D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Lax1

Re: 2021 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse DRAFT

Post by Lax1 »

I’ll take Princeton D/luck of the draw most likely
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

you can see the Draft on page one of this thread in the original post or, in a nicer format, you can seem it here: https://fanlax.com/2021/02/08/d1-men-20 ... sse-draft/.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:58 pm you can see the Draft on page one of this thread in the original post or, in a nicer format, you can seem it here: https://fanlax.com/2021/02/08/d1-men-20 ... sse-draft/.
When is add/drop?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Now ;)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 pm When is add/drop?
It's 9:38 PM EST. At 10 PM EST, you can add and drop players. Just post your add/drops in this thread. At 12 PM (Noon) EST on Tuesday, February 9th, all Rosters are frozen.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

drop: Emmett Barger SO A Notre Dame
add: Dean Ford SO M Fairfield
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

drop: Johnny Marrocco JR A Denver
add: Jack Thomas JR A/M UMBC
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Drop: Devin Spencer UMASS Attack
Add: Carter Henry Yale Midfielder
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Drop Pete Fiorini
Add Bryson Rhee-FR Navy M
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

This and that

Clarification: some rosters ID a player as A/M. Some players have been listed as A/M when their rosters ID them as A only. Can a player be a little bit pregnant? That is can an A qualify as M if they spend a minute inverting or come off and then go back on but stay at M for that shift etc?

My worst draft ever. It starts with 50% or depending 66% of my roster either not playing or being downgraded in likely pts total. Gaudier and Tevlin starters not playing. Jackson Morrill won’t get his past numbers at Denver

Yale, Cornell and Pton likely not playing Yale for sure. What does that do to their franchise over the next couple of years?

Hopkins looks out of step with the B1G right now. If they don’t play they will likely be booted. Which might suit the Pres. I like Grimes but he is a Mid on the U-19 so a couple risks there.

Ohmi sent a dagger with his first pick in front of me. It was obvious but still. Pesko was my second pick target but another dagger. My third from OSU I like and got but who knows. If I am the ACC I am loving it. Will Hopkins be able to get traditional games back?

I was going to do add/drop here but now that I think about it I am having second thoughts. Still have 5 hours
Last edited by OCanada on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:41 am ...My worst draft ever...
fwiw, i think most every, if not every, coach feels the same. I've always felt that our silly league mirrors the real NCAAs in some way and this has proven to be true with Corona. Lots of destruction. Players transferring, underperforming, lots of doubts and chaos, etc. For years, with our squads, we've created systems with order and predictability and... Gone. Normalcy will return but, right now, you're not alone.
Caddy Day
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Drop Mike tangredi army fr M
Add Brady Strough M Fr Fairfield
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:41 am This and that

Clarification: some rosters ID a player as A/M. Some players have been listed as A/M when their rosters ID them as A only. Can a player be a little bit pregnant? That is can an A qualify as M if they spend a minute inverting or come off and then go back on but stay at M for that shift etc?

My worst draft ever. It starts with 50% or depending 66% of my roster either not playing or being downgraded in likely pts total. Gaudier and Tevlin starters not playing. Jackson Morrill won’t get his past numbers at Denver

Yale, Cornell and Pton likely not playing Yale for sure. What does that do to their franchise over the next couple of years?

Hopkins looks out of step with the B1G right now. If they don’t play they will likely be booted. Which might suit the Pres. I like Grimes but he is a Mid on the U-19 so a couple risks there.

Ohmi sent a dagger with his first pick in front of me. It was obvious but still. Pesko was my second pick target but another dagger. My third from OSU I like and got but who knows. If I am the ACC I am loving it. Will Hopkins be able to get traditional games back?

I was going to do add/drop here but now that I think about it I am having second thoughts. Still have 5 hours
I like the upside of your OSU Canadian guy, he’s a big kid just need to get a bit faster for D1 level.

I was eyeing a Canadian player at another club but too little information about him to know if he is any good,so I’ve gone strough instead hoping he can be at least half as good as his brother. I didn’t wanna drop anyone in my squad but I know less about Tangredi
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:54 pm Coyne
Are you adding Coyne?
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:41 am ...My worst draft ever...
fwiw, i think most every, if not every, coach feels the same. I've always felt that our silly league mirrors the real NCAAs in some way and this has proven to be true with Corona. Lots of destruction. Players transferring, underperforming, lots of doubts and chaos, etc. For years, with our squads, we've created systems with order and predictability and... Gone. Normalcy will return but, right now, you're not alone.
I think I've always done better with the drafts on one night. Maybe I prepare more than most here (it doesn't show with my first round picks). Midfield was a big hole going into the draft, and I think I've filled it pretty well, plus Xander Dickson getting middie runs helps.

We'll see how Hiltz performs. I'm not worried about this season for him. I have plenty of other attackmen. Once Rehfuss moves on Hiltz should have that lefty spot all his own. I was deciding between Hiltz and Grimes for #2 overall. I felt Hiltz might have a more balanced game with goals and assists. Grimes is an awesome shooter.

