Nike Signs Kaep

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Nike Signs Kaep

Post by cradleandshoot »

When did this thread take a U turn and head off the cliff? I thought it was about Nike and Kap? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:06 pm
Guess what there's as many POOR today as there were when Lyndon Johnson started the War on Poverty. After trillions of dollars.
Not even close, 6ft. Come on. You know better than that.

But hey, anytime you want to see what the free market would charge for health insurance for 70 year olds? By all means, get rid of LBJ's Medicare. Works for me.

You've been playing this game for 20 years, 6. What happened when your Republican pals got into office with Trump? What happened to spending and handouts? Trump spent $2.5 Trillion in new non-military spending. In other words: handouts.

And yet you and Petey want to whine about "the Dems". Get lost with this nonsense.

I've been begging your team of Republicans to cut them all off. What have they done instead? More big government. And what do you do every single time? You pretend like it didn't happen, and go right back to blaming the libs and the Dems.

You and Pete....with his socialized education that his fellow posters paid for...... aren't fooling anyone here with your "it's the Dems fault" routine.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:44 pm When did this thread take a U turn and head off the cliff? I thought it was about Nike and Kap? :D
Covid boredom, I think. :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:44 pm When did this thread take a U turn and head off the cliff? I thought it was about Nike and Kap? :D
Covid boredom, I think. :lol:
There is alotta that going around. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm Oh please kick the jukebox
Yep. You don't want to hear it. Stick your head in the sand, and "blame the Dems". That's working out great.
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:38 pm Liberal democrats have run americas major cities since the great society.
You're conflating two things intentionally so that you can blame the Dems for everything. In your ridiculous world, America was flawless with no poverty before Johnson showed up, and wrecked it all. It's just silly. Stop trying to act like none of us know a thing about American history.

The money and handouts are Federal, buddy. Your team keeps upping the handouts. Not my fault that you and Petey want to behave like children, plug your ears, and pretend like Republicans and flyover country aren't 1000% dependent on these handouts.

Let me know when you're ready to cut flyover America off. I would sign on to that so fast, it would make your head spin.

But your fake-*ss Republicans won't do that. You LOVE handouts. What you don't want, as we've seen time and time again...is that you don't want "other people" to get the handouts. So what does your side do? Whine and whine and blame everyone but yourselves....right before you dole out more handouts. Sell it somewhere else.
Think they’ve looked at the metrics of schools where many locked in Maga supporters are from? The rural poor? I don’t think even 50% of kids in Steuben Co have any chance at college of any kind including CC and yet they will be 70-85% for Trump in this election. There’s so much rural poor that puts their faith in the tough guy, tough love narrative and yet end up in a bad way as adults, if not wholly addicted to meth/oxy.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Yeah that's *exactly* what's going on :roll:

You guys seems content with abysmal math and reading comprehension; what I hear is, 'throw more money at it'.
Where did I say that? Yeah....I didn't say that. But that's never stopped you before, so....
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Maybe show a little courage and support competition. Competition is the only means to extract better results, from any and all facets of life, including education. Your inability or refusal or both to embrace competition gives you away as to what concerns you. It certainly is not the student.
:lol: You're going to lecture me on competition. Gee. I think I know a bit about competition given my vocation, Pete.

Take your charter schools to their logical conclusion, Pete. Make Maryland schools 100% charter. Across the board.

What do you think will happen?

If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Yeah that's *exactly* what's going on :roll:

You guys seems content with abysmal math and reading comprehension; what I hear is, 'throw more money at it'.
Where did I say that? Yeah....I didn't say that. But that's never stopped you before, so....
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm Maybe show a little courage and support competition. Competition is the only means to extract better results, from any and all facets of life, including education. Your inability or refusal or both to embrace competition gives you away as to what concerns you. It certainly is not the student.
:lol: You're going to lecture me on competition. Gee. I think I know a bit about competition given my vocation, Pete.

Take your charter schools to their logical conclusion, Pete. Make Maryland schools 100% charter. Across the board.

If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
If your dealing with the only person selling the hootch the only other option is to fire up yer own still.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes, but beer, it’s called Genny Cream Ale, PBR and Rolling Rock...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm

When yer a desperate teenager like I was, Genny Cream was cheap and easy to get. We use to glug it down warm on top of that. I bet you did not know Genny Cream has a craft beer cousin that is mixed with strawberry or some other stuff. i saw it awhile ago in a local store. i guess it actually sells. :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh I still drink the first two, make no mistake.

In fact couple of years ago looking for decent butcher shops (not easy around Atlanta surprisingly) I went to one near Emory college and they had ten cases they had randomly picked up stacked in the corner. For sale, the guy said he wanted to try it but it wasn’t selling.

Let just say I came home with 240 Genny cream ales, only time I’ve seen them around Atlanta, and my wife’s response was a robust “WHAT THE F**K!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 pm Oh I still drink the first two, make no mistake.

In fact couple of years ago looking for decent butcher shops (not easy around Atlanta surprisingly) I went to one near Emory college and they had ten cases they had randomly picked up stacked in the corner. For sale, the guy said he wanted to try it but it wasn’t selling.

