OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am If I was forced to make the lines?

BC -10
NU - 5
JMU - 7
Nailed that one, anyway. I would have lost my shirt on the BC line if I was in the business of bookmaking.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:59 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:27 am If I was forced to make the lines?

BC -10
NU - 5
JMU - 7
Nailed that one, anyway. I would have lost my shirt on the BC line if I was in the business of bookmaking.
I won't forget :twisted: :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:11 am

BC -10
NU - 5
JMU - 7
Yeah--hey, did you happen to notice if one spidey44 happened to make a prediction on a line yesterday? (heh-heh)
If so, I'll eat some more crow. (Can I at least have some salt?)
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:11 am

BC -10
NU - 5
JMU - 7
Yeah--hey, did you happen to notice if one spidey44 happened to make a prediction on a line yesterday? (heh-heh)
If so, I'll eat some more crow. (Can I at least have some salt?)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OuttaNowhereWregget

One has to wonder...

Thinking back...had Syracuse been healthy in 2021, and boasted a lineup including Emily Hawryschuk and Meg Carney, BC might be 0-6 in national championship final games. Yikes. 1-5 is tough enough. Without a doubt BC benefitted from a weakened Orange lineup, not to mention Syracuse lost Emma Tyrrell during the game after back to back yellows in the first half if memory serves. Before Emma went out, the game was still tight. Even that game might have had a different outcome had the younger Tyrrell played till the final horn. But we'll never know.

Think about it, would BC even have made the Final Four in '21 if Charlotte North and Jen Medjid had been injured and not playing? Now, don't get me wrong--I was walking on sunshine when the Eagles won, (having been one of my foremost bucket list wishes)--but BC got lucky meeting a relatively decimated Orange team in the final.

uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

I think UNC is definitely top 6. Great offense, improving defense & midfield. Has scored loads of goals to start the season.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:20 pm I think UNC is definitely top 6. Great offense, improving defense & midfield. Has scored loads of goals to start the season.
Disagree. They fail the eye test for a top 6 team for me.
Top 6 are bc, nw, cuse, nd, jmu, md. Their “great offense” scored basically the same number of goals against uva that Princeton, Stanford and Cornell did…
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:32 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:20 pm I think UNC is definitely top 6. Great offense, improving defense & midfield. Has scored loads of goals to start the season.
Disagree. They fail the eye test for a top 6 team for me.
Top 6 are bc, nw, cuse, nd, jmu, md. Their “great offense” scored basically the same number of goals against uva that Princeton, Stanford and Cornell did…
Sorry—Michigan also above unc.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

The same Maryland team who lost to the same Florida team at home that UNC beat by 9? UNC struggled at UVA but still came out.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:43 pm The same Maryland team who lost to the same Florida team at home that UNC beat by 9? UNC struggled at UVA but still came out.
Yes. Marylands best win is over an excellent cuse team. Unc best win is a squeaker over uva. My opinion.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

UNC’s best win was a 19-10 win over Florida. Syracuse wasn’t even playing their best and MD won in overtime. MD’s offense is struggling and their defense is the only thing keeping them alive. UNC’s offense has scored 89 goals in their first 5 games, 7 more than they did in the 2022 season.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

uncfan1013 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:52 pm UNC’s best win was a 19-10 win over Florida. Syracuse wasn’t even playing their best and MD won in overtime. MD’s offense is struggling and their defense is the only thing keeping them alive. UNC’s offense has scored 89 goals in their first 5 games, 7 more than they did in the 2022 season.
I have watched all of their games. Just disagree with your “definite top 6” assessment. Definite top 10 for me!!
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

I don’t see them as a definite top 6 rn too but imo I think when their defense can be as good their offense we are very good.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:58 pm People are free to say what they want, but not being a dick when commenting on teams is also a good philosophy. However, I know some people are inherently negative and it shines through on sports forums. I don’t get offended, but I also try to not be a dick.
Words to live by. I hear you, too, lacrossemwj and wanted to acknowledge the sentiments. Keep the good vibes flowing like a sunny tailgate
OuttaNowhereWregget

Picked-up pieces 3.10.24

Picked-up pieces while waiting and hoping for James Madison to make it four in a row over Maryland. 11am on BTN+ on the astro turf field hockey field at College Park.

I have a cousin a good few years my senior who has more get-up-and-go in her pinky finger than I have in my whole body. She's lived in Boston most of her life so she's plenty familiar with sports. We stay current so she knows all about my interest in women's lacrosse. I told her I was going to the NU at BC game on Feb 29th and that it would be nationally televised. So she watched a women’s lacrosse game for the first time in her 70 plus years. Afterwards, she told me she was “mesmerized” and ended up watching and thoroughly enjoying the entire game. She said the players who impressed her the most were #2 in black (Erin Coykendall) and #1 in white (Rachel Clark). Cool, huh?

