Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by spidey44 »

The bill paying job keeping me a bit busy today, but will try to get an early line out for SB/Hop shortly ;)
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:08 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 20s (at the time) and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Totally fair. Going with the upset. Taking the Mounts with a win by 2. Heard the kids had too much steak last night at their bougie steakhouse.
I’m cleaning up.
Attachments
IMG_9236 Small.jpeg
IMG_9236 Small.jpeg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 873 times
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:09 pm
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 20s (at the time) and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Totally fair. Going with the upset. Taking the Mounts with a win by 2. Heard the kids had too much steak last night at their bougie steakhouse.
I’m cleaning up.
You called it. Didn’t see that coming for sure.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:07 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:09 pm
High Point -5.5
I’m cleaning up.
You called it. Didn’t see that coming for sure.
I was pressured to make a line! 🤣🤣🤣
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:17 am Obviously the most intriguing matchup of the day is Denver vs Northwestern. I think the Pios have something to prove tonight after a slow 3-2 start. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get right tonight against the Cats. Northwestern just has too many big guns that can penetrate the Denver D. Conversely, the Pios just can't score enough against good defenses. That said, I think it will be close most of the game, but the Champs will pull away.
Northwestern -4.5
Wow! did you nail this one. Both with the line and the assessment of exactly how the game would go. (Hey, you ain't no ringer, is ya?) 😉

Imagine if one bet the house on NU and saw Scane's point blank cannon rock the crossbar with :58 left--and then watched Denver score the garbage time goal with :21 left to blow the spread for the Wildcats? Oh man--somebody would have been smashing something somewhere. 🤣

spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:43 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:17 am Obviously the most intriguing matchup of the day is Denver vs Northwestern. I think the Pios have something to prove tonight after a slow 3-2 start. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get right tonight against the Cats. Northwestern just has too many big guns that can penetrate the Denver D. Conversely, the Pios just can't score enough against good defenses. That said, I think it will be close most of the game, but the Champs will pull away.
Northwestern -4.5
Wow! did you nail this one. Both with the line and the assessment of exactly how the game would go. (Hey, you ain't no ringer, is ya?) 😉

Imagine if one bet the house on NU and saw Scane's point blank cannon rock the crossbar with :58 left--and then watched Denver score the garbage time goal with :21 left to blow the spread for the Wildcats? Oh man--somebody would have been smashing something somewhere. 🤣

This is why I actually think I NAILED the 4.5 #. Denver calling time out to get one last goal down 5. Let's be honest, NU knew the game was over and maybe just maybe didn't play 100% that last 30 seconds? NU wins by 4.5...ha!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

We got some good games on deck for a dreary day in the MidAtlantic.

First up we have UVA traveling to South Bend. Will the Irish enlist a big home field advantage and play in the elements (high of 41, 16mph winds), or will they play it safe in the safe confines of the poorly lit, terrible looking Loftus Sports Center (someone may actually have this answer, but I couldn't find it - assuming they continue playing indoors). The Irish come off a tightly contested defensive battle with the Heels and look to put their offense back to work. The Hoos come into town riding a very respectable 6-1 start with their lone loss a 1 goal margin against UNC - the two teams lone common opponent thus far. The LaMonica's have the Hoos playing very well coming into today, and I look for this to be a much tighter game than what many probably thought would be an easy W for Notre Dame after their early victory against the defending champs. In the end though, I do think ND has too much firepower for the Hoos to handle and look to double their scoring output from last week.
ND -3.5

Another noon kickoff sees the Orange rolling into Blacksburg to face the Hokies. Skiera has her squad winning the games they should be, but VT has yet to be a challenge for a top 10 opponent. Going to guess Treanor had her troops locked in the last couple days after the heartbreaker at home. Look for the Orange to come out with guns a-blazing. This one won't be close folks. I see a running clock and this one will be over quick.
Syracuse -11.5

An interesting B1G matchup with Penn State heading to Rutgers. The two units have started the year on opposite paths. Rutgers with a strong 5-1 start, and Penn State coming into the year with their usual high expectations and ranking (preseason 18) are off to a very unimpressive 2-4 start. Neither will be a challenge for a B1G title anytime soon, but the Scarlet Knights are at least moving in the right direction and have that fight in them. Today will see the teams continuing their trajectories and the Scarlet Knights will have the Nittany Lions helping to push their long tenured coach another step towards the exit.
Rutgers -4.5

Mid afternoon draw has the Heels heading down 85 to face the hype machine that is the Clemson Tigers. Similarly to the Hokies, the Tigers continue to beat up on the usual suspects, but when faced with a top 15 foe, they get smacked in the mouth. Today will be no different. Jenny Levy will have the Heels primed for a big ACC road win. Clemson has a lot of heat behind them with the program's breakout start last year and early success this year, but today the Heels will put on an offensive display. Look for the Heels to jump on the Tigers early with suffocating D and fast paced offense. UNC takes the fight out of the Tigers and soon after the opening draw, the game will be decided.
UNC -7.5