Let just say I came home with 240 Genny cream ales, only time I’ve seen them around Atlanta, and my wife’s response was a robust “WHAT THE F**K!”
:lol: Do you like Hudephol?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t know what it is but I’ll try anything once.

Recall liking honey brown in my woods high school parties but in college when I refined my pounding skills I realized how and that stuff is.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

When yer a desperate teenager like I was, Genny Cream was cheap and easy to get. We use to glug it down warm on top of that. I bet you did not know Genny Cream has a craft beer cousin that is mixed with strawberry or some other stuff. i saw it awhile ago in a local store. i guess it actually sells. :roll:
Yup, I’m older than you Cradle and I remember Cream Ale was about .97 a six pack at Ver Hulst Farm Market on Ridge Rd@Mount Read Blvd. The only swill I could afford to drink then but I finally moved up to Michelob as the Cream Ale hangovers were brutal. Although, it could have been my consumption level as my buddies used to tell me I single handily paid the mortgage on the Genesee Brewery......
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:29 pm Oh I still drink the first two, make no mistake.

Does the saying money can’t buy taste also apply to choices of alcohol. 😀 C’mon man live a little, there are other options..
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
It's comments like this that makes me wonder how low on the totem pole you are in your organization. You cannot possibly be this naive when it comes to business. Ever notice that airlines and cable/internet companies fill the top 20 of "worst customer service" lists? Now why do you think that is?

Do you know how many low quality liquors absolutely destroy my dinky company in sales? Quality has nothing....n-o-t-h-i-n-g....to do with sales.

I'll answer that question with another question: why do you think Bud Lite is the best selling beer in America? Quality? Price? Marketing?

BTW, you didn't answer my question. What do you think will happen if 100% of schools are charter schools? Do you think that will fix the problems?
a fan

Post by a fan »

6x6 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Yup, I’m older than you Cradle and I remember Cream Ale was about .97 a six pack at Ver Hulst Farm Market on Ridge Rd@Mount Read Blvd. The only swill I could afford to drink then but I finally moved up to Michelob as the Cream Ale hangovers were brutal. Although, it could have been my consumption level as my buddies used to tell me I single handily paid the mortgage on the Genesee Brewery......

Does the saying money can’t buy taste also apply to choices of alcohol. 😀 C’mon man live a little, there are other options..
Dunno if you gents are aware of this.....but you know why Cream Ale is so rough on the body?

They add lactose---milk sugar----to the beer, to give it that creamy taste. Yeast cannot consume lactose...so it's in the finished beer.

Hence the term "Genny Screamers" for what happens the next day. If you had a bunch of those beers the night before, it's as if you enjoyed a few glasses of condensed milk just for kicks.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Funny, she still complains when I get Pappy or other high end limited production bourbons as well.

But I’ve been punching above my weight from a social standpoint since my late 20s. Dragged my dad into some finer things in life here and there which is one of my proudest accomplishments other than my kids but could never get my mother to stop thinking Red Lobster was the best. Took her out here in Atl to a excellent seafood spot called Oceanaire, over ordered apps and whatever she liked, was brutal, more expensive than the best steakhouses. Her response, thanking me was, it was very nice but I still like Red Lobster better. In my head I did the same What the heck my wife gave me over cleaning out the Genny cream ale supply at the butcher.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Dunno if you gents are aware of this.....but you know why Cream Ale is so rough on the body?

They add lactose---milk sugar----to the beer, to give it that creamy taste. Yeast cannot consume lactose...so it's in the finished beer.

Hence the term "Genny Screamers" for what happens the next day. If you had a bunch of those beers the night before, it's as if you enjoyed a few glasses of condensed milk just for kicks.
The worst, which I am ashamed to admit is buy occasionally as one of the brokest kids at Hobart, is called golden anniversary. Case of bottles at tops for 7.99 in the late 90s. Basically dirty dishwater with alcohol in it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:08 pm Don’t know what it is but I’ll try anything once.

Recall liking honey brown in my woods high school parties but in college when I refined my pounding skills I realized how and that stuff is.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I HAVE to try it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 pm If a liquor manufacturer makes rotten swill for 60 years, do you keep buying their stuff?
It's comments like this that makes me wonder how low on the totem pole you are in your organization. You cannot possibly be this naive when it comes to business. Ever notice that airlines and cable/internet companies fill the top 20 of "worst customer service" lists? Now why do you think that is?

Do you know how many low quality liquors absolutely destroy my dinky company in sales? Quality has nothing....n-o-t-h-i-n-g....to do with sales.

I'll answer that question with another question: why do you think Bud Lite is the best selling beer in America? Quality? Price? Marketing?

BTW, you didn't answer my question. What do you think will happen if 100% of schools are charter schools? Do you think that will fix the problems?

Ummmmmm, what? Do you ever travel?

Southwest? Singapore Air? Virgin? Air New Zealand? All Nippon?

Return to “POLITICS”