All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:02 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:46 am
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:25 am https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics ... index.html

Yep. Can’t place any responsibility on Trump
cheer up tld! we're on a roll!
It doesn’t make a difference.
momentum is an abstract concept in a lot of ways. and a practical one. some swear by it. sports. business. politics. real good case could be made for it on covid. let's gooooo!!
A coach not putting in a ride and clear all season wouldn’t get much of a break around here...I guess lacrosse is more important. Anyway, let’s get folks vaccinated and get this behind us. Hoping to see a turn in the fall.
2020? around here? you're absolutely right.
Hoping to see some lacrosse this Spring.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pm UK PM just announced a total lockdown of the country until mid-February.

UK Variant just discovered in Upstate NY (Saratoga County). Patient has no travel history and works in a local jewelry store. Three other people associated with the store have tested positive for COVID, but it is not yet clear if those three cases are the new strain or not.
This is what the US should do too. With the pandemic worsening, and more contagious variants emerging around the world, this is not the time to be allowing or promoting international travel.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:33 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pm UK PM just announced a total lockdown of the country until mid-February.

UK Variant just discovered in Upstate NY (Saratoga County). Patient has no travel history and works in a local jewelry store. Three other people associated with the store have tested positive for COVID, but it is not yet clear if those three cases are the new strain or not.
This is what the US should do too. With the pandemic worsening, and more contagious variants emerging around the world, this is not the time to be allowing or promoting international travel.
not the time? when was the time? don't understand why it's been happening in the first place. at least since we knew vaccines were going to be effective for the covid we knew and available early this year.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:33 pm

not the time? when was the time? don't understand why it's been happening in the first place. at least since we knew vaccines were going to be effective for the covid we knew and available early this year.
That Saratoga County/Saratoga Springs case was discovered a couple weeks ago. Our county is adjacent and I'm sure it's already made it's way here. I'll tell you what, it's "not the time" to relax! :?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You have people making health decisions based on fear of potential political fallout and perceptions rather than based on facts.
Take Hogan in MD- He has been widely applauded for his handling of the pandemic. But he also opened Ocean City's boardwalk during the middle of a spike this summer, to appease retail owners.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm You have people making health decisions based on fear of potential political fallout and perceptions rather than based on facts.
Take Hogan in MD- He has been widely applauded for his handling of the pandemic. But he also opened Ocean City's boardwalk during the middle of a spike this summer, to appease retail owners.
Yup. and he is turning the screws on educators. Damned near demanding we get students in school by March. Summarized, he said he was going to look into every legal avenue..

Hogan said although he can't order schools to reopen, he can explore every legal option to make that happen.

"If school systems do not immediately begin a good faith effort to return to the classrooms we will explore every legal avenue at our disposal," Hogan said. "Our children simply can not afford any more endless roadblocks or any more moving of the goalposts. The time has come to get all of our kids back into the classrooms and to reopen our schools."
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Fauci Said Working With Biden Now Instead Of Trump Is "Liberating".
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pa ... liberating
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:56 pm Fauci Said Working With Biden Now Instead Of Trump Is "Liberating".
are we still waiting on that regeneron data???

i do sympathize with fauci's prior predicament.
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:56 pm Fauci Said Working With Biden Now Instead Of Trump Is "Liberating".
I heard him talking crazy.... he said they will rely on data and evidence.... just insanity.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:37 pm
I heard him talking crazy.... he said they will rely on data and evidence.... just insanity.
like prelim data on regeneron? they're out of the hospital 2 days earlier!

and the community mask studies that will be coming out any day now??
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:37 pm
like prelim data on regeneron? they're out of the hospital 2 days earlier!

and the community mask studies that will be coming out any day now??
In haven’t heard and hadn’t followed it. I just overheard Fauci make a general statement on the evening news. Mother in law is here and she watches the evening news. I am not waiting on a mask study. I am wearing mine. It is at best a minor inconvenience for me. If it’s an inconvenience at all.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Not possible. We were assured by many posters here the Fauci couldn't possibly have to worry about politics, and was entirely independent, and didn't report directly to Trump. :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

We found that communities with high reported mask-wearing and physical distancing had the highest predicted probability of transmission control.

"Segmented regression analysis of reported mask-wearing showed no statistically significant change in the slope after mandates were introduced; however, the upward trend in reported mask-wearing was preserved."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm
Not possible. We were assured by many posters here the Fauci couldn't possibly have to worry about politics, and was entirely independent, and didn't report directly to Trump. :roll:
Which means what? Fauci broke his hypocritical oath b/c of Trump?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:08 pm We found that communities with high reported mask-wearing and physical distancing had the highest predicted probability of transmission control.

"Segmented regression analysis of reported mask-wearing showed no statistically significant change in the slope after mandates were introduced; however, the upward trend in reported mask-wearing was preserved."
Thanks. Masks aren’t a cure but anything that can help reduce the spread is a good idea. Social distancing is best but hard to generate economic activity under strict social distancing protocol. Trying to find that fine line is elusive. I thought effective therapeutics would help but I was wrong. Something like Regeneron may prove effective in reducing hospital stays or saving lives but I was hoping for something that would keep people out of the hospital altogether. Maybe something will come up. It would make it easier on everyone. Other than the death count, I haven’t been following drug development.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

this is the good stuff right here.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:08 pm We found that communities with high reported mask-wearing and physical distancing had the highest predicted probability of transmission control.

so control measures, adequate or otherwise, didn't make a difference?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:12 pm Which means what? Fauci broke his hypocritical oath b/c of Trump?
No. This means Fauci is better able to do his job, an important job, while being managed by Biden instead of Trump. More than this, this says worlds about so much else Corona-related, workers and otherwise, that will also be "liberated".
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:19 pm
this is the good stuff right here.
No, this is the honest stuff.

It should be easier for folks with partisan (and therefore defensive) views to understand my point now that we have a new POTUS with a different letter by his name....

.....Fauci works for Biden. Full stop. And Fauci doesn't get to make the calls. Biden does. It's how our country works.

Just as it did with Trump. I find it-----puzzling----that anyone would think that Fauci was, or is, in charge of our country's response to the Pandemic. This was true under Trump, and is true under Biden.

Return to “POLITICS”