New England West 2024

HS Boys Lacrosse
justanotherperson

Re: New England West 2024

Post by justanotherperson »

Sportin' Life wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am I'd be shocked if AOF loses to Taft today but I was shocked when the Winged Beavers beat DA on Sat. I think 'wick and L'ville can be confident in booking plans for the Prep Nationals final on Sun. LC vs CRH is a repeat of last season when the Pelicans went on the road to beat the Wild Boars in the last regular season game and then beat them at home in the FL tourney semi-finals three days later. No doubt CRH has this in the back of its mind and would like to flip the script this season.
SL, did you mean to say you would be shocked if AOF "beats" Taft and not "loses to" Taft or do you gots some insider information :lol:

Wick Lville rematch will be delicious.

Some great games also going on in Maryland at the National Prep Championship. Man, I wish all the teams would get together and play each other

https://victoryeventseries.com/national-prep/
justanotherperson

tyxandersbackup wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:24 am FL is H2H unless it is a 3 way tie. Then it goes to GA not PD. A 3 way tie is almost impossible unless Avon loses.

Taft is guranteed the 1 seed. Loomis is 2 seed unless they lose to Choate today. Choate posted on Insta that it has secured a spot so there is no way they do not make the tournament. Leaves 1 spot remaining for TP, Hkiss and AOF.

Wild card scenario is AOF loses and Hkiss beats TP. Then all 3 would be tied at 3-4 in league. Since it is not an A beat B, B beat C and C beat A scenario, AOF should be on outside looking in as they lost to both Hkiss and TP. So in this scenario I believe that Hkiss gets in with H2H over TP and AOF.

If TP wins they are in. Only team that can control their destiny from my vantage point.

If AOF wins and Hkiss wins, AOF goes through for final spot.

If AOF loses and HKiss wins, Hkiss goes through for final spot.

Seems like FL should post something about rules so we all know more about what's going on!

Excited to see Bury vs. DA today. Not sure if I would want to win that game or lose that game. Winner gets L'ville and loser gets Wick. Can either Bury or DA compete with wick and L'ville??

Choate Loomis could be a great case of holding cards close to your chest knowing that you will almost definitely see each other in the first round of FL playoffs.

Millbrook Berkshire should be a good one. Can Millbrook win another D1 game? Is Berkshire ready to bounce back and compete?

Another big D2 game for 2nd place between Albany Academy and Gunnery. I'll take AA -5 in this one.
Sorry to gum up the discussion with scenarios but there is a pathway for Choate to NOT make the winners bracket

If Choate loses and both TP and AOF win they will all be tied at 4-3. If Choate loses by a large margin, they could be out if TP / AOF keep their GA down
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

justanotherperson wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:59 am
Sportin' Life wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am I'd be shocked if AOF loses to Taft today but I was shocked when the Winged Beavers beat DA on Sat. I think 'wick and L'ville can be confident in booking plans for the Prep Nationals final on Sun. LC vs CRH is a repeat of last season when the Pelicans went on the road to beat the Wild Boars in the last regular season game and then beat them at home in the FL tourney semi-finals three days later. No doubt CRH has this in the back of its mind and would like to flip the script this season.
SL, did you mean to say you would be shocked if AOF "beats" Taft and not "loses to" Taft or do you gots some insider information :lol:

Wick Lville rematch will be delicious.

Some great games also going on in Maryland at the National Prep Championship. Man, I wish all the teams would get together and play each other

https://victoryeventseries.com/national-prep/
Yes I did! Typing faster than my brain was working.
Finish Strong
grelch

Post by grelch »

Salisbury can go under .500 if they lose to Deerfield. I can't remember the last time that's happened.

Just checked in on the game and Deerfield is up by 8 in the 4th. No color.
Last edited by grelch on Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ausus

Post by ausus »

Loomis over Choate 16-7… ran away with it in the second half. Noticed that the Pelicans were missing their Ohio State commit on Defense. Anyone have info?
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

A few more scores:

Taft 8, AOF 4
TP 7, Hotchkiss 4
DA 18, Salisbury 11
Westy 17, Williston 8
Finish Strong
tyxandersbackup

Post by tyxandersbackup »

FL playoffs:

Taft vs TP (-5 Taft)
Loomis vs Choate (-6 Loomis)

TP would be only surprise victory. Loomis feels like they have more pieces.

Salisbury under .500 for first time in 10+ years.

AOF misses playoffs for first time since they started. Is this new coach able to win big games??
justanotherperson

Most results posted so wont rehash:

- interested in Choate Loomis game. According to the tiebreaker rules Choate would not have had the playoff sealed. In fact if AOF actually won, they would have claimed the 4th spot based on the tie breaker with TP taking the third. Is the OSU defense commit OK? He's a beast.
- able to swing by the AOF game for a little. AOF goalie was standing on his head and the defense played very well. Game was a little closer than the score as Taft scored the majority of their goals on transition due to failed AOF clears. AOF turnovers were very high and was simple passing and catching woes.
- Kent in its closest loss to a down Canterbury team (9-15)
- Millbrook making its case to move up to the Premier League with its close loss to Berkshire (10-13)
- In a mild upset Gunnery beats Albany (13-12)

I suspect we will see a Taft Loomis rematch as I dont suspect any upsets
-Taft v TP (Taft -4.5)
-Loomis v Choate in the quick turnaround rematch (Loomis -4.5)
In the bottom bracket, it will be AOF v Westy and HKiss v Kent?