What distinguishes Noah Coffman and Eli Berk from the big time mainstream broadcasters is that Berk and Coffman actually call the game, like professionals, the way announcers are supposed to. Whereas the well known national broadcasters tend to be too chatty. Jay Alter, the play-by-play guy seems frequently to be acting as facilitator—searching for conversation starters and cool questions for his co-host(s) rather than doing his job describing the action on the field. Gets annoying when goals are being scored or great plays are being made while the co-host(s) are distracted because they’re in the middle of finishing a thought or answering one of his neat-o questions.

I simply cannot put Boston College at number two on my top 20 renkings (sic). (That’s the sublime Texas accent of Meg Carney’s influence—me spelling it like that.) THEY HAVEN’T BEATEN ANYBODY YET! They'll get their opportunities soon enough though as games vs ACC foes Notre Dame, Carolina, Virginia and Syracuse loom. Until then, I'm not putting them at #2. They don't even make my top 5. (I ain't no hometown cheerleader.)

I didn't consider Virginia beating the Irish at Notre Dame an upset yesterday. Nor did I consider Johns Hopkins beating Stony Brook an upset. As one Yanyan Li tweeted yesterday, “College lacrosse has so much more parity this season.” Well said, Yanyan.

Finally—what’s with the AM start times? 10:30, 11:00? I’m not complaining, mind you—it’s just a new wrinkle this season that I’m just coming to notice. The more women’s lacrosse spread out over more time slots, the better. (Right, Sea?)
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Picked-up pieces 3.10.24

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:49 am Picked-up pieces while waiting and hoping for James Madison to make it four in a row over Maryland. 11am on BTN+ on the astro turf field hockey field at College Park.

I have a cousin a good few years my senior who has more get-up-and-go in her pinky finger than I have in my whole body. She's lived in Boston most of her life so she's plenty familiar with sports. We stay current so she knows all about my interest in women's lacrosse. I told her I was going to the NU at BC game on Feb 29th and that it would be nationally televised. So she watched a women’s lacrosse game for the first time in her 70 plus years. Afterwards, she told me she was “mesmerized” and ended up watching and thoroughly enjoying the entire game. She said the players who impressed her the most were #2 in black (Erin Coykendall) and #1 in white (Rachel Clark). Cool, huh?

What distinguishes Noah Coffman and Eli Berk from the big time mainstream broadcasters is that Berk and Coffman actually call the game, like professionals, the way announcers are supposed to. Whereas the well known national broadcasters tend to be too chatty. Jay Alter, the play-by-play guy seems frequently to be acting as facilitator—searching for conversation starters and cool questions for his co-host(s) rather than doing his job describing the action on the field. Gets annoying when goals are being scored or great plays are being made while the co-host(s) are distracted because they’re in the middle of finishing a thought or answering one of his neat-o questions.

I simply cannot put Boston College at number two on my top 20 renkings (sic). (That’s the sublime Texas accent of Meg Carney’s influence—me spelling it like that.) THEY HAVEN’T BEATEN ANYBODY YET! They'll get their opportunities soon enough though as games vs ACC foes Notre Dame, Carolina, Virginia and Syracuse loom. Until then, I'm not putting them at #2. They don't even make my top 5. (I ain't no hometown cheerleader.)

I didn't consider Virginia beating the Irish at Notre Dame an upset yesterday. Nor did I consider Johns Hopkins beating Stony Brook an upset. As one Yanyan Li tweeted yesterday, “College lacrosse has so much more parity this season.” Well said, Yanyan.

Finally—what’s with the AM start times? 10:30, 11:00? I’m not complaining, mind you—it’s just a new wrinkle this season that I’m just coming to notice. The more women’s lacrosse spread out over more time slots, the better. (Right, Sea?)
Right!

If one of you could give updates for the JMU - Maryland game, it would be much appreciated. Maryland by one -- 15-14?
DMac

Post by DMac »

From live stats:
4-2 JMU, end of one.
JMU scorers:
Morgan, Peterson (FPS...gotta have 'em), Epke, Mattis.
Maryland scorers:
Clevenger, Edmunson (FPS....yup, gotta have 'em)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Maryland fans all giddy like

...maybe they forgettin this one team slightly north of the City of Broad Shoulders...

We'll see what things look like Saturday night, April 6th come nixt to eight toighty.

Pass that test, then they be the Big 10 Tourney.

Pass that test, then they be the NCAA's... Looooong ass row to hoe yet, ye fans of the little turtles....😼
jff97

Re: Maryland fans all giddy like

Post by jff97 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:29 pm ...maybe they forgettin this one team slightly north of the City of Broad Shoulders...

We'll see what things look like Saturday night, April 6th come nixt to eight toighty.

Pass that test, then they be the Big 10 Tourney.

Pass that test, then they be the NCAA's... Looooong ass row to hoe yet, ye fans of the little turtles....😼
Not sure any MD fans are giddy just yet. No one is forgetting about Northwestern. Just excited the team has passed its biggest OOC tests after coming up short against top competition basically all of last season. Hopefully both teams hold up their end of the bargain before they play each other on April 6.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”