Nike Signs Kaep

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: Nike Signs Kaep

Post by DMac »

If I go to a gathering (or whatever) where Bud Lite is the only beer served, I won't drink one (seriously). Horrible stuff, quality is not the answer. Pretty much any other beer and I'll one/a few. Alright, quite a few.
Bart

Post by Bart »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm
6x6 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Yeah that's *exactly* what's going on :roll:

You guys seems content with abysmal math and reading comprehension; what I hear is, 'throw more money at it'.
Where did I say that? Yeah....I didn't say that. But that's never stopped you before, so....
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Maybe show a little courage and support competition. Competition is the only means to extract better results, from any and all facets of life, including education. Your inability or refusal or both to embrace competition gives you away as to what concerns you. It certainly is not the student.
:lol: You're going to lecture me on competition. Gee. I think I know a bit about competition given my vocation, Pete.

Take your charter schools to their logical conclusion, Pete. Make Maryland schools 100% charter. Across the board.

What do you think will happen?

If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
Yes, but beer, it’s called Genny Cream Ale, PBR and Rolling Rock...
When yer a desperate teenager like I was, Genny Cream was cheap and easy to get. We use to glug it down warm on top of that. I bet you did not know Genny Cream has a craft beer cousin that is mixed with strawberry or some other stuff. i saw it awhile ago in a local store. i guess it actually sells. :roll:
Yup, I’m older than you Cradle and I remember Cream Ale was about .97 a six pack at Ver Hulst Farm Market on Ridge Rd@Mount Read Blvd. The only swill I could afford to drink then but I finally moved up to Michelob as the Cream Ale hangovers were brutal. Although, it could have been my consumption level as my buddies used to tell me I single handily paid the mortgage on the Genesee Brewery......
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 pm Oh I still drink the first two, make no mistake.

In fact couple of years ago looking for decent butcher shops (not easy around Atlanta surprisingly) I went to one near Emory college and they had ten cases they had randomly picked up stacked in the corner. For sale, the guy said he wanted to try it but it wasn’t selling.

Let just say I came home with 240 Genny cream ales, only time I’ve seen them around Atlanta, and my wife’s response was a robust “WHAT THE F**K!”
Does the saying money can’t buy taste also apply to choices of alcohol. 😀 C’mon man live a little, there are other options..
Dunno if you gents are aware of this.....but you know why Cream Ale is so rough on the body?

They add lactose---milk sugar----to the beer, to give it that creamy taste. Yeast cannot consume lactose...so it's in the finished beer.

Hence the term "Genny Screamers" for what happens the next day. If you had a bunch of those beers the night before, it's as if you enjoyed a few glasses of condensed milk just for kicks.
Ahhh, Genny Cream Ale. Nothing like it. Was the first beer I drank way too long ago.

I’m still a Genny guy to this day.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
It's comments like this that makes me wonder how low on the totem pole you are in your organization. You cannot possibly be this naive when it comes to business. Ever notice that airlines and cable/internet companies fill the top 20 of "worst customer service" lists? Now why do you think that is?

Do you know how many low quality liquors absolutely destroy my dinky company in sales? Quality has nothing....n-o-t-h-i-n-g....to do with sales.

I'll answer that question with another question: why do you think Bud Lite is the best selling beer in America? Quality? Price? Marketing?

BTW, you didn't answer my question. What do you think will happen if 100% of schools are charter schools? Do you think that will fix the problems?
Ummmmmm, what? Do you ever travel?

Southwest? Singapore Air? Virgin? Air New Zealand? All Nippon?
I don't know why I even try with you....for a guy who claims to like learning, you just don't want to hear it when someone refutes your obviously incorrect worldview.

Pete: you're claiming that competition will eliminate bad schools. My simple point is, if you look at the rest of the American market, you can see that that's obviously not remotely true. Plenty of garbage on the shelves and in the air.

