Looking forward to 2020

D1 Womens Lacrosse
8meterPA

Re: Looking forward to 2020

Post by 8meterPA »

not a mistake, I just went to the website. I guess they are trying to broaden their reading audience by including a HS senior in with accomplished college players. Kid is going to come into college with a ton of pressure, should be interesting to see how it plays out.
wlaxnut

Denver’s 2020 schedule

Post by wlaxnut »

wlaxnut

Interview with Charlotte North

Post by wlaxnut »

She seems like a level-headed young woman. Humble and team oriented. Looking forward to seeing what she does with the team and against the competition.

https://www.ftfnext.com/videos/charlott ... on-college
Batman

Post by Batman »

Thank You for Sharing. Wish Charlotte North All The Best.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:06 am A look at Maryland:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... pins/55514
After reading this, I’m a little more convinced that Maryland will have a hard time repeating. What did you think?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:06 am A look at Maryland:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... pins/55514
After reading this, I’m a little more convinced that Maryland will have a hard time repeating. What did you think?
Yeah, I think what I have already said: (1) I don't think they will repeat this year; too many key losses and too much to learn in the space of a season; (2) happily, they play in a tough conference and a good OOC schedule, so they will be able to measure themselves as the season progresses; and (3) if they make the semifinals,it'll be a real testament to Reese's coaching skills. I think for Maryland, no one will say it, but this year is a chalk mark on being in the championship mix in 2021, '22 and '23.

Finally, on the issue of "Maryland repeating," I also think this is UNC's year to win (and I'm a Syracuse fan). Take a look at its roster. They lose three contributors of consequence (no offense to any parents and daughters out there): Klages, Sofield and Bowe. Really good players, all totally replaceable and replaced, not merely by an excellent recruiting class, but by the boatloads of midfielders and athletes to step into those players' former roles.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:44 am
Finally, on the issue of "Maryland repeating," I also think this is UNC's year to win (and I'm a Syracuse fan). Take a look at its roster. They lose three contributors of consequence (no offense to any parents and daughters out there): Klages, Sofield and Bowe. Really good players, all totally replaceable and replaced, not merely by an excellent recruiting class, but by the boatloads of midfielders and athletes to step into those players' former roles.
I agree on UNC...they are the team to beat in my opinion.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

I have to agree on the Tar Heels being the favorite in 2020, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it if I was a betting man. Every once in a while they choke or don't show up for a big game, or however you want to say it. They choked away a 6-0 lead over BC in the semi's and had multiple opportunities to finish BC late in the game/OT but couldn't do it. They've also lost to some other teams they were arguably superior to in previous tournaments. I'd rather they not win it as I've said before. I want someone new from the Big 10 or ACC. We shall see.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

UNC has 2 NCAA Championships
And just won their 4th ACC title In a row.
How many championships does BC have?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Lax247 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:27 pm UNC has 2 NCAA Championships
And just won their 4th ACC title In a row.
How many championships does BC have?
You're assuming a lot here, Lax247. What's your point?
(And before you answer--you might refer to my many comments regarding BC over the last 8 months or so. It helps to have all the information before you come out guns a-blazing...)
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Assuming? Merely stating fact. In the past 6 years 2 NCAA championships and 4 ACC championships. This past ACC championship BC was killing UNC and “choked” up that lead and lost. Everyone loses games to teams they should beat at times. That’s not choking. It’s the way lax is. Further the NCAA semi game was a terrific game . Hardly a choke.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Lax247 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:36 pm Assuming? Merely stating fact. In the past 6 years 2 NCAA championships and 4 ACC championships.

The past 7 years--not 6. And yes--Assuming--that you know/understand where I'm coming from and what my opinions are about BC, UNC, the game of lacrosse, etc. from one post.

This past ACC championship BC was killing UNC and “choked” up that lead and lost.

Absolutely, I agree--BC choked the game away to UNC in the ACC final this year.

Everyone loses games to teams they should beat at times. That’s not choking. It’s the way lax is. Further the NCAA semi game was a terrific game . Hardly a choke.

I choose to call it a choke--AND a great game. I know all about UNC's dominance and BC's failure to win in championship games. If you had read my many posts on the topic, you would have known that. And my assessment that UNC choked against BC and other teams is my Opinion. You have your opinions--I have mine. I believe defending champion UNC (seeded #2) choked in losing to unseeded Navy in the 2017 quarterfinals. That's my Opinion. If I want to refer to it as a choke--that's my right as a member on this here great LaxPower Back-Up Stick forum, and as a citizen of these here United States of America.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

We’re very lucky as fans that so many teams are capable of winning the championship in 2020. UNC, Syracuse, Maryland, Northwestern, BC, Stony Brooke et all are all capable. You can’t rule out anybody since we don’t know who the superstars are who will appear this year. UNC bringing back so much of there team, Syracuse developing superstar players, Maryland having the best class of this year, BC getting superstar transfers etc. I don’t rule any team out.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

That's a great way to look at it. And I agree--we are very lucky fans. In many respects, I consider this the early stage of the golden years of women's div 1 lacrosse.
wlaxnut

High Point Panthers release 2020 schedule

Post by wlaxnut »

The Panthers have again scheduled some big games against some strong opponents: UNC, Florida, Duke, Johns Hopkins, JMU, et al.

https://highpointpanthers.com/news/2019 ... edule.aspx

https://highpointpanthers.com/sports/wo ... e/schedule
crusader

Post by crusader »

Very smart-they beat JHU and lost by 1 to Fla last year . You only get better playing good teams and SOS is helpful for rankings. They have no competition in the conference anymore.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

crusader wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:11 am Very smart-they beat JHU and lost by 1 to Fla last year . You only get better playing good teams and SOS is helpful for rankings. They have no competition in the conference anymore.
I agree. With the lack of competition in the conference and the strength of their schedule, they are pretty much a shoe-in to The Tournament. That was a very competitive and nasty game last year versus Florida.

https://youtu.be/FapkGKIF0BI
wlaxnut

Princeton’s 2020 schedule

Post by wlaxnut »

Princeton’s annual game vs Maryland is at Princeton this year. That could be a potential loss for the Terps. Not a tremendously compelling schedule aside from that.

https://goprincetontigers.com/sports/wo ... e/schedule
wlaxnut

Navy’s 2020 schedule

Post by wlaxnut »

Some pretty tough games this season:

Virginia, Duke, at Maryland, at Florida, Georgetown, last game vs Loyola

https://navysports.com/schedule.aspx?path=wlax

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”