Friday 5/17 we have the Prep Nationals and I suspect it will be Wick v Lville in a rematch on Sunday
-LVille v Deerfield (Lville -6.5)
-Wich v Salisbury (Wick -6.5)

And if anyone is interested:
-Today FAA final: King vs GCDS (GCDS by 1)
-Today HouVAL Final: Harvey v Williams (Harvey by 2)
-5/18 HudVAL Final: Not sure as results not posted yet but suspect Woodhall v Marvelwood (M'Wood by 1)
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

grelch wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:06 pm Salisbury can go under .500 if they lose to Deerfield. I can't remember the last time that's happened.

Just checked in on the game and Deerfield is up by 8 in the 4th. No color.
A bit of color for what it's worth. Was able to stop by the Pocumtuck valley for the first time in too long and take in the game. DA seemed to have just a little bit more juice here, there and everywhere on the field in this particular tilt. Really liked the "one more pass" mentality of the offense which resulted in some decent shot opportunities for a player becoming an assist because their pass went to a teammate who had a much higher percentage opportunity. Lots of hard hitting, good scrappy play, good riding, and creativity on both sides. Strong, fast, and high lax IQ kids all over the field wearing both uniforms.

4th quarter the field tilted downhill for DA and they pulled away with some fun fast breaks that ended up in the net. Good shot placements on this day. Some good saves by DA goalie especially.

One particular Salisbury assistant coach might need meds. Thought the guy was gonna spontaneously combust at one point. Refs seemed decent+ with no egregious tilting of the scale as best as I could tell. Let them play and hit hard.

Gotta love the grass field, which is tucked into an odd corner of the lower level as both the Jim Smith football field and adjacent Jamie Kapteyn '79 memorial field are scraped to dirt. RIP, Jamie. Played on the team with him my Soph (his Senior) year. Passed away at 45 in 2007 having come back to DA to teach/coach years earlier. Anyways, not sure what the plan is for the fields. Field turf? Nooooo...

All in all a pleasure to stop in check out some lax, then wander around the campus seeing some old haunts and lots of shiny new bricks, too. Days of glory and all that. Was Senior spring really 43 years ago? Those pesky sands of time flying through the hourglass are more relentless than an Eamon McEneaney ride...
justanotherperson

Some non NEW1 news

-Williams beats Harvey, in a mild upset as Harvey had easily won the 1st 2 matchups, to take the HouVAL and NEW3 "top spot"
-King beats GCDS (in a game I got wrong) to win the NEW2 "day school" FAA championship

Congrats to both teams!

Prep Nationals at 5 and 7:30 PM tonight!
grelch

Post by grelch »

grelch

Post by grelch »

Seems like every player on Lawrenceville is a great shooter. Every shot hits a dime. It must be so hard to play against this team. There are no weaknesses.
tyxandersbackup

Post by tyxandersbackup »

grelch wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:50 pm Seems like every player on Lawrenceville is a great shooter. Every shot hits a dime. It must be so hard to play against this team. There are no weaknesses.
Pure domination. Their full court press is insane. Caused so many turnovers.

Will wick do the same??
grelch

Post by grelch »

4-1after 1. Looked like Wick were going to run away with it early in the qtr but Salisbury tightened up and kept them off the board for the last 6 minutes. That Brunswick defense is good though. Salisbury is having a hard time getting clean shots off.

5-4 Wick at the half. That was by far the best I've seen Salisbury defend all season. Causing turnovers and getting fast breaks out of it. They held Wick to one goal for a qtr and a half. It's a big ask to keep it going for another 2 quarters but a really good showing from Sarum in the first half.

3rd qtr and Salisbury's made some unforced errors. You can't make those against Wick. They've taken advantage and found their groove. 9-4 Wick with 3 to go.

12-6 final. Thought it was a good game. Felt like it was closer than that. The difference was a few mistakes made here and there that the top team in the nation punishes. Looking forward to the Lawrenceville rematch. Should be a great one.
justanotherperson

As much as I would like Wick to win the rematch, I think Lville is going to win the revenge game as they look so good and I have some questions about the Wick offense being able to keep up with Lvile's offense

Fitting game and predictable final 2 for best 2 teams in the country (which will always be debatable until we get a national tournament)

HKiss v Kent canceled. Season done for both
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Rhinos beat TP 10-5. Things got chippy at the end. FL Championship played on Wednesday -- probably in Watertown(?)

edit: The Pelicans also beat the Wild Boars 10-5 and will visit the Rhinos on Wednesday.
justanotherperson

Loomis v Taft is the rematch we deserve. Same for Wick v LVille

Chippiness all around the region. Swung by a meaningless AOF Westy consolation game which was also very chippy mostly due to Westy - very poor sports in their loss. Result: AOF backups 14 beat the Westy starters 13

Running out of games to post but in some other games around the region:
- Middlesex upsets St Sebs 10-9
- Millbrook beats Albany in the rematch to the rematch in the WNESSLA 14-6
- Gunnery beats Pomfret to wim the Colonial Tournament 13-4
- Berkhshire with a surprise upset over Andover 18-11
- Marvelwood claims the NEW3 HudVAL championship over Woodhall 17-8

In the "other" tournament:
- Malvern beats culver 11-6
- Westtown PA upsets Hill 15-14
- Haverford beats Western Reserve 8-5
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Championship game for prep nationals

https://events.locallive.tv/events/139559
coda

Post by coda »

14-5 Lawrenceville… National Champs
PhishFall97

Post by PhishFall97 »

The Big Red again..... Just a super talented group of kids that play hard and create absolute match up nightmares... Had always enjoyed the DA vs Lville game for YEARS, due to the location being a neutral site, and the one game I could attend most seasons.. How long will this run last for the big red.... I don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

Be worthy...

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”