Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote:this is a snowflake complaint
If I were serious you would be absolutely right. But it was really more of a complaint about hypocrisy. I used the "imagine it were you" to make my point - but not so well I guess.

EVERYONE is really good at seeing the world the way they WANT to see it.

The dems are the champions of forcing inclusion - as long as it only includes the things they want!!

The gop is really good at telling folks to buck up and deal with it, until they are the one who have to do the bucking up!!!

:roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

The one part I agree with you about is that whoo-boy, has the far left pushed hard on the social pendulum the last few years!

It's annoying. But the pendulum will reach center soon enough. (I hope! ;) )
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

What social change was too much?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wouldn’t call it change, trinity....just pushing on the social pendulum too hard.

Can give you a couple examples.

A couple of campuses keeping whites out of certain areas. Or boycotting right wing speakers instead of listening and debating them after their talks.

Have a butcher friend who was picketed by peta for animal cruelty when he falls all over himself to treat his kills humanely...and there are, oh, about five fast food burgers within a few blocks of his place.

Basically, the far left has drifted into far right territory using very mixed up logic.

None of it has been codified into law, but these acts are having an effect.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That’s pretty far left fringe/stupid stuff. I’m a union Democrat, to the left of Obama, but pro gay rights, pro universal healthcare, pro free trade, pro military, pro law enforcement, concerned, no alarmed, about the climate. I’m not a perfect match with the Democrats but the other guys....
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote:That’s pretty far left fringe/stupid stuff. I’m a union Democrat, to the left of Obama, but pro gay rights, pro universal healthcare, pro free trade, pro military, pro law enforcement, concerned, no alarmed, about the climate. I’m not a perfect match with the Democrats but the other guys....
Sounds like 60-65% of the country.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Campus discrimination? PETA?? This is pushing the pendulum? Seriously :?:

Can we take a second to look at the effects of the far RIGHT on said pendulum?

Warrantless wiretapping of US citizens. Torture. Disenfranchising large blocks of voter classes. Lets call it "selective" immigration standards. Opening the flood gates of Dark Money into politics. Unlimited, unimpeded gun rights with no, repeat NO sensible regulation allowed. Trickle-down, voodoo economics. White supremacy and authoritarianism.

What have i missed, fellas...in terms of the ways the far right pushes, no STOMPS on the pendulum...??

This pendulum has gone thru the roof on the right side of things. A bit of push-back from the left is LONG overdue, IMHO. The country IS, after all, a center-left kinda place, overall... ;)

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

a fan wrote:
HooDat wrote:
holmes435 wrote:Sounds like a private company expressing its values in a meeting and discussing what they can do in the community to help foster those values. Discussed combating actual fake news. Even urging tolerance towards its conservative employees.

If you don't agree with those values, use another search engine.
but what if you don't agree with Google and work there...???

Imagine being a conservative and having to sit through that.
This last sentence is where the liberals are right.....this is a snowflake complaint. What do you think it was like being a liberal working, well, pretty much anywhere in corporate America, for oh, all but the last decade or so? Did you hear all this complaining then?

Are we really so blind as to think that it was sunshine and rainbows at the workplace for liberals, minorities, or heaven forbid....women, over the last 200 years?

And, of course, this assumes that they'd hire you in the first place. Which they didn't, obviously.

And if you dared complain, you were branded a pinko commie feminist, or....simply fired for rocking the boat. My advice to conservatives complaining about working for liberal companies is the same advice they doled out to women and minorities for 200+ years: shut up. You're lucky you have a job. And if you don't like it, find somewhere else to work.

As for my place, we're apolitical, and would never foist this crap on our employees. I have NO CLUE how any company or employee could possibly find the time for politics at work. We also manage to avoid talking about G*d. Imagine that?

im gonna disagree with your first line- ive worked in corporate america and couldnt name one proper conservative colleague.

or, could be that they were just pressed into keeping quiet and wouldnt speak up... wouldnt be the first time.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This sums it up nicely. :lol: :lol: ;)

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
a fan wrote:
HooDat wrote:
holmes435 wrote:Sounds like a private company expressing its values in a meeting and discussing what they can do in the community to help foster those values. Discussed combating actual fake news. Even urging tolerance towards its conservative employees.

If you don't agree with those values, use another search engine.
but what if you don't agree with Google and work there...???

Imagine being a conservative and having to sit through that.
This last sentence is where the liberals are right.....this is a snowflake complaint. What do you think it was like being a liberal working, well, pretty much anywhere in corporate America, for oh, all but the last decade or so? Did you hear all this complaining then?

Are we really so blind as to think that it was sunshine and rainbows at the workplace for liberals, minorities, or heaven forbid....women, over the last 200 years?

And, of course, this assumes that they'd hire you in the first place. Which they didn't, obviously.

