Trumpista fascists on the march

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Trumpista fascists on the march

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:20 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am [........but citizenship is and should be a big deal.
for what? clearly not voting (in some locals) or getting a Maryland photo ID.
You don't want foreign citizens to have a driver's license?
I'm not in favor of federal voting rights, though I could be persuaded of local voting rights for legal visa holders if that's what a local jurisdiction wants to do...I actually believe in democracy and self-determination.

Anytime you want to renounce your US citizenship (which is necessary to become a citizen of China) go ahead.

Assuming another country will take you, you have the right of renunciation.
... Gu is not likely to renounce citizenship but with the white supremacists running around and their hatred for all things Asian, who knows?
I wonder how that works, given that China requires renunciation in order to be a citizen, can't be a citizen of another country...

https://olympics.com/ioc/faq/competing- ... ationality

No big deal in the World Games in lacrosse...but if I'm not mistaken, in the Olympics you need to be a citizen of the country for whom you compete.
China can do whatever they want, if they want to make an exception. Don't need to make exception if she was born in China. Olympic committee accepts citizens or nationals based on the google I just did. She was raised in the US, but was she born in China?

... born in San Francisco.
... seems to be significant speculation that China has made a dual citizenship exception for her (VOA News).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am [........but citizenship is and should be a big deal.
I'm not in favor of federal voting rights, though I could be persuaded of local voting rights for legal visa holders if that's what a local jurisdiction wants to do...I actually believe in democracy and self-determination.

Anytime you want to renounce your US citizenship (which is necessary to become a citizen of China) go ahead.

... Gu is not likely to renounce citizenship but with the white supremacists running around and their hatred for all things Asian, who knows?
I wonder how that works, given that China requires renunciation in order to be a citizen, can't be a citizen of another country...

No big deal in the World Games in lacrosse...but if I'm not mistaken, in the Olympics you need to be a citizen of the country for whom you compete.
China can do whatever they want, if they want to make an exception. Don't need to make exception if she was born in China. Olympic committee accepts citizens or nationals based on the google I just did. She was raised in the US, but was she born in China?
Born and raised in the US. San Francisco.
Mother was born in China. Father is not on the scene and a bit of mystery.

She's not a "national" unless she becomes a Chinese citizen, and unless there's an exception (and boy would a lot of Chinese like for there to be one!) she can't be both.

But I agree, the Party can do whatever it wants, for whatever reasons it wants.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

... seems to be significant speculation that China has made a dual citizenship exception for her (VOA News).
Interesting that she won't answer direct questions about it. Deflects.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:39 pm

Interesting that she won't answer direct questions about it. Deflects.
...yup, but could mean anything. She is not the only American athlete in this position.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:38 pm

Born and raised in the US. San Francisco.
Mother was born in China. Father is not on the scene and a bit of mystery.

She's not a "national" unless she becomes a Chinese citizen, and unless there's an exception (and boy would a lot of Chinese like for there to be one!) she can't be both.

But I agree, the Party can do whatever it wants, for whatever reasons it wants.

Dad supposedly is a Harvard guy (i’m calling bs on this head fake by the mom). No one wants to say who he is, but we do know mom was an investment banker. Female I bankers are total sharks. I’m betting a very rich dude who covered the house in Tahoe and the private schooling.

Couple curious things. Eileens birthday is my birthday, not kidding. And I had a gf exactly like her mom, from China, who was an investment banker!!!! And to the extent I’d have an 18 year old right now, I need to do deeper long form math.

She could be mine is all I’m saying. :lol:

Emergency press conference right after the closing ceremonies.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trumpers fold like cheap card tables. An observation that needs to be taken to heart by liberals defending the democracy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:48 pm Trumpers fold like cheap card tables. An observation that needs to be taken to heart by liberals defending the democracy.
Of course they do. They’ve been soft as charmin the entire time. Most people just let civility kick in a little and gave up too much ground to them. The French are tougher.

The bigger concern is that our own folks are initiating false flag operations to hurt their fellow people. They’re back to trying to hide like rats.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But what will they actually do?

The retiring Kinzinger said in an interview on Monday that his party should be focused on Greene and Gosar, not him, but had little confidence in that playing out.

“What I think we should do is kick them out of the party. What do I think we’re going to do? Nothing. Liz and I can get censured, they’re going to get help up as the future leaders of the party,” he said in an interview.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Ukrainian pilots in Poland to take delivery on 70 serviceable Russian (Soviet era) jet aircraft. Most are MiG 29s.
The Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:47 pm Ukrainian pilots in Poland to take delivery on 70 serviceable Russian (Soviet era) jet aircraft. Most are MiG 29s.
The Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.
That could make a significant difference.

But I think this is the wrong thread?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Whenever I see the FLP post on this thread, I can set my watch to the fact they’re trying to cover up some anti-democratic Antifa action.

And sure enough yesterday, Antifa interrupted a perfectly peaceful rally for some Republican candidate from Oregon running for Governor.

Watch the video as these black masked dweebs toss smoke bombs at infants….yup, infants. This is the paramilitary wing of the DNC, in case anyone isn’t sure.

https://twitter.com/cecisback/status/15 ... gmJS1k-Owg

https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status ... gmJS1k-Owg

Any Fanlax libs disturbed by this?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

[Virginia] Board of Education moves forward with draft history standards despite harsh feedback

>> Historians said standards dealing with labor unions were scrapped and the term “fascism” was removed from the section on World War II.

That's some interesting logic there...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:19 pm [Virginia] Board of Education moves forward with draft history standards despite harsh feedback

>> Historians said standards dealing with labor unions were scrapped and the term “fascism” was removed from the section on World War II.

That's some interesting logic there...
So…not teaching about the Second World War
njbill

Post by njbill »

Are they teaching that the South won the Civil War in Virginia now?
old salt

Post by old salt »

They don't want students to think that fascists applies only to Italians in the 1930's-40's. They want it to apply to all Republicans.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm They don't want students to think that fascists applies only to Italians in the 1930's-40's. They want it to apply to all Republicans.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”