PLL Launch (Saturday and Sunday, June 1 and 2)

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
Typical Lax Dad

Re: PLL Launch (Saturday and Sunday, June 1 and 2)

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

TheBigIguana wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 am
DMac wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:00 am
Mr3Putt wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:23 pm What happen to Miles Jones? Not a good player. Trying to push him as a starter. Turns it over, cant hit a Barn w the lacrosse ball.
Oh my, criticizing Mr. Jones??? Just a word to the wise, Mr. Putt, be careful how you choose your words. Not only will you be told you know nothing about lacrosse when criticizing Mr. Jones, you'll likely be labeled a racist as well.
I've seen Mr. Jones play live twice and a couple of more times on TV and every time I've seen him, I've seen what you saw. This is a highly overrated lacrosse player who does not give you an honest effort on a lacrosse field. A very heavy footed player who lacks speed and is pretty much a one faceted player who only wants to play one phase of the game. Despite the hype, that's what I've seen. Agree with TLD though, assists is the strongest part of his game (on days when he feels like playing he can be a force in that respect).
You know who is a really good midfielder that I believe to be very much under appreciated? Connor Buczek.
Rabil takes a lot of the hype on his team but Buczek has been much better thus far.
Rabil is trying to sell the league. Buczek is really good. I first saw him as a soph in college and thought “who is that!?”
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:23 pm What happen to Miles Jones? Not a good player. Trying to push him as a starter. Turns it over, cant hit a Barn w the lacrosse ball.
Oh my, criticizing Mr. Jones??? Just a word to the wise, Mr. Putt, be careful how you choose your words. Not only will you be told you know nothing about lacrosse when criticizing Mr. Jones, you'll likely be labeled a racist as well.
I've seen Mr. Jones play live twice and a couple of more times on TV and every time I've seen him, I've seen what you saw. This is a highly overrated lacrosse player who does not give you an honest effort on a lacrosse field. A very heavy footed player who lacks speed and is pretty much a one faceted player who only wants to play one phase of the game. Despite the hype, that's what I've seen. Agree with TLD though, assists is the strongest part of his game (on days when he feels like playing he can be a force in that respect).
You know who is a really good midfielder that I believe to be very much under appreciated? Connor Buczek.
Rabil takes a lot of the hype on his team but Buczek has been much better thus far.
Rabil is trying to sell the league. Buczek is really good. I first saw him as a soph in college and thought “who is that!?”
I have a man crush on Schreiber. I fell in love with Princeton because of his play, just the consummate lacrosse player.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm
I have a man crush on Schreiber. I fell in love with Princeton because of his play, just the consummate lacrosse player.

Tom is one of the best lacrosse players I have ever seen. Just remarkable. He is really unique. Speed is deceptive. The first time I saw him open it up in person I was stunned. He just doesn’t look like he would be that fast. As great a lacrosse player he is, he is equally as good a person. A complete team player.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

I think that’s a little strong. He is a very good player. Are u talking field or other versions ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone going to be at games tomorrow evening in DC?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Mr3Putt wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:52 pm I think that’s a little strong. He is a very good player. Are u talking field or other versions ?
Field. he is one of those players that the more you see him the more you realize just how good a player he is. He plays a different game from midfield. Vision is remarkable.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

[/quote]
You are right, the league is left leaning. I guess that may marginalize some fans. If you are growing something be less political. I would like to watch sports without being preached at.
[/quote]

Agreed

ITMFA: On laptop in article below: I had no idea what that meant. Make your own decision on which way the league is leaning or pushing hard.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2019/05/ ... artups-nbc

On another note: The league motto is "We the Players." I'm not a player I'm a fan so I guess I won't be interested.
Typical Lax Dad

Uppity wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm
You are right, the league is left leaning. I guess that may marginalize some fans. If you are growing something be less political. I would like to watch sports without being preached at.
[/quote]

Agreed

ITMFA: On laptop in article below: I had no idea what that meant. Make your own decision on which way the league is leaning or pushing hard.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2019/05/ ... artups-nbc

On another note: The league motto is "We the Players." I'm not a player I'm a fan so I guess I won't be interested.
[/quote]

Bye Felicia.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”