A couple interesting notes on the draft:
There was a run of ex-Syracuse commits at #'s 38-40 with Carter Parlette, Pat Skalniak and Marquez White. They weren't the only ex-Syracuse commits drafted either. Russ Maher was drafted #54.

The number of lefty attackmen in this class is really crazy. The first 4 picks are lefties. Then, Bertrand, Daniel Kelly, McIntosh, Koras, Luke Blanc, Cam Rubin, Russ Maher, Cam Chauvette, Gerard Kane. I'm sure I'm missing some.

I'm not familiar with all the attackmen in the class, but the only attackman I'm familiar with that seems like a true QB-style x-attackman is T.J. Haley. I didn't want to draft him at #2, but I'm curious how he'll do. Casey McDermott might be another in that style, but he'll be behind Epstein for a couple years at least.

I liked Peshko from JHU. He put up a lot of points in the jr. A box circuit. I was surprised when he wasn't on IL's newest Power 100, then I was surprised when he got drafted #8 overall.

I think PAtalk has an inside source at Navy.

Other interesting picks:
David Anderson at #12 - I think he'll be very good, but he won't be playing this season.
Dylan Hess at #19 might be a steal. He looks really good.
Andrew Dalton and Rory Graham were both interesting, but I really had no idea where they'd get drafted.
Gerard Kane at #62 could be an amazing steal.
I was thrilled to get Liam Ferris at 77
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

corona or not, I'm enjoying our all putting down our bets (on players) during the Draft and then... We wait and see. some pan out, some do not. and, often, what pans out is very different than what we expect. though, ohmi, i have to admit, your comments on these players seem to be pretty solid comments. i think you're right about each of these players. until Leadmon becomes a d-mid. or whatever else comes up. :) i'm very curious to see what stories lie ahead his season.
Caddy Day
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

It is a weird year, but a fun draft. I was mainly drafting for next year based on what positions I lose this year and roster needs. I am not so confident that an entire season happens (hence my taking...gross...PSU D with my last pick and picking need positions with the first 3).

As for my Picks...Peshko and Graham are both BIG boys and on the Canadian U-19 National team. Peshko gets John Grant Jr. coaching him...I also really wanted David Anderson (amazing bloodlines there) but had a feeling he wouldn't slip.

As for Davis Lindsey...I try to grab a North Carolina boy whenever I hear one will get PT. Hearing Lindsey will start either at attack or on the 1st midfield. We will see.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

nclaxin wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:02 am ...hence my taking...gross...PSU D...
Many years ago, I was burned badly by having Hofstra D. I very much don't like having a bad D. But, like you, it was hard for me to justify picking up a D when a good freshman was standing right there because... What is going to happen this season? We had the Draft. That's a good thing. But... What is going to happen this season? For sure there'll be games. the question is, Will we be losing teams/games throughout the season? If the answer is, yes, then we'll deal with it as fans but as a Fantasy League, I'm unsure how we'll deal with "Sorry, fellas! All players from Fairfield and Towson get 0 Points this week!"
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:24 am corona or not, I'm enjoying our all putting down our bets (on players) during the Draft and then... We wait and see. some pan out, some do not. and, often, what pans out is very different than what we expect. though, ohmi, i have to admit, your comments on these players seem to be pretty solid comments. i think you're right about each of these players. until Leadmon becomes a d-mid. or whatever else comes up. :) i'm very curious to see what stories lie ahead his season.
Leadmon was kind of a blind pick when I got him. I'd seen highlights, and I liked his size and speed, then he was getting playing time right away for Duke. It seemed like it would really work out for me, which I need because Griffin Cook isn't setting the world on fire with his scoring, only his riding, and Xander Dickson wasn't getting much playing time. Leadmon's certainly talented, but the days of alley dodgers getting lots of points are behind us for a while. Now that Duke is "loaded" on offense, Leadmon is getting SSDM runs. Duke still needs to figure some stuff out on offense, but I'm pretty confident they'll be great by May.

Now Dickson is playing some middie and looks good. I need him to score, because Brennan Kamish may just be an SSDM for Rutgers. I'm going to post my roster with the positions that I think my guys should be classified as.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:02 am I think PAtalk has an inside source at Navy.
No inside source here but I do like the Academy players and have had solid luck drafting those pools. Swanson looks like a top end D1 midfielder in the making and he should see time early. My draft was all about midfield with TJ Haley being the only attack man we considered, if Swanson wasn't available. Kumar can shoot and looks like a D1 midfielder but will he see meaningful time before Jr year? Swindell was an easy plug and play pick versus another guess in round 4. Will recycle next year with hopefully more info.

Other players on the list were
Andy Dalton
Pat Skanliak
Marquez White
Carter Henry

We had a very short list, with no real attack focus. So little info. If you look at the new top 100 list it's almost identical to the 3019 version.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”