NCAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
oldtimelax

Re: NCAC 2023

Post by oldtimelax »

Ned, Ned.....Denison won the game, 11-5. They more than doubled the Bishops score. The final score wasn't close. But the score going into the final period was -- 7-5. That is not unsurmountable, even vs. Mighty Denison. In fact, the next week Denison had a 3 goal lead vs. Kenyon with 7 minutes left in the 4Q and LOST.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

oldtimelax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:02 pm Ned, Ned.....Denison won the game, 11-5. They more than doubled the Bishops score. The final score wasn't close. But the score going into the final period was -- 7-5. That is not unsurmountable, even vs. Mighty Denison. In fact, the next week Denison had a 3 goal lead vs. Kenyon with 7 minutes left in the 4Q and LOST.
Yeah that was heartbreaking…. thanks for reminding me! But I’m glad OWU wasn’t Kenyon that day and they kept fading as they had since 5 minutes left in the 2nd Q.

But since we’re strolling down memory lane you also just reminded me of the time OWU had a 4 goal lead vs. Denison with less than 4 minutes left in the 4Q and LOST …. the Conference Championship and the AQ! So if anyone should know about heartbreak it’s you Old!

I’m sorry .. I couldn’t help myself. I hope you know it’s all in good fun. All the best Old to you and your Bishops against Kenyon and here’s hoping we have a chance at another “instant classic” in one of the best rivalries in D3 lacrosse!

GO BIG RED
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Ned....you are one of those people that seem intent on having the last word, so after this post, I'm out on this topic. This all started when you said I was twisting facts for a good story, which I take exception to. I am an unabashed Bishops supporter, but I don't have blinders on. Both Denison and Kenyon had better overall seasons than OWU, but the Bishops came on, had a signature win over Kenyon and shared the NCAC regular season championship -- having a 7-1 mark, just like The Big Red and the Owls. Based on tie-breakers, they are the 3rd seed.

I don't expect them to win, but they have surprised everyone this year. Many people out there expected them to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference, especially after they lost to St. Vincent and struggled against teams that they usually beat in the past. My original point was Thursday was going to be a hell of game, and I stand by that. Over and out, Ned...
Last edited by oldtimelax on Mon May 01, 2023 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Predictions for tournament...
Kenyon 11 owu 8 - I think kenyon is more complete team and they outlast owu for 60 minutes. Being at home helps!

Denison 18 oberlin 8 - oberlin keeps it close through the first half. Denison will have the lead the whole game and keep extending it into the 4th.

Championship...
Denison 17 Kenyon 6 - the big red aren't happy about the regular season loss. Redemtion time.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

MarionBarry wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:10 pm Predictions for tournament...
Kenyon 11 owu 8 - I think kenyon is more complete team and they outlast owu for 60 minutes. Being at home helps!

Denison 18 oberlin 8 - oberlin keeps it close through the first half. Denison will have the lead the whole game and keep extending it into the 4th.

Championship...
Denison 17 Kenyon 6 - the big red aren't happy about the regular season loss. Redemtion time.
Wait. No Wooster? What happened, BIGDAWG?
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Championship...
Redemption tour is a fitting phrase for this year's NCAC Tournament as Kenyon will get payback on OWU and then Denison will get payback on Kenyon. But I'm getting ahead of things. First the Semis.

I'm calling....
Kenyon 14-10 over OWU as the Owls do not go ice cold in this 2nd half this time around and score well more than 1 goal after the break.

Denison 20-9 over Oberlin as the Yeoman come out with energy and have upset in mind but the Big Red keep winning at the dot and slowly and methodically build the lead.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:06 pm

Hey Tiger ... if I'm not mistaken, it was right around the time Wooster announced they no longer identified themselves as the Fighting Scots and wanted to be known henceforth as the Scottish Terriers (fittingly ironic and why I mention it) that Wittenberg delivered a cold dose of reality to BIGDAWG's world and this Troll thankfully evaporated.
twomuchtoo

Post by twomuchtoo »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:49 am

Championship...
Redemption tour is a fitting phrase for this year's NCAC Tournament as Kenyon will get payback on OWU and then Denison will get payback on Kenyon. But I'm getting ahead of things. First the Semis.