Pointing to a few good companies doesn't sell your point, Pete. All that tells me is that for every Lufthansa, there's two Spirit Airlines. Picture what that means for customers looking for an education, Pete. In other words, your idea that competition will make it so that all schools will be good...or even close to that....is simply wrong. Your logic is built on sand, Pete.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:57 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
It's comments like this that makes me wonder how low on the totem pole you are in your organization. You cannot possibly be this naive when it comes to business. Ever notice that airlines and cable/internet companies fill the top 20 of "worst customer service" lists? Now why do you think that is?

Do you know how many low quality liquors absolutely destroy my dinky company in sales? Quality has nothing....n-o-t-h-i-n-g....to do with sales.

I'll answer that question with another question: why do you think Bud Lite is the best selling beer in America? Quality? Price? Marketing?

BTW, you didn't answer my question. What do you think will happen if 100% of schools are charter schools? Do you think that will fix the problems?

Ummmmmm, what? Do you ever travel?

Southwest? Singapore Air? Virgin? Air New Zealand? All Nippon?

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:44 pm When did this thread take a U turn and head off the cliff? I thought it was about Nike and Kap? :D
I had an uncle killed by a car driven by Chuck Taylor.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kaepernick jersey becomes a YUGE success:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kaepern ... e&ie=UTF-8

So great to see the patriot's uni become a money making deal for all to enjoy.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Dang shame his QBR was so low, he started out on fire...much like RG3, then fizzled away with a bad team.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Is Nike/Kaepernick giving all proceeds to Charity?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:36 pm Dang shame his QBR was so low, he started out on fire...much like RG3, then fizzled away with a bad team.

That number is higher than the initial rating for more than half of the league’s starting quarterbacks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -starters/
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:38 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:36 pm Dang shame his QBR was so low, he started out on fire...much like RG3, then fizzled away with a bad team.

That number is higher than the initial rating for more than half of the league’s starting quarterbacks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -starters/

And while this is only the opinion of the people who set the ratings for the Madden game not actual NFL scouts, this is the company in which the NFL has entrusted its official video game.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:48 am
And while this is only the opinion of the people who set the ratings for the Madden game not actual NFL scouts, this is the company in which the NFL has entrusted its official video game.[/i]

You kidding me? I love Madden! In fact, if I was a NFL player, I would consider it an honor to be on the All Madden team! Only a football infidel would disagree.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Again. His talent was probably better than half the starters in the league. But the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze for a Mediocre malcontent that had a g/f calling league owners slave owners on social media.

People don’t understand that you are free to express your opinions, but that does NOT mean you’re free from consequences from it. Directly or indirectly.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:16 pm Image
They're not heroes, they're losers and suckers
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:42 am Again. His talent was probably better than half the starters in the league. But the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze for a Mediocre malcontent that had a g/f calling league owners slave owners on social media.

People don’t understand that you are free to express your opinions, but that does NOT mean you’re free from consequences from it. Directly or indirectly.
People also don't understand that the American right has been using "cancel culture", oh, hundreds of years before it got a name.....
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:04 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:42 am Again. His talent was probably better than half the starters in the league. But the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze for a Mediocre malcontent that had a g/f calling league owners slave owners on social media.

People also don't understand that the American right has been using "cancel culture", oh, hundreds of years before it got a name.....
Don't confuse systemic racism for cancel culture.
What you call cancel culture, I call human nature- Act like an ass, and people will only put up with you for so long.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:54 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Don't confuse systemic racism for cancel culture.
What you call cancel culture, I call human nature- Act like an ass, and people will only put up with you for so long.
My point is, this is not a new thing. Otherwise? We're on the same page here......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Looks like Robert Kraft will get off on the charges; he beat it!

https://nypost.com/2020/09/21/robert-kr ... rlor-case/
njbill

Post by njbill »

How soon until the tape is leaked?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Will this practice spread?

Mark Cuban has directed the Dallas Mavericks to stop playing the national anthem before games

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... hem-cuban/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”