GoTerriers8

Re: Centennial Conference 2023

Post by GoTerriers8 »

HomerCoach wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:19 am
ChopMan23 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:22 am
laxrules wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:03 am
GoTerriers8 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:23 pm Way too early Rankings:

1/2- Dickinson and Swarthmore
Dickinson experienced yet graduated a lot. Swarthmore graduated nothing, but have only experienced 1 playoffs.

3- Gettysburg
Graduated everything, but must have still talent

4-Muhlenburg
Graduated everything as well

5- F&M
Experienced coaches, mostly experienced team, tough to see Garafolo leave

6-Haverford
Some young bright spots last year, hopefully new coach works well

7/8- WAC and McDaniel
WAC Graduated the little they had, McDaniel graduated a bit but stars on offense return, almost cracked a few games last year.

Thoughts?
Is Ursinus not playing lacrosse this year?
Dickinson
Swat
Gburg
F&M
Mules
Wac
Ursinus
Hav
McD

Is it true Plunkett may be departing Allentown?
No
Heard there was a large amount of push back from Muhlenberg AD after the disappointing season. Lots of eggs in the seniors basket, now they are all gone. Plunkett not leaving, appears to be in the hot seat. Believe Stone wants the position, if not may leave in coming seasons.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

GoTerriers8 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:13 pm

Dickinson experienced yet graduated a lot. Swarthmore graduated nothing, but have only experienced 1 playoffs.

3- Gettysburg

4-Muhlenburg

5- F&M

6-Haverford

7/8- WAC and McDaniel
WAC Graduated the little they had, McDaniel graduated a bit but stars on offense return, almost cracked a few games last year.

Thoughts?
Dickinson
Swat
Gburg
F&M
Mules
Wac
Ursinus
Hav
McD

No
Heard there was a large amount of push back from Muhlenberg AD after the disappointing season. Lots of eggs in the seniors basket, now they are all gone. Plunkett not leaving, appears to be in the hot seat. Believe Stone wants the position, if not may leave in coming seasons.
Interesting take but I cannot see this as remotely accurate. Muhlenberg had been the conference punching bag for years until Plunkett arrived. Back to back conferences playoff appearances does not put him on the hot seat based on this program’s historical record. Stone is the conferences best assistant and I’m surprised he had not departed for an hc job but the idea of firing your hc because your unhappy with performance to hire the long time assistant seems a bit shortsighted. Mules will be in a transition year like many teams in the conference, I could see them as high as 3 and as low as 7 in the final standings. Time will tell
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

GoTerriers8 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:13 pm

3- Gettysburg

4-Muhlenburg

5- F&M

6-Haverford

7/8- WAC and McDaniel

Thoughts?
Dickinson
Swat
Gburg
F&M
Mules
Wac
Ursinus
Hav
McD

No
:lol: :lol: :lol: this is hilarious.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Is Brandu back for Dickinson? If no who takes his spot in the cage?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I believe he has one more year. Whether or not he uses it I don't know. The Dickinson 2023 roster has him listed as a Senior. He started at Georgetown in 2018 :shock: He was fun to watch but from a Gettysburg perspective I won't be sad to see him gol
kirbysmart14

Post by kirbysmart14 »

This year will be the most competitive the Centennial Conference has been from top to bottom in recent memory.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

kirbysmart14 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:07 pm This year will be the most competitive the Centennial Conference has been from top to bottom in recent memory.
This is wrong. Dickinson will continue to be at the top as they return their entire attack line. Swarthmore should stay at the top as they graduated nobody. Dickinson and Muhlenburg lose everything. F&M lose garafolo, Ursinus lose Neal, WAC lose what they had.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

GoTerriers8 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:01 am
kirbysmart14 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:07 pm This year will be the most competitive the Centennial Conference has been from top to bottom in recent memory.
This is wrong. Dickinson will continue to be at the top as they return their entire attack line. Swarthmore should stay at the top as they graduated nobody. Dickinson and Muhlenburg lose everything. F&M lose garafolo, Ursinus lose Neal, WAC lose what they had.
I think Dickinson will be ahead of the rest of the conference but I do not count out any other CC teams in beating them. Swat should be right behind on the upward trend but just because they had a record year last year doesn't mean they will do it again.... i.e. Muhlenberg in 2021. I do hope they continue off of last years success because it has made this conference even more competitive.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Swarthmore is interesting. But I think the jury is still out on how good Swarthmore actually is. They have only beaten 1 ranked team the last 4 years. That team is Gettysburg, are they that good or do they just have Gettysburgs number? The moment was clearly too big for them when they got to the NCAA tournament and while many believed it was a strong and very deep Centennial last year, ultimately the league was really exposed come NCAA tournament time - Dickinson was excellent.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

Believe Muhlenburg was ranked when the beat them. Possibly Roanoke and Stockton.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

Anyone know anything about the McDaniel HC history n team development? Will they continue getting better?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”