I'm calling....
Kenyon 14-10 over OWU as the Owls do not go ice cold in this 2nd half this time around and score well more than 1 goal after the break.

Denison 20-9 over Oberlin as the Yeoman come out with energy and have upset in mind but the Big Red keep winning at the dot and slowly and methodically build the lead.
I know that I am getting ahead of myself here Nosey, but true redemption would be that of the Kenyon Lords (now Owls). In 2021 a heavily Covid depleted Kenyon Lords squad played against a full Denison team in the NCAC championship. I'm sure the then Kenyon Sophomores (Freshman were not permitted on campus that spring) recall playing their hearts out and their goalie standing on his head and falling short to the Big Red by two goals. I am hoping they can beat OWU and get the chance to avenge that loss.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

As for the NCAC tourney, Denison must be the favorite, and the Big Red's game against Oberlin is the easiest to predict. Kenyon v OWU looks to me like a toss-up, with face-offs being as crucial as they've ever been; the winner will head to Granville with a decent shot at an upset.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

twomuchtoo wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:41 am
Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:49 am

Championship...

I'm calling....

I know that I am getting ahead of myself here Nosey, but true redemption would be that of the Kenyon Lords (now Owls). In 2021 a heavily Covid depleted Kenyon Lords squad played against a full Denison team in the NCAC championship. I'm sure the then Kenyon Sophomores (Freshman were not permitted on campus that spring) recall playing their hearts out and their goalie standing on his head and falling short to the Big Red by two goals. I am hoping they can beat OWU and get the chance to avenge that loss.
Hey Twomuch …. The spilt conference East/West 2021 season was one I think we’d all like to forget. It was a 6 game, West division only schedule for both OWU and Denison. They split their 2 games and Denison won the West on tiebreaker GD. I imagine the Bishops were none too happy about that. Kenyon felt they let one get away in the Championship (even though they were down by 5 after 3Q, so it was perhaps the 3 late goals that gave them the feeling they should have won). And then the Big Red after that NCAC escape, go lay a huge egg at Centre, losing in the NCAAs to their old assistant coach, in what turned out to be their legendary coach’s last game.

Forgettable all around I should think.

As for the goalie you mentioned, I think he’s the same one that as a Sophomore gave a very good 2019 Denison team fits and it took a 5-0 4th Q by the Big Red to eek out a win in a game he made over 20 saves! Isn’t he the same kid that went home to Jersey to use his extra Covid eligibility at Montclair State? The goalie that just this week is the topic of debate on the C2C thread regarding his place on the All C2C team?

Anyway, good luck to the Owls and here’s hoping Denison and Kenyon get to tee it up in the Championship. We’ve established they both have redemption in mind!
bulldodge97

Post by bulldodge97 »

Win or go home today. My predictions:

Denison 18, Oberlin 13. Year two of postseason play for the Yeomen, and I think they'll be a little less wide-eyed and keep this one relatively competitive.

OWU 11, Kenyon 9. OWU has been hated on all year, and sometimes rightfully so. But my gut is telling me they grind out a tough win on the road again.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:08 am

Hey Tiger ... if I'm not mistaken, it was right around the time Wooster announced they no longer identified themselves as the Fighting Scots and wanted to be known henceforth as the Scottish Terriers (fittingly ironic and why I mention it) that Wittenberg delivered a cold dose of reality to BIGDAWG's world and this Troll thankfully evaporated.
Ned. I couldn’t have said it better. Man, I love it when facts win out over hyperbole. 🤣🤣🤣
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Congratulations to the Kenyon Owls with a hard fought win over Battling Bishops, 12-10. Owls jumped off to an early 6-0 lead and dominated the game for 12 minutes extending into the 2Q. Bishops were very sloppy on offense with lots of unforced turnovers. Amacher got the Bishops going in the 2Q and the Bishops cut the margin to 6-3 before Kenyon countered with a man-up goal by McCartee and a nice finish by Chintala with a minute left. Then OWU's Joey Wiseman scored on a beautiful feed with seconds left to make it a 8-4 deficit heading for the half. The 3Q was dominated by the Bishops with a 4-0 scoring burst to tie the game heading into the 4Q, with two goals from Amacher. The Owls regrouped and won the 4Q 4-2 to seal the win.

