Brown 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sting The Corner

Re: Brown 2019

Post by Sting The Corner »

A good player good luck to him at Syracuse. I believe there is a late pickup from the West Coast to fill that spot, a very nice player from Poway who has a little bit of Grell to his game.
Regarding some of the recruits, both attackmen from NJ are having monster seasons. I had a chance to watch Garden City last week. Trevor Y-K can run by anyone and has a rocket, I was very impressed. He played attack, midfield and D-middie not sure he left the field, but looks best playing offense. He and/or King out of Niskayuna could see real time next year. Insidelacrosse did a write up about Ward Melville where the coach noted LSM Pat O'Neill has the best stick skills of any pole he's coached. Hoping to get some more info on the incoming class--but lets wait and see what happens this weekend before looking forward to 2020.....
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Tick, tick, tick...
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Sting The Corner wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:22 pm A good player good luck to him at Syracuse. I believe there is a late pickup from the West Coast to fill that spot, a very nice player from Poway who has a little bit of Grell to his game.

Regarding some of the recruits, both attackmen from NJ are having monster seasons. I had a chance to watch Garden City last week. Trevor Y-K can run by anyone and has a rocket, I was very impressed. He played attack, midfield and D-middie not sure he left the field, but looks best playing offense. He and/or King out of Niskayuna could see real time next year. Insidelacrosse did a write up about Ward Melville where the coach noted LSM Pat O'Neill has the best stick skills of any pole he's coached. Hoping to get some more info on the incoming class--but lets wait and see what happens this weekend before looking forward to 2020.....
Trevor,the New York State Football player of the year,improved his lacrosse nous and stick skills exponentially over the past 3 years.Hard work,tenacity and focus brought him this far. More to come from him.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Great effort, just came up short. Missed it: what happened to Cook?
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Helluva game, Bruno.
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Fun game. Almost pulled it out. Pretty rough shooting day with a ton of pipes, just needed a couple of those to drop. Penn looked so good on offense they can really light it up. Hope they make a run in the NCAA’s.
Great four years for the seniors good luck to them all. Have to feel good about what’s coming back next year. These Bears should turn the corner on some of these close ones next year and make a run for the post season.
calourie

Post by calourie »

No quit in the bears today. Penn is a very good team, and today's effort by Brown is a nice marker for both the team and coaching staff.
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Great comeback guys. Wish that last penalty hadn't hit you guys. Through the mist is appeared to be a questionable call and robbed us of a truly great end and maybe OT.
Lux et veritas
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

Great game Brown. Love the way your team plays. Was also really impressed by some of the athletes you have on both sides of the ball particularly in the middle of the field. Looking forward to watching the Bears next year.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

If I was an outstanding h.s. lax recruit (with some grades) after watching all 4 teams last nite in the Ivy Tourney I'd want to sign-up to the
Brown program....compelling grit and scrappiness....ability to contribute to the Ivy's most up and coming team... better possibility of playing right away...new stadium being built...no elitism...no disrespect to the more established programs on display last nite, but being part of building a program stocked with underclassmen at a gem of a school has to be more satisfying than seeking to maintain the status quo.....but to each his own.....
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Once again: where was Cook? Hurt? Benched?
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Counselor wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 am If I was an outstanding h.s. lax recruit (with some grades) after watching all 4 teams last nite in the Ivy Tourney I'd want to sign-up to the
Brown program....compelling grit and scrappiness....ability to contribute to the Ivy's most up and coming team... better possibility of playing right away...new stadium being built...no elitism...no disrespect to the more established programs on display last nite, but being part of building a program stocked with underclassmen at a gem of a school has to be more satisfying than seeking to maintain the status quo.....but to each his own.....

can always offer recruits nudity week and daily protests on something
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

It's nudity DAY.. GYFS (Get Your Facts Straight). :lol:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm
Sting The Corner wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:22 pm A good player good luck to him at Syracuse. I believe there is a late pickup from the West Coast to fill that spot, a very nice player from Poway who has a little bit of Grell to his game.

Trevor,the New York State Football player of the year,improved his lacrosse nous and stick skills exponentially over the past 3 years.Hard work,tenacity and focus brought him this far. More to come from him.
According to Lax.com,Finn Gibbons had 4 goals last night.If so,Bruno will have 3 kids from Garden City on next year's roster.If I remember correctly (a real challenge),Jay McMahon was the last GC kid that played at Bruno.I believe Stevenson was the coach back then.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Exciting game, not the worst way to go out. Penn looks very good. Handley is scary. A few less pipes would’ve been nice but that’s life. This Brown team will only get better in the years to come. Congrats and good luck to the seniors. Also noticed Cook missing, I wonder what happened?
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

McMahon played for Starsia. Are you sure he’s the last Garden City guy?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DALaxDad wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 pm McMahon played for Starsia. Are you sure he’s the last Garden City guy?
If I remember correctly (a real challenge),Jay McMahon was the last GC kid that played at Bruno.I believe Stevenson was the coach back then.
I'm not sure If any other kids from our sleepy little burgh played lacrosse @ Bruno since Jay. My memory failed me re: Cliff Stevenson.BTW,Dom's brother-in-law called me early,too flaming early :evil: , this morning to chide me for forgetting,Dom was Jay's coach.
MEA CULPA ALREADY! :roll:

Jake White,God rest his soul,our beloved lacrosse historian passed away a few years ago.Jake likely would have given me the answer before I asked the question. Starting in the early 90's, the Princeton pipeline opened.While the Harvard/Frisbie connection wasn't quite as popular a venue as Princeton,a number our lacrosse players went to Cambridge.

Interestingly,GC sent a few wrestlers to Brown. :o
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Don't believe GC's Finn Gibbons saw the field Friday nite; much less getting four goals....yes, think Jay McMahon was the last GC native to play lax at Brown...hope that changes with the outstanding attack and defenseman enrolling.....Cook did play in the first half Friday nite; don't recollect him being in there in the 2nd.....more I think about it the more I am astounded that Brown went down by only one to the highly seeded Penn team after being overwhelmed in the 1st qtr.....one slashing call in the last minute from being afforded the opportunity to tie it up....contending with the #2 and #4 nationally ranked teams in the Ivy Tourney made it a tough road for Brown but taking one of the most balanced/talented teams in the nation to the limit was to its credit ...didn't expect the NCAA committee to allow the possibility of an All-Ivy Final - wouldn't have been politically correct....never has in the past and never will....

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”