NESCAC 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
sguy9

Re: NESCAC 2019

Post by sguy9 »

Predictions:
1-Amherst - Score more goals!
2-Tufts - Still able to turn on the jets when they want to.
3-Wesleyan - playing with swagger (justifiable)
4-Bates - Interesting start, ran with RIT, snuck one out vs Babson, strong w vs Midd.
5-Williams - Not convinced they will hang around here. Up or down?
6-Bowdoin - Good win over CC, feel the same as I do about Will, up or down from here?
7-Middlebury - Long trip to Maine, Panthers will bounce back, but how high?
8-CC - Hmm, need to see more to really judge.
9-Trinity - Improving, but still alot of work to do.
10-Hamilton - Could jump up 1 or 2 spots, played Tufts tough until Jumbo run late.
11-Colby - Not a lot to say here, was going to be optimistic, but I can't figure how to be.
lilax

Post by lilax »

Decided to check out the box scores after the games.

Interesting to see 2 of the top goalies in the league not play. No CJ Layton for Colby or George Peele for Williams. Also interesting that McCormack did not play for Middlebury.

Colby could be in for a long year. 21 out of 26 players that appeared vs. Amherst were freshman or sophomores. Talk about a baptism by fire.

Tufts casually has a player come off the bench and score 12 goals in 2 games. Mr. Waldbaum is a big boy at 6'2 210.

Bates with an impressive win over Midd and Chlastawa only scored 1 goal.

Trinity has yet to put their roster up.
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

George Peele is not listed on the Williams roster...
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

4 NESCAC squads now ranked in the top 20 by USILA. Tufts also leapfrogged Amherst for the #4 spot.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... la-coaches
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

https://www.bantamsports.com/sports/mlax/2018-19/roster

Numbers and head shots not necessarily up to date but here are the names on the roster.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Trinity has got some transfers from Penn St and Utah both scored 2 goals yesterday. Definitely players to look out for.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Any word on what happened with Bicknese and Hanlon?
Should be seniors?
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

NESCAC Week 1 N.B.N’s Power Rankings
1. Amherst (2-0); rolled Colby and may have a little let up on WNE, but still holds my #1 spot on the PR
2. Tufts (3-0); Slow start in Hamilton; but nice Back-to-back games, especially Cortland game, while watching the game you knew it was close but you really never thought that the jumbos would lose.
3. Wesleyan (2-0); nice win against a very good William’s Team; really thought that the Cardinals may be tight with the bullseye this year but have proven me wrong so far.
4. Williams (0-1); you kind of thought that it was not going to be the Card’s Day with the 6 minute run the Ehphs had in the 2nd. Williams is good team and I think that they know they can hang with the big boys in the NESCAC
5. Bowdoin (2-0); It was extremely important win in OT vs. CC for this club. With the smack of UofNE, they earned a jump to #5 for at least this week.
6. Bates (2-1); Close lose with RIT (still how good the Tigers are is a?); but a great recovery effort and like how they were able to control Middlebury in the second half.
7. Trinity (1-0); I guess a Win is a Win; even if it’s against a High School team; we will learn more about Trinity on Saturday.
8. CT College (1-1); I know they think that they let the Bowdoin Game get away from them; however, nice rebound and taking care of business against NEC
9. Middlebury (0-1); maybe the most disappointing performance of the week; out the gates like wildfire but they cooled off quickly. They were getting faceoff and opportunities but just could get no rhythm on Saturday’s game… person opinion that the refs where still rusty in this one as well.
10. Colby(1-1); Amherst is not the game you want to start the season with because they just expose all a team’s weakness. Especially when a team is early in the season knocking off the rust.
11. Hamilton (0-1); I almost wanted to give you guys a win for your first half effort
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

Week 2 NBN Predictions

Saturday 9th
Tufts 14 vs. Stevens 10
Wesleyan 18 vs. Bates 8
Trinity 12 vs. Williams 14
Bowdoin 10 vs. Amherst 25
Colby 14 vs Hamilton 6
Middlebury 8 vs. Conn College 11

Monday 11th
Hamilton 10 vs. Utica 9

Tuesday 12th
Middlebury 12 vs. St Law. 10
Endicott 8 vs. Tufts 19
WNE 10 vs. Bates 15

Wednesday 13th
S. Virginia 8 vs Ct College 12
Clark 5 vs Wesleyan 15
Bowdoin 14 vs. Babson 9
Wooster 6 vs. Trinity 14

Friday 15th
Wesleyan 16 vs. Middlebury 6
Amherst 22 vs. F&M 11
Union 10 vs. Williams 15
Tufts 22 vs. Colby 3
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/FAvCBv6-RKo[/youtube]

Amherst vs WNE highlights
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Bates leads Wes 4-2 after one.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Bates over Wesleyan 15-12. Nice.
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

Despite going 9 for 29 at the x...NICE WIN.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Additionally, 22 of Wesleyan’s 50 shots, and 6 of their 12 goals, came in the fourth quarter. The game clearly did not feel as close as the score would indicate.
ergit

Post by ergit »

A little inappropriate to post, don’t you think?
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Totally agree, admin should remove that post, unless the OP can delete it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

post removed. Though, admittedly, we had some questions about why the post was inappropriate. Not to be difficult but to (a) make sure we're doing the right thing and (b) to create a precedent for going forward. If this was a HS thread, for sure it's gone. In some cases, the person being discussed is 13 or 14 years-old. But is the same true for college kids? What if the post was substantiated and 100% public information (vs. currently, conjecture or simply an accusation). So as not to hijack this thread, please reply here within the Post Policy thread.
RhinoEph

Post by RhinoEph »

My apologies about the story I posted. Someone had asked what happened to the player in question and I knew about the issue. I simply meant for the story to be a press account of what transpired to result in his being off the roster. I should have just kept it as a “personal issue” being dealt with. Sorry again for violating any posting rules. My intent was not to impugn but to answer a specific posted question.
bullfrog1

Post by bullfrog1 »

Really surprised to see Wesleyan lose to Bates since Bates didn't look good at all when they scrimmaged Tufts
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

ODAC / LYN fan here.
Looking forward to the Wesleyan match up at Mustang Classic.
1st time match up and 1st time @ the classic for Wesleyan. Disappointed to see them draw Middlebury in 1st game when this is a great opportunity to play a South team.. Also a tough draw to then wait around until 2nd to last game Saturday.. lots of down time but will see good Lacrosse and probably be pent up to run.
I see Will Pillot is assistant. I’m sure he won’t let the cardinals overlook LYN. I know the bugs are anxious for another NESCAC matchup.
Safe travels and good luck (against Mid😜)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”