Kenyon was the better team, with the decided edge on ground balls, shots, shots on goal and turnovers. Face-offs were even overall, but Kenyon had the advantage in the 4Q after Citek got a penalty for too many false starts. Kenyon's offense moved the ball better and their defense was able to keep the Bishops from having any kind of inside scoring threat. The Bishops looked good in the 2nd-3rd quarters, but had too many letdowns to win against a team as good as the Owls. Nathan George had a solid effort for the Bishops in the nets with 15 saves.

Good luck to Kenyon against Denison....hope it's a great game!
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

I'm still here Booger Boy, don't think you can lose me that easily. As for Wooster, I am denouncing them from my precious fandom, I will be moving on to a more respectable program that does not inappropriately use a specific nationality as their mascot. Updates to come.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:59 pm

Ned. I couldn’t have said it better. Man, I love it when facts win out over hyperbole. 🤣🤣🤣
Who are you wimp cat, I am new to your ways in this thread. What is your team? What is your quest? I have no qualms with you little man, so do not draw first blood, you will regret engaging in a debate with me. We as a people must unite against the Booger man and his pompous comments and ways. He is far too proud and arrogant for any one snot nosed kid, and must be stopped at all cost. I see myself as the Dark Knight and you can be my Robin, let us join forces in the fight for good. Peace and Love Kemosahbee.
laxrat2000

Post by laxrat2000 »

Bigdawg, you have displayed far too many egregious comments/ predictions to even be on this forum. You have either never played lacrosse, or your elevator simply does not reach the top. You have been bombarding this forum with outrageously uninformed comments, and the team you’ve been making such uninformed comments about didn’t even make their conference tournament. Please enact your own reality check on yourself, and get a life. Don’t know what other combination of the English language can articulate that more clearly.

Signed - a Kenyon alum
Laxgopher69

Post by Laxgopher69 »

To BIGDAWG
CC:laxrat2000

BIGDAWG, like laxrat200, I too matriculated at and proudly graduated, sans distinction, from Kenyon College. I have long wondered what your affiliation with Wooster is. You write with far more coherence both in terms of prose and subject matter than I thought possible of a Wooster alum, and find it unlikely that an alum would jump ship like you have following the devastating collapse which the Scots suffered in the latter half of this season. I have seen your comments on this forum, and, while admittedly often shocked at the erroneous and far fetched nature of your comments, have been, to say the least, impressed with your resumé as a forum troll. I do not underestimate your ability as a troll, and, while hesitant to do so, laud your skills and ability. I too agree that the booger man must fall. His patrician ways have poisoned this forum and conference for far too long. I see you as a mercenary of sorts, a rogue. While this term has historically carried with it a negative connotation, bringing to mind Hessian savages who fought side by side with the redcoats to suppress liberty, solely in the pursuit of coinage, I see a place for you in this forum and in the NCAC. What I offer to you is not coinage but rather glory, a place in history. While I echo some sentiments of my fellow ex-lord now owl, laxrat2000, I personally hope you remain engaged in this forum. Fighting the good fight, against the suppressors. Down with Dennison! Down with OWU! While a rising tide may lift all ships, few ships no matter how strong can whether a tsunami, and, if memory serves, the last time a ship was hailed as unsinkable, as some, BOOGER MAN in particular, see Dennison, it struck an iceberg resulting in the deaths of 1,517 individuals (I used US estimates, the English have bad teeth and are weak). I see this weekend as pivotal, both in terms of NCAC lacrosse and your perception (will it be as a crazed madman intent on causing chaos or a rebel fighting the good fight against the powers that be). I offer you an opportunity, an opportunity to unite against booger man and Dennison. The choice is yours.

