The Fourth Estate and Politics

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by youthathletics »

You and I surely know the difference. Maybe that headline could be used for those indicted. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

CNN must have meant he's an alleged conservative.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:15 am Notice the headline and the picture...that is the best we can get on a story headline. Embarrassing for CNN.

Maybe he paid the guy! :D
Maybe AP headline writers and CNN are in cahoots. https://twitter.com/ap/status/1098985842444562432?s=21
Brian Williams, Manti Te'o and now Jussie Smollett: Here's a look at public figures accused of bending the truth.

Bending the truth or Lying.....embarrassing themselves yet again.
You can have footage of a liberal blasting a conservative and its alleged

Liberal merely claims he was attacked by a conservative—a modern day lynching

Media can never regain credibility after the past few weeks—NEVER
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:43 pm You and I surely know the difference. Maybe that headline could be used for those indicted. ;)
I was agreeing with you. Who knows. Cnn could be lying or bending the truth. Given the fiasco with the actor, who knows....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

TLD: Thanks. FYI, I don’t read comments on the Internet. Much like I don’t get news or follow stuff on Twitter and Instagram except for lacrosse teams, a microbiologist and a couple of financial publications.
Good lord...I hope you don't read newspapers or read books or think for yourself. EVERYONE, including the leader of the free world, eschews, books, newspapers and most all, government agencies (CIA, FBI, NSA) as sources of truth.

EG. If said agencies, tasked with ensuring the safety of citizens, issues a warning that North Korea developed a nuclear missile that may be capable of striking the West Coast, don't believe 'em. Simply text @VPKREM for the correct answer.
Typical Lax Dad

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:40 pm
TLD: Thanks. FYI, I don’t read comments on the Internet. Much like I don’t get news or follow stuff on Twitter and Instagram except for lacrosse teams, a microbiologist and a couple of financial publications.
Good lord...I hope you don't read newspapers or read books or think for yourself. EVERYONE, including the leader of the free world, eschews, books, newspapers and most all, government agencies (CIA, FBI, NSA) as sources of truth.

EG. If said agencies, tasked with ensuring the safety of citizens, issues a warning that North Korea developed a nuclear missile that may be capable of striking the West Coast, don't believe 'em. Simply text @VPKREM for the correct answer.
Imagine if people thought for themselves! I actually had a guy complain that I don't think like most people. I thanked him for the compliment.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Imagine if people thought for themselves! I actually had a guy complain that I don't think like most people. I thanked him for the compliment.
If I thought like most other people I would probably be a nervous wreck like many of the folks here on this forum. It is not so much about being right or wrong on any particular topic. It is about not going with the flow because that is what everybody else thinks. Group think is about as use full as a case of the clap and even harder to cure.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 pm

If I thought like most other people I would probably be a nervous wreck like many of the folks here on this forum. It is not so much about being right or wrong on any particular topic. It is about not going with the flow because that is what everybody else thinks. Group think is about as use full as a case of the clap and even harder to cure.
Nobody on this forum strikes me as nervous. Informed but not nervous.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Yeah, i am probably under estimating the mental stability of a couple of folks on this forum. Informed yes but still bat crap crazy in the methodology they use to analyze the issues of the day. Blind unadulterated hatred does very little for clear thinking.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Yeah, i am probably under estimating the mental stability of a couple of folks on this forum. Informed yes but still bat crap crazy in the methodology they use to analyze the issues of the day. Blind unadulterated hatred does very little for clear thinking.
un huh
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Another example of weaponizing the federal Alphabet soup to destroy republicans

Big headlines to start

A nothing prosecution, Case closed no big deal

But thats OK the republicans ruined anyway.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/forme ... committee/
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:39 pm Another example of weaponizing the federal Alphabet soup to destroy republicans

Big headlines to start

A nothing prosecution, Case closed no big deal

But thats OK the republicans ruined anyway.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/forme ... committee/
Under the agreement, Schock has to reimburse his campaign committee $68,000. He has to pay outstanding taxes from 2010 to 2015, as well as admit certain facts, including that he failed to accurately report mileage.
No big deal - $68k, plus some unknown amount for being a tax cheat....that's some real money owe for doing nothing wrong.
In a statement, Schock said he was pleased with the outcome of the case and while noting that mistakes were made in his campaign and congressional offices, “mistakes are not crimes.”
That's a good one...sometimes mistakes are just mistakes...wonder why some are so quick to condem AOC for, what may turn out to be, a mistake.
Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am Fox News Quietly Ditched Trump-Loving Sheriff David Clarke

Bub-bye. Good riddance.

Trying to gain some distance as the ship takes on water. Good riddance.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Not enough flair is fatal on Fox.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm Not enough flair is fatal on Fox.
David Clarke, former Milwaukee County sheriff, banned from Fox News: Report
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:39 pm Another example of weaponizing the federal Alphabet soup to destroy republicans
Right. Except for returning $78K and paying several years of back taxes, he's clean as a whistle. Nothing to see here.

So what's your advice with Cortez and her alleged financial malfeasance? Should we take your advice and not investigate her?

Because we sure wouldn't want to "weaponize" the FBI, right? ;)

Return to “POLITICS”