Nike Signs Kaep

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: Nike Signs Kaep

Post by DMac »

CU88 wrote
Will this practice spread?

Mark Cuban has directed the Dallas Mavericks to stop playing the national anthem before games

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... hem-cuban/
Hope so, suggested this a looooong time ago, good for Mark. It's time to stop making a spectacle out of the national anthem, use this one instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlHdd1zKP4
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:20 am
CU88 wrote
Will this practice spread?

Mark Cuban has directed the Dallas Mavericks to stop playing the national anthem before games

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... hem-cuban/
Hope so, suggested this a looooong time ago, good for Mark. It's time to stop making a spectacle out of the national anthem, use this one instead.
I agree.

Singing “anthems” and worshipping flags? Are we all stadium rock fans?

Just like ostentatious religious piety — keep it to yourself. Contribute to your local community in a positive fashion instead.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:20 am

All those antigovernment fascists who rioted thanks to traitor tRUMP should make that their anthem as police are part of the government they oppose. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How many of you Kaepernick lovers are going to put in an order for his new SPAC which is being brought public?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/colin-kaep ... 71?mod=mhp
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 am How many of you Kaepernick lovers are going to put in an order for his new SPAC which is being brought public?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/colin-kaep ... 71?mod=mhp
Serious question, doesn't "everyone" have a SPAC these days?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Pretty much. It’s become about personalities not business. And a back for way for some of these companies to get public with limited disclosures and exactly 1 perspective in value (the SPAC sponsor vs an IPO where you build a book by full disclosure and then true price discovery - hence We work is trying to get public through a SPAC).

ESG is hot and cynically it could work out as a trade but why would you “save” (investing is a form of savings) your earnings from working through a vehicle run by a former NFL player who hasn’t demonstrated any shred of business acumen to date. Sign of the times.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 pm Pretty much. It’s become about personalities not business. And a back for way for some of these companies to get public with limited disclosures and exactly 1 perspective in value (the SPAC sponsor vs an IPO where you build a book by full disclosure and then true price discovery - hence We work is trying to get public through a SPAC).

ESG is hot and cynically it could work out as a trade but why would you “save” (investing is a form of savings) your earnings from working through a vehicle run by a former NFL player who hasn’t demonstrated any shred of business acumen to date. Sign of the times.
Given the cult of Trump, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing should surprise anyone when it comes to people supporting incompetence or lack of know how.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:42 pm Pretty much. It’s become about personalities not business. And a back for way for some of these companies to get public with limited disclosures and exactly 1 perspective in value (the SPAC sponsor vs an IPO where you build a book by full disclosure and then true price discovery - hence We work is trying to get public through a SPAC).

Given the cult of Trump, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing should surprise anyone when it comes to people supporting incompetence or lack of know how.
Oh I’m not surprised by the roll out. Sort of surprised this SPAC book has gone this far as clearly it’s a backdoor way to get public and for investors they have a better shot at an allocation going into a blind pool than in an IPO process but at least Billy Beane’s SPAC was looking to buy a sports team. This one is nominally focused on ESG companies which has been bastardized so as to include some less environmentally friendly businesses. SPACs used to be a dirty business, can see why a Cantor Fitzgerald is a leave table leader (or near top) rather than the traditional firms.

It’s all cult of personality stuff. The Hindenburg research piece on Clover Health is quite interesting involving a former Facebook exec that the community it’s swears like he is Graham or Fisher.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/clover/
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Oh I’m not surprised by the roll out. Sort of surprised this SPAC book has gone this far as clearly it’s a backdoor way to get public and for investors they have a better shot at an allocation going into a blind pool than in an IPO process but at least Billy Beane’s SPAC was looking to buy a sports team. This one is nominally focused on ESG companies which has been bastardized so as to include some less environmentally friendly businesses. SPACs used to be a dirty business, can see why a Cantor Fitzgerald is a leave table leader (or near top) rather than the traditional firms.

It’s all cult of personality stuff. The Hindenburg research piece on Clover Health is quite interesting involving a former Facebook exec that the community it’s swears like he is Graham or Fisher.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/clover/
I had not looked into it. Thanks for the info.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s the guy who took Social Finance public. chalamath or something like that. He just slaps his name on a SPAC, has a Ibank bring him an auction style business for sale and then get a huge cut for slapping his name on it. At least a “Trump” bldg has tangible assets, these are operating businesses where value is strictly from cash flow (obviously every asset value is a function of the highest and best use discounted cash flow analysis, but in cycles assets swing beyond intrinsic cash flow value often-its been said the GM building has never made any of its owners from cash flow but solely from the “terminal value” flip). Not a defense of trump but I can look at sales comparables and replacement cost and derive a value absent DCF/Income capitalization approach that cannot be done on an operating business-hence one should rarely trust equity that is represented by goodwill and other intangibles,they often get written off over time.
See Martin, Malcolm
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I crashed the fence at SPAC in 1988 to see the Dead. Don't remember much of the show...high times.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Got an old long term girlfriend pregnant (not sure exactly that two day stretch but decent probability) there during a Dave Matthews show and some related camping in the late 90s while we were in college that nearly ruined my life. Good times.
See Martin, Malcolm
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:02 am Got an old long term girlfriend pregnant (not sure exactly that two day stretch but decent probability) there during a Dave Matthews show and some related camping in the late 90s while we were in college that nearly ruined my life. Good times.
If you went to a Dave Matthews concert you got what you deserved.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

