rosenstein didn't fit your idea of a "resistance" narrative, we -- the left-wing resistance that imbibes the liquor that is the Times -- decided not to post it here in hopes that the Trump apologists (like you sir, no matter how hard you try) wouldn't see it? If so, let me tell you, the contrary is true. This story suggests that what most of us believe is true: that even Republicans like Rosenstein and likely countless others realize that the GOP allowed the brush fire known as Trump to get out of control and now are, from their perches at Justice and in the West Wing and in administration posts, are trying to caretake the nation through this assault. And you mock "the resistance"? Laughable. Trump's assault on federal law enforcement, the rule of law, the media, and the rights of citizens is worthy of a resistance, and even the GOP knows its. It simply eludes you.
Last edited by seacoaster on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

If there are no security concerns, release all of them.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

In t33's telling, there are apparently Deep State elements in favor of Trumpy, against Trumpy, for themselves, for Putin, against Putin, for Dems, for Pubs...so confusing. So sad.

The reason, IMO, that we see so many comparisons to Fauxnews and other fringe viewpoints when comparing certain "moderate" posters at FL and THEIR views is...

BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY NEARLY IDENTICAL.

D'uh. The shoe fits quite nicely.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Reporting coming thru the radio that Rosenstein has offered his resignation verbally to the White House this morning...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Current Solicitor General to fill his shoes (!)...

Noel Fransisco.

Developing...

tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: And you mock "the resistance"? Laughable. Trump's assault on federal law enforcement, the rule of law, the media, and the rights of citizens is worthy of a resistance, and even the GOP knows its. It simply eludes you.
You're a funny guy coaster...I don't need to mock anything. The "resistance," including anti-trump people and Democrats are quite capable of showing how desperate and duplicitous they are. Just look at their performance over the past month, including the politicization of the #metoo movement, (feel sorry for Dr. Ford). Based on this impressive behavior, I bet the majority of Independents (where the country's sanity lies) vote R in the midterms.

What eludes you is that it's not Trump's "assault" on anything...it's called defense and survival.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Do not forget ole' Rod....this article last night may do some damage as early as today.
dislaxxic wrote:Reporting coming thru the radio that Rosenstein has offered his resignation verbally to the White House this morning...
Be careful choosing your words...this should come from Sessions, NOT the WH.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"What eludes you is that it's not Trump's "assault" on anything...it's called defense and survival."

That's pithy; what does it mean?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

More on Noel Fransisco

The plot gets VERY thick with this ideologue in line to assume Rosenstein's duties vis-a-vis the Mueller investigation...

a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote:
a fan wrote:This is the opposite of what you, RR, and FoxNation (sorry to lump you in) mean by Deep State. What Deep State meant when it was coined are folks that are high level career bureaucrats-----all either liberal Hillary fans or "never Trumpers".
What possesses you to constantly bring other people and FoxNews into your post replies? My post had nothing to do with FoxNews and are my thoughts alone. As stated, I never used the term "deep state." By labeling or grouping posters with a broad stroke, in your mind somehow proves your point?
So right after YOU lump multiple posters together "So how come none of you progressive "resistance"-type people, who live and breathe according to NYT reporting, didn't post this article?"....you call ME out for lumping posters together? Really?

Seacoaster got it immediately. The ENTIRE Deep State narrative is a big fat lie. Strozk and Page did NOTHING about their hate for Trump. Didn't have to....Trump's own people are on the case. You've got multiple sources telling America that for the last two years, White House staffers are your Deep State. Withholding documents from Trump. Making NATO agreements before Trump arrives at the site. Leaking info. to the press. It's all right there, in print for you to see. Heck, just read Woodward's book alone....it's all right there.

But because you, and yup, FoxNation want to blame everything on the Dems, you totally ignore all the solid journalism that tells you that guys like Kelly are making decisions for Trump.....and direct your attention elsewhere because it doesn't fit your narrative that it MUST be the Dems.

The Deputy Attn. General was caught trying to record the POTUS in an effort to enact the 25th Amendment this past week. And instead of saying "holy cow, that's like the 10th Trump insider that's been caught undermining Trump. The Deep State is obviously Trump's own people", you conclude: "Naaaaaah. It's a bunch of FBI agents who have zero power that's at the bottom of all this".

Dude. Come on. It's right there for you to see.

tech37 wrote:And I disagree with your personal definition of "deep state," that's way too simple a fan. Many of the bad actors are either fired or have resigned... but how can you honestly believe that the culture that unfolded at DOJ/FBI during eight years of Obama is completely gone? That's just naive.
:lol: What does Obama have to do with this. Strozk was in the FBI for 22 years, old bean. And yet here you are (again) trying to make it sound like Obama hand picked him....or that the culture of the FBI was bad and corrupt under Obama, and not under Bush's or Clinton's reign.