Best,
Gopher
FormerLordNowOwl

Post by FormerLordNowOwl »

Hello Mr. Nosey,

I apologize for not tagging you directly, but it appears that no one born after the Civil War knows how to use this platform (except for you, of course). This post comes from a longtime lurker, and never poster. I feel as though this thread has gone too long without a Kenyon lacrosse fan.

The purpose for my post actually stemmed from the pejorative comments about the 2021 team. Your ignorance about a very strong team drove someone to create an account on a website made for dinosaurs (congrats to both of us, I guess). Yes, that team was led by an All-American goalie who will be an All-American yet again this year. But there was also a face-off All American on the team. (Sound familiar to this year with 74.4% at the dot?) That team had a strong core that propelled itself into the modern age of lacrosse—sorry Caravana, you were basically teaching Neanderthals—and has set itself up for success. Now with strong freshman presence, this team can play. Not saying that this Kenyon team will certainly win, but it is nice to show the other side of the coin. Although I enjoyed watching you all scratch your heads and wonder what the hell happened when Kenyon ended up in the W column over the years, it was time to inject a fresh perspective.

Here's a take from the only non-octogenarian in the thread, gentlemen. If you couldn't tell, go Owls. Will be rooting loud and proud on Sunday. Let's go baby.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Laxgopher69 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:06 am To BIGDAWG
CC:laxrat2000

BIGDAWG, like laxrat200, I too matriculated at and proudly graduated, sans distinction, from Kenyon College. I have long wondered what your affiliation with Wooster is. You write with far more coherence both in terms of prose and subject matter than I thought possible of a Wooster alum, and find it unlikely that an alum would jump ship like you have following the devastating collapse which the Scots suffered in the latter half of this season. I have seen your comments on this forum, and, while admittedly often shocked at the erroneous and far fetched nature of your comments, have been, to say the least, impressed with your resumé as a forum troll. I do not underestimate your ability as a troll, and, while hesitant to do so, laud your skills and ability. I too agree that the booger man must fall. His patrician ways have poisoned this forum and conference for far too long. I see you as a mercenary of sorts, a rogue. While this term has historically carried with it a negative connotation, bringing to mind Hessian savages who fought side by side with the redcoats to suppress liberty, solely in the pursuit of coinage, I see a place for you in this forum and in the NCAC. What I offer to you is not coinage but rather glory, a place in history. While I echo some sentiments of my fellow ex-lord now owl, laxrat2000, I personally hope you remain engaged in this forum. Fighting the good fight, against the suppressors. Down with Dennison! Down with OWU! While a rising tide may lift all ships, few ships no matter how strong can whether a tsunami, and, if memory serves, the last time a ship was hailed as unsinkable, as some, BOOGER MAN in particular, see Dennison, it struck an iceberg resulting in the deaths of 1,517 individuals (I used US estimates, the English have bad teeth and are weak). I see this weekend as pivotal, both in terms of NCAC lacrosse and your perception (will it be as a crazed madman intent on causing chaos or a rebel fighting the good fight against the powers that be). I offer you an opportunity, an opportunity to unite against booger man and Dennison. The choice is yours.

Best,
Gopher
Your kind and long winded response has saved your fellow Owl laxrat from my wrath, and for that I will stand beside you. I cannot in good conscience join the Owl fandom, as they are not blue collar enough for a gritty dawg such as myself. Above any fandom though comes the fight to tear down the Bourgeoisie and the despicable organization that is the Poor Man's Cornell. Just as Gotham did not always love or appreciate the work of the Dark Knight, this forum may not always understand my cause and fight. That did not deter him though, from fighting the heinous villians who muddied the street and oppressed the people of the city. I will carry on, much to the dislike of that snot nosed kid, because it is what must be done.
Peace and Love Kemosahbee.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Kenyon and Denison (hopefully with no penalty controversies this time lol) should be one of the better championship games this weekend. Not sure if Kenyon can get into NCAAs with a loss. Glad it is on a Sunday. Definitely excited to watch
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”