At that point it was waning for me. Has gotten into that small cohort of jam or folk/folk rock bands (Dave while stil this CVille based band, early blues traveler, rusted root while they still had the hot blonde-Jen Wertz, oh if had developed my degeneracy earlier in life she might have gotten a restraining order against me, Phish, few others) early 90s, something lie 92-93, somewhere around a year or so after Crash Dane out and first year of the life of Before These Crowded Streets (98-99) where they are doing stadiums and similar venues and it’s turned into a good “bring my girlfriend or wife to a show and feed her some wine and I’ve bought 4-10 months of goodwill” show to go to. This was end of summer of ‘99 where we had been living that summer in a basement in Pearl River but would get out a lot, especially to random Irish festivals in Rockland and nearby counties and blackout. So I had talked up live shows and love SPAC and she hasn’t seen a show but liked them a lot like every college girl. Kind of disappointing show, robust use of electric guitar, but we got hammered and did what we needed to but the show was one of the last for me and very disappointing.

I’m guessing however that you may just loathe them regardless of period and that’s cool. But to me there was a 4-6yr period where they were a great band before they leaned into the corporate path and get paid. Just a different band IMO.
See Martin, Malcolm
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

No need to explain. We all have our SPAC regrets. Yours and Nigel’s stories sound better than mine. For a stretch in the early/mid 80s before moving from the area my now ex and another couple’s annual SPAC event was August’s benefit for the NYC Ballet. ZZzzzz. The more modern stuff kept my attention and I actually enjoyed. Think “An American in Paris”, some of the other things Gene Kelly and his dance partners and movie troupes did. I was asleep within five minutes if it was classical stuff, i.e. tutus and performances en pointe.

“Yes dear, let’s go to the ballet again.” Lol
njbill

Post by njbill »

Many years ago, I attended the ballet with my girlfriend at the time. Had zero interest, but went because she wanted to.

The curtain comes down. Lights come up. I grab my coat and start to leave. She asks where I’m going. I said it’s over. Let’s go. She started laughing and said it’s only intermission. I died right then and there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I said it’s over woman!
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:20 am No need to explain. We all have our SPAC regrets. Yours and Nigel’s stories sound better than mine. For a stretch in the early/mid 80s before moving from the area my now ex and another couple’s annual SPAC event was August’s benefit for the NYC Ballet. ZZzzzz. The more modern stuff kept my attention and I actually enjoyed. Think “An American in Paris”, some of the other things Gene Kelly and his dance partners and movie troupes did. I was asleep within five minutes if it was classical stuff, i.e. tutus and performances en pointe.

“Yes dear, let’s go to the ballet again.” Lol
One of my favorite memories was taking my daughter to see the Russian Ballet Company annually at a local university....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Outdoor venues like SPAC and Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center are still the best places to see shows other than holes in big cities that can hold 1,500-5,000 area but most of those are gone/sold out corporate venues like CBGB and Irving Plaza or in Seattle.

Prepare for a laugh. My dad was a huge saxophone guy and made me go with him when I was 7 or 8 to see Kenny G at Finger Lakes PAC. He loved it. I...I attended with him.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:38 pm Outdoor venues like SPAC and Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center are still the best places to see shows other than holes in big cities that can hold 1,500-5,000 area but most of those are gone/sold out corporate venues like CBGB and Irving Plaza or in Seattle.

Prepare for a laugh. My dad was a huge saxophone guy and made me go with him when I was 7 or 8 to see Kenny G at Finger Lakes PAC. He loved it. I...I attended with him.
Man I loved Kenny G until I grew out if it at 24....one of my good friends that I met when he worked a hotdog cart in front of an office building introduced me to real jazz when I was 24. That cart was his sole source of income. He was in his 30’s. All I could afford was his $1.50 hotdogs for lunch. Maybe once a month, I would be torn between 2 hotdogs or a Georgia Hot. We have been good friends since then. Saw him last February and hope to see him in the fall.

Return to “POLITICS”