Hopkins
80%
Lehigh
20%

Total votes: 44

norcalhop

Re: #3 Hopkins vs Lehigh Sunday @ noon

Post by norcalhop »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 pm Hopkins lucks out, Lehigh foookks up.
Yea lucks out with a 3 goal win. Clown take.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

It's clear if Hopkins keeps winning, heads on here will explode. Good riddance. The haters can keep downing salt.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:59 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:53 pm Dunn’s late-game FO heroics and the middies won the game.

Collison (4 goals, 1 assist), Peshko (2 goals, 1 assist), and Bauer (1 goal, 2 assists) ramped up the aggression and were key to this win.

Even Degnon, with a hard dodge and a right-handed goal, got into the aggression game.

If the Blue Jays are going to have any chance next week, the FO crew will need their best game and the Hopkins middies will need to absolutely abuse Virginia’s defensive midfielders.

Crawley and PM need to abandon Tulip Ball for good.

DocBarrister
you should be limited to saying aggression 50x for the rest of the year.
Yeah … f*ck that.

How’s that for aggression?

I’m displaying the attitude the Blue Jays need the rest of the way.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:00 pm Jays went on a 6-1 run after norcalhop put on the Georgetown game. Do us a favor and don't watch the quarterfinal next week?
Gladly if that's what it takes. We need the mute button on this forum as well.
Last edited by norcalhop on Sun May 12, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:59 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:53 pm Dunn’s late-game FO heroics and the middies won the game.

Collison (4 goals, 1 assist), Peshko (2 goals, 1 assist), and Bauer (1 goal, 2 assists) ramped up the aggression and were key to this win.

Even Degnon, with a hard dodge and a right-handed goal, got into the aggression game.

If the Blue Jays are going to have any chance next week, the FO crew will need their best game and the Hopkins middies will need to absolutely abuse Virginia’s defensive midfielders.

DocBarrister
you should be limited to saying aggression 50x for the rest of the year.
Yeah … f*ck that.

How’s that for aggression?

I’m displaying the attitude the Blue Jays need the rest of the way.

DocBarrister 8-)
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Penn State winning. Let's go.
Finster

Post by Finster »

DocBarrister

You guys are so bizarre. Do you realize you already beat the team which you’re saying you only have one chance against (to win faceoffs) in order to win the game? On their field no less.

I doubt the Blue Jay players share your lack of confidence.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Two straight quarterfinals,

that hasn't happened in 10 years.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Finster wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:05 pm

DocBarrister
You guys are so bizarre. Do you realize you already beat the team which you’re saying you only have one chance against (to win faceoffs) in order to win the game? On their field no less.

I mean, I am more optimistic than most, but I can acknowledge that they are not playing particularly well right now and Virginia will be favored. But maybe that plays into the Jays favor. They haven't been underdogs in awhile. They definitely have a chance, but a similar effort as today won't cut it.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm One thing I wanted to note … because of his more aggressive play, Collison even drew a longpole for a while.

Call that progress.

Collison can be a beast … if Crawley and PM allow him to be.

DocBarrister
Collison had a great game, but not sure "aggression" had anything to do with it. 3 of 4 goals were "catch-and-shoot" goals resulting from good ball movement and off-ball play. Off-ball play in general was much better than in the past few weeks.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

Difference was contribution by Peshko. Melendez still doing nothing.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm
“Hopkins is a terrible team. It is what it is. Pathetic showing. Giving up a turnover on last possession and at times not even getting a shot off.”

This was you an hour ago 😂
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

StephenBaldwin wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:12 pm
“Hopkins is a terrible team. It is what it is. Pathetic showing. Giving up a turnover on last possession and at times not even getting a shot off.”

They aren't a championship caliber team from what they showed today. I don't dispute that. Meanwhile, work on your math.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

primitiveskills wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:01 pm One thing I wanted to note … because of his more aggressive play, Collison even drew a longpole for a while.

Call that progress.

Collison can be a beast … if Crawley and PM allow him to be.

DocBarrister
Collison had a great game, but not sure "aggression" had anything to do with it. 3 of 4 goals were "catch-and-shoot" goals resulting from good ball movement and off-ball play. Off-ball play in general was much better than in the past few weeks.
His catch and shoots often came off a hard dodge by the passer, opening space for him. Bauer’s hard dodge, drawing three defenders, left Collison wide open on one goal.

His dodge and goal against a SSDM was nothing but aggression.

Peshko also had a goal off a hard dodge. So did Degnon with his right hand.

Hard dodges open up those “catch-and-shoots.” Don’t even need to beat their man, just get the opposing D moving.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Anish..."Gutty win by the Jays"

Quint: "Lehigh still 5-0 in one-goal games".
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

get it to x wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:27 pm Anish..."Gutty win by the Jays"

Quaint might be Stephen on this thread. I hope someone better (a very low bar) is calling the UVa game.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister

What are you talking about?

I just said the Blue Jays need to win FOs and the middies abuse the Virginia defensive middies in order to win.

That’s not a lack of confidence … that’s simply how they won the first game.

Dunn and Calahan won 20 of 34 FOs.

Collison had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Peshko had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Grimes had 1 goal and 1 assist.

Again, in order for Hopkins to defeat Virginia, the FO crew needs their best game and the Hopkins middies need to abuse the Virginia defensive middies.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Finster

Post by Finster »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 pm
StephenBaldwin wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:12 pm

They aren't a championship caliber team from what they showed today. I don't dispute that. Meanwhile, work on your math.

Hopkins and Syracuse share so much when it comes to lacrosse, and one we can all agree on is their teams’ fans’ passion.

The difference however is quite obvious: Cuse fans seem to expect perfection, while Hopkins fans seem to always expect the worst. Maybe you guys see it differently but this is my experience.

Makes. The. World. Go. Around. 😂
Finster

Post by Finster »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:32 pm

DocBarrister

What are you talking about?

I just said the Blue Jays need to win FOs and the middies abuse the Virginia defensive middies in order to win.

That’s not a lack of confidence … that’s simply how they won the first game.

Dunn and Calahan won 20 of 34 FOs.

Collison had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Peshko had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Grimes had 1 goal and 1 assist.

Again, in order for Hopkins to defeat Virginia, the FO crew needs their best game and the Hopkins middies need to abuse the Virginia defensive middies.

DocBarrister

If the spread is any more than 2 in favor of UVA, I’m putting money on JHU.
StephenBaldwin

Post by StephenBaldwin »

norcalhop wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 pm
get it to x wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:27 pm Anish..."Gutty win by the Jays"

Quaint might be Stephen on this thread. I hope someone better (a very low bar) is calling the UVa game.
Definitely not quint, didn’t even consider that dumpster fire program

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”