Maryland 2022

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lax101

Re: Maryland 2022

Post by Lax101 »

Wait ... so many people on this site crowned MD as 2023 National Champions months ago. What happened?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jff97 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:41 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:57 pm
jff97 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:33 pm Looks like Maryland had its first practice today. Anyone else think the offense is being slept on a little bit? There's been a lot about the returners on defense (and rightfully so), but they still return a greater percentage of points than any of the other Final 4 teams from last year.
They had a rough fall. Someone has to take Rory’s spot as the qb of the offense. Cathy is a great coach. I’m sure they’ll figure it out but it was a struggle with a lot of these players for 2 years before Rory transferred in.
Guess we'll see. Given the giant caveat that it was fall ball, who do you think could take that spot?
I sort of thought they'd put Clevenger in that role below GLE after Cordingly departed.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:03 am
jff97 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:33 pm Looks like Maryland had its first practice today. Anyone else think the offense is being slept on a little bit? There's been a lot about the returners on defense (and rightfully so), but they still return a greater percentage of points than any of the other Final 4 teams from last year.
They had a rough fall. Someone has to take Rory’s spot as the qb of the offense. Cathy is a great coach. I’m sure they’ll figure it out but it was a struggle with a lot of these players for 2 years before Rory transferred in.
Guess we'll see. Given the giant caveat that it was fall ball, who do you think could take that spot?
I sort of thought they'd put Clevenger in that role below GLE after Cordingly departed.
They were trying several girls there this fall. MD has a lot of great dodgers. In today's game with the defenses that are being played it's very hard to consistently just go 1v1 and get to the goal. What they were lacking for a couple years was a distributer like Rory that could draw a slide and make the right pass. Like I said, Cathy is a great coach. I'm sure they will be just fine but definitely interested to see how they replace her production and who takes that role full-time this year. They are absolutely stacked on the defensive end this year so in theory they won't need to score as much.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:06 am
They were trying several girls there this fall. MD has a lot of great dodgers. In today's game with the defenses that are being played it's very hard to consistently just go 1v1 and get to the goal. What they were lacking for a couple years was a distributer like Rory that could draw a slide and make the right pass. Like I said, Cathy is a great coach. I'm sure they will be just fine but definitely interested to see how they replace her production and who takes that role full-time this year. They are absolutely stacked on the defensive end this year so in theory they won't need to score as much.
Agree with all you say, even from my probably less incisive view of the team.
Old Bay addict

Post by Old Bay addict »

Back in the summer, I heard they were close to landing former UNC now Florida attacker Taylor Warehime. I would have liked to see how that played out as watching her during club and some college she is a high IQ good field vision type of player, IMO she could’ve filled an offensive role for them amongst all of their dodgers. But agreed with others that Coach Reese will figure it out and coach them and they will be a final 4 team.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Old Bay addict wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am
Back in the summer, I heard they were close to landing former UNC now Florida attacker Taylor Warehime. I would have liked to see how that played out as watching her during club and some college she is a high IQ good field vision type of player, IMO she could’ve filled an offensive role for them amongst all of their dodgers. But agreed with others that Coach Reese will figure it out and coach them and they will be a final 4 team.
Warehime is a great finisher and very good off ball, but I don’t think she would’ve fit the open attacker spot that the Terps need. They need a quarterback and someone who can feed and I think Warehime is better up top. Still she would’ve contributed and done well for the Terps.
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

I agree Clevenger should be ready to shine in this role , especially with the recent addition of Alex Aust as a volunteer assistant. Alex as a player really found her groove in her junior season. Here's hoping she can have a similar affect on Ms Clevenger who has shown she has the weapons in her arsenal.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Itsallgood wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:07 am
I agree Clevenger should be ready to shine in this role , especially with the recent addition of Alex Aust as a volunteer assistant. Alex as a player really found her groove in her junior season. Here's hoping she can have a similar affect on Ms Clevenger who has shown she has the weapons in her arsenal.
I like those Clevenger gals....great family.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:02 pm
Itsallgood wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:07 am
I like those Clevenger gals....great family.
Another one is on her way to College Park next year. ILWomen had her as the #7 player in the class in the rankings they put out last week.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”