Has Strozk been arrested, or found to have done one single thing that's done anything to Trump? Nope. Not one single indictment on Trump, remember? Strozk investigated Trump, and found nothing. And yet you're still all over the guy. He's a pointless pawn that was removed from the board in two moves.

Woodward laid out the Deep State for you in one single book. The Deep State is Trump's people. No clue why you are refusing to see this.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

a fan wrote:No clue why you are refusing to see this.
Oh, there's a few clues out there on this... ;)

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Always thought the deep state had to do with guys like Ed snowden, J. Edgar, Nixon, PATRIOT act, Operation Northwoods, USS Liberty, Tuskeegee, Obama listening illegally, etc. The US gives a "private" company that makes its money via "CONsulting" business keys to the NSA secret kingdom :roll: :lol:

No, disslaxx, the military killing machine donates UN-equally (to political parties/candidates :roll: )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Wait a minute fan, Trump has been in office not quite two years, Rosenstein has been at the FBI for 27 years, you using new math or something to call him "'Trump's man"?
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:
tech37 wrote:
a fan wrote:This is the opposite of what you, RR, and FoxNation (sorry to lump you in) mean by Deep State. What Deep State meant when it was coined are folks that are high level career bureaucrats-----all either liberal Hillary fans or "never Trumpers".
What possesses you to constantly bring other people and FoxNews into your post replies? My post had nothing to do with FoxNews and are my thoughts alone. As stated, I never used the term "deep state." By labeling or grouping posters with a broad stroke, in your mind somehow proves your point?
So right after YOU lump multiple posters together "So how come none of you progressive "resistance"-type people, who live and breathe according to NYT reporting, didn't post this article?"....you call ME out for lumping posters together? Really?

Seacoaster got it immediately. The ENTIRE Deep State narrative is a big fat lie. Strozk and Page did NOTHING about their hate for Trump. Didn't have to....Trump's own people are on the case. You've got multiple sources telling America that for the last two years, White House staffers are your Deep State. Withholding documents from Trump. Making NATO agreements before Trump arrives at the site. Leaking info. to the press. It's all right there, in print for you to see. Heck, just read Woodward's book alone....it's all right there.

But because you, and yup, FoxNation want to blame everything on the Dems, you totally ignore all the solid journalism that tells you that guys like Kelly are making decisions for Trump.....and direct your attention elsewhere because it doesn't fit your narrative that it MUST be the Dems.

The Deputy Attn. General was caught trying to record the POTUS in an effort to enact the 25th Amendment this past week. And instead of saying "holy cow, that's like the 10th Trump insider that's been caught undermining Trump. The Deep State is obviously Trump's own people", you conclude: "Naaaaaah. It's a bunch of FBI agents who have zero power that's at the bottom of all this".

Dude. Come on. It's right there for you to see.

tech37 wrote:And I disagree with your personal definition of "deep state," that's way too simple a fan. Many of the bad actors are either fired or have resigned... but how can you honestly believe that the culture that unfolded at DOJ/FBI during eight years of Obama is completely gone? That's just naive.
:lol: What does Obama have to do with this. Strozk was in the FBI for 22 years, old bean. And yet here you are (again) trying to make it sound like Obama hand picked him....or that the culture of the FBI was bad and corrupt under Obama, and not under Bush's or Clinton's reign.

Has Strozk been arrested, or found to have done one single thing that's done anything to Trump? Nope. Not one single indictment on Trump, remember? Strozk investigated Trump, and found nothing. And yet you're still all over the guy. He's a pointless pawn that was removed from the board in two moves.

Woodward laid out the Deep State for you in one single book. The Deep State is Trump's people. No clue why you are refusing to see this.
Listened to Woodwards podcast interviews while driving to CT. Amazing , they are. Oh, wait, YOU don't have the ability to listen to them. He let me have them b/c I said I didn't believe his sources. You can clearly hear tRumps voice bashing tRump. Huh?

Guess Watergate just ain't paying the bills, but a cottage industry of similar false flag narratives sure continues to flourish.

You're write AFAN, think I will vote for tRump JUST to piss the pretends off. (they do so love military killing machine companies and their wars. Right Wolf ? )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

Are we talking about Rod Rosenstein, frmanfan? I think you might be confusing two differenent stories or something.

Rod Rosenstein is the Dept. Attorney General, and was appointed to this post by Trump. He never worked at the FBI.

So many stories flying around, I get confused, too.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan, you want posters to debate with you but what's the point if every time someone disagrees with you, you site FoxNews. And just because you don't like Fox, does that mean they are never right on any issues?

As for the "resistance"... I stand by my use of that term. That's just way too obvious.

Return to “POLITICS”