FIT

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Old&InTheWay

Re: FIT

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I'am with Bob......Hopefully, the FIT Administration hasn't ruined this program for years to come. Good luck to the players and young coach. Go Rollins!
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

Well, the boys don’t know what happened either at this point. But they are happy with Wynne and he has been communicating with the parents so the team will move forward and make the best of it.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Coach Penn now on the Tampa staff.....good for him for finding something for this season
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Congrats to Coach Penn for landing a spot on the Tampa staff. Surprised the AD at FIT didn't have a non compete clause in place, at least for schools in the same conference for a year. Either, AD doesn't know is stuff or he thinks very poorly of Coach Penn and his abilities. Should be interesting to watch FIT and Tampa play 2x this season.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Hard to attach a non-compete to an outright firing. Maybe if they honored a contract or continued to pay, but when you just fire someone, they are pretty free to find other work unless something else is negotiated and part of a deal.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Good point! I guess the AD at FIT doesn't care that much.
Bob Lawblaw

Post by Bob Lawblaw »

jakester

Post by jakester »

Wow, this is a good hire for FIT. Brad has a lot of connections and should get some quality recruits. Tons of coaching experience and will connect well with the players.
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Not sure someone w no college coaching or recruiting experience w is a good move. Some quality candidates didn't even get an interview so this is a strange hire. Time will tell
Fandadof3laxers

Coach Penn had 70 kids on the roster. Recruiting was not a problem. They were winning, so that’s not the problem. The new AD hired a friend, we’ll see if that’s a problem.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I would have to pump the brakes on calling this a good hire. What type of coach takes a job after the season has started? Please, enlighten me. This mess is on the hands of the AD. Go Luck FIT up in NC.
jakester

Post by jakester »

No doubt there was some stupidity involved here with the AD. I agree that the firing was not warranted and extremely poor timing. I have no idea if the AD and HC are friends, but what I do know is that MacArthur has a ton of experience coaching at multiple levels (except NCAA granted). Coaching with numerous kids who have made it to the NCAA/Pro ranks and tons of box & field experience. All I mean by a good hire was that this HC has what it takes to succeed, which FIT needs after the AD screwup.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I’m not sure the AD and new coach were friends but their paths did cross at St Andrew’s in the mid 90’s. AD was assistant AD while new coach was a player at St Andrew’s. St. Andrew’s had a quality D2 program at that point with talented rosters so this definitely has the potential to be a good hire.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I'm sorry to be that guy. But this type of Bull S*** gives D2 lacrosse a black eye. This guy could be one of the the greatest guy in the world but he has no college coaching experience and he is jumping into a program that has been thru pre-season and now is travel to NC. Give me a brake!
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Ad is a total joke, fires a quality coach then opens search but after a few days HR says job is filled in email to qualified candidates . Then 1 month later hire someone w no college experience. Something doesn't smell right in FLA
Fandadof3laxers

An excellent OT win for the cats against a ranked BA team. New coach hanging out stage left taking notes. Wynne had them fighting to the end. Jitters in first quarter went away and the team looked good on both sides. Monday is another big test!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Good road win for FIT at BA, but BA's 7 goal lose to FS at home might make FIT win lose value. What's up with BA? Any insight?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:59 am Good road win for FIT at BA, but BA's 7 goal lose to FS at home might make FIT win lose value. What's up with BA? Any insight?
There must be some missing pieces, particularly on defense as multiple teams are putting up double digit totals (especially FSC and Stone). But the FIT result was certainly unexpected, given where the Abbey was last year. Coach Barrett has some work to do to keep BA on top of CC.
Fandadof3laxers

They drummed Flagler as expected, even with early 1q possession issues. 2 weeks to prepare for another ranked opponent in Seton.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Any Win is a good win for the FIT program. Should be interesting to see how this staff reacts when games are a little more challenging. Flagler looked ok for their first year of D2 competition. I would not be surprised to see some of these Florida players who are on other rosters think about transferring to Flagler. Can't see how sitting on the sideline with a team roster of 50+ players and not getting any quality PT makes sense at some of these mid-level D2 programs.Florida Southern looks like to the team to beat in the SSC. Go Rollins.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”