And if you dared complain, you were branded a pinko commie feminist, or....simply fired for rocking the boat. My advice to conservatives complaining about working for liberal companies is the same advice they doled out to women and minorities for 200+ years: shut up. You're lucky you have a job. And if you don't like it, find somewhere else to work.

As for my place, we're apolitical, and would never foist this crap on our employees. I have NO CLUE how any company or employee could possibly find the time for politics at work. We also manage to avoid talking about G*d. Imagine that?

im gonna disagree with your first line- ive worked in corporate america and couldnt name one proper conservative colleague.

or, could be that they were just pressed into keeping quiet and wouldnt speak up... wouldnt be the first time.
You work in the NY Metro area (e.g., the East Coast), and entered the job force in the very late 90's, yes?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:Campus discrimination? PETA?? This is pushing the pendulum? Seriously :?:

Can we take a second to look at the effects of the far RIGHT on said pendulum?

Warrantless wiretapping of US citizens. Torture. Disenfranchising large blocks of voter classes. Lets call it "selective" immigration standards. Opening the flood gates of Dark Money into politics. Unlimited, unimpeded gun rights with no, repeat NO sensible regulation allowed. Trickle-down, voodoo economics. White supremacy and authoritarianism.

What have i missed, fellas...in terms of the ways the far right pushes, no STOMPS on the pendulum...??

This pendulum has gone thru the roof on the right side of things. A bit of push-back from the left is LONG overdue, IMHO. The country IS, after all, a center-left kinda place, overall... ;)

Dislaxx, you are beyond words laughable. Obama signed every single PATRIOT act continuation. With the DEM controlled houses blessing too. Guns? Obama spent more on guns than even Trump did (so far)

Warrantless wiretapping? AP reporters and basically everything Snowden pointed out that the OBAMA administration was doing. Torture was continued during Obama's rule. Dark Money? Obama's overseas money couldn't get any darker.

Are some whites more supreme than others? When was the last time we had a Supreme Ct. nominee from Rutgers , New England or University of Somoa Law school?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote:

A couple of campuses ... boycotting right wing speakers instead of listening and debating them after their talks.

Right wing suppresses free speech more than anyone else:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

BYU, Bob Jones U, Liberty {sic} U, and on and so forth ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Of course they do! They're SUPPOSED to ban books and be at the head of the line for book burning.

Liberal colleges? The LAST thing they should do is suppress the free exchange of ideas.

And yet.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Should be a wake up call that the bag of tricks to persuade votes really boils down to substance; people want results. The latest bag of tricks is to try and convince us the POTUS is a traitor. Bottom line, life is mostly good right now for the majority of Americans, optimism is up, stocks are up, all races of people are working steadily, food stamps are declining. etc-etc. They can try and sell it that was all Obama's' doing, but that is going to be long hard sell that bares little fruit. The world today lives for the immediate....so do not try and screw with me making my house, car and light bill. They essentially have to want the U.S. to fail for the them to win.....and that is messed up.
Let's see what the evidence says. Rachel and Tucker's opinions are meaningless.
Agreed to an extent.

Hypothetical.... let's say Trump "colluded" with the Russians to get elected, not voter fraud, but intel type stuff. That still does not discount that things are running quite smoothly for the average American as I noted above. So when someone walks into a polling booth, even if they know Trump had help against his opponent HRC, their world is better at this time for their family and the bills are getting paid, often with a bit more discretionary income.
Fairy tales can come true,
it can happen to you,
if you watch Faux News.

For it's easy, you will find,
to be narrow of mind,
if you watch Faux News.

You can go to extremes,
with impossible schemes,
if you watch Faux News.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Welcome back jhu72.. (clapping hands emoji)

I seldom watch any news and if I do watch cable news, I usually watch msnbc to hear the other side of the coin.

I read and get most of my news on LPBUS (LaxPower Back-Up Stick) :D I figure if the left is wound up about something the right must be doing well and if the right is doing nothing, than the left must be doing well. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:Welcome back jhu72.. (clapping hands emoji)

I seldom watch any news and if I do watch cable news, I usually watch msnbc to hear the other side of the coin.

I read and get most of my news on LPBUS (LaxPower Back-Up Stick) :D I figure if the left is wound up about something the right must be doing well and if the right is doing nothing, than the left must be doing well. ;)
What was the "right" doing for 8 years? I never realized people routinely categorized themselves as "left" or "right" .
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Like this "so called" white power signal from Latino Ortez.... :o :lol:

Reminds of this....

~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Do you work with the people that put this ad together? Do you think it was a good ad and an effective way to attract Hindus to the party?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder why the Hindu that helped create the artwork was not offended?

Last paragraph in the article. "This ad was created with input from those of Hindu faith so that we could properly pay respect to the sacred festival. This highlights the difficulty in outreach that can be positive for one group but not for another in the same community," Jetton added. "We offer our sincerest apologies to anyone that was offended by the ad. Obviously, that was not the intent."

It’s amazing what can take place when different minded people talk to each other, rather than using social media to assume everything.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”