Finally a cold wet day in Baltimore sees Stony Brook coming to Hopkins. Tim McCormack has his ladies off to a nice 6-2 start but today will face the elder Long Islander and a tough Seawolves squad. Spallina leading his squad to the victory IN the dome changed this scribe's opinion. Stony Brook will continue their winning ways as they enter the other Lax Mecca that is Homewood. McCormack will have his team fighting to keep it close, but in the end, Masera and company will be too much for the Jays.
Stony Brook -5.5
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am Finally a cold wet day in Baltimore sees Stony Brook coming to Hopkins. Tim McCormack has his ladies off to a nice 6-2 start but today will face the elder Long Islander and a tough Seawolves squad. Spallina leading his squad to the victory IN the dome changed this scribe's opinion. Stony Brook will continue their winning ways as they enter the other Lax Mecca that is Homewood. McCormack will have his team fighting to keep it close, but in the end, Masera and company will be too much for the Jays.
Stony Brook -5.5
I'm going with the Stony-Brook-will-have-an-emotional-let-down-after-their-heady-win-over-Syracuse angle. Hop is hungry to be taken seriously in the polls again and get a headline grabbing win after two disappointing yet hard fought back-to-back losses to Loyola and Penn. Not to mention their motivation to break the 6 game losing streak to the Seawolves. I wouldn't be shocked if Hop pulls the upset. Regardless of the final outcome--I'm taking the points. Put me down for a C note.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:23 am
I'm going with the Stony-Brook-will-have-an-emotional-let-down-after-their-heady-win-over-Syracuse angle. Hop is hungry to be taken seriously in the polls again and get a headline grabbing win after two disappointing yet hard fought back-to-back losses to Loyola and Penn. Not to mention their motivation to break the 6 game losing streak to the Seawolves. I wouldn't be shocked if Hop pulls the upset. Regardless of the final outcome--I'm taking the points. Put me down for a C note.
You're in.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

spidey44 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am We got some good games on deck for a dreary day in the MidAtlantic.

First up we have UVA traveling to South Bend. Will the Irish enlist a big home field advantage and play in the elements (high of 41, 16mph winds), or will they play it safe in the safe confines of the poorly lit, terrible looking Loftus Sports Center (someone may actually have this answer, but I couldn't find it - assuming they continue playing indoors). The Irish come off a tightly contested defensive battle with the Heels and look to put their offense back to work. The Hoos come into town riding a very respectable 6-1 start with their lone loss a 1 goal margin against UNC - the two teams lone common opponent thus far. The LaMonica's have the Hoos playing very well coming into today, and I look for this to be a much tighter game than what many probably thought would be an easy W for Notre Dame after their early victory against the defending champs. In the end though, I do think ND has too much firepower for the Hoos to handle and look to double their scoring output from last week.
ND -3.5

Another noon kickoff sees the Orange rolling into Blacksburg to face the Hokies. Skiera has her squad winning the games they should be, but VT has yet to be a challenge for a top 10 opponent. Going to guess Treanor had her troops locked in the last couple days after the heartbreaker at home. Look for the Orange to come out with guns a-blazing. This one won't be close folks. I see a running clock and this one will be over quick.
Syracuse -11.5

An interesting B1G matchup with Penn State heading to Rutgers. The two units have started the year on opposite paths. Rutgers with a strong 5-1 start, and Penn State coming into the year with their usual high expectations and ranking (preseason 18) are off to a very unimpressive 2-4 start. Neither will be a challenge for a B1G title anytime soon, but the Scarlet Knights are at least moving in the right direction and have that fight in them. Today will see the teams continuing their trajectories and the Scarlet Knights will have the Nittany Lions helping to push their long tenured coach another step towards the exit.
Rutgers -4.5

Mid afternoon draw has the Heels heading down 85 to face the hype machine that is the Clemson Tigers. Similarly to the Hokies, the Tigers continue to beat up on the usual suspects, but when faced with a top 15 foe, they get smacked in the mouth. Today will be no different. Jenny Levy will have the Heels primed for a big ACC road win. Clemson has a lot of heat behind them with the program's breakout start last year and early success this year, but today the Heels will put on an offensive display. Look for the Heels to jump on the Tigers early with suffocating D and fast paced offense. UNC takes the fight out of the Tigers and soon after the opening draw, the game will be decided.
UNC -7.5

Finally a cold wet day in Baltimore sees Stony Brook coming to Hopkins. Tim McCormack has his ladies off to a nice 6-2 start but today will face the elder Long Islander and a tough Seawolves squad. Spallina leading his squad to the victory IN the dome changed this scribe's opinion. Stony Brook will continue their winning ways as they enter the other Lax Mecca that is Homewood. McCormack will have his team fighting to keep it close, but in the end, Masera and company will be too much for the Jays.
Stony Brook -5.5
This has become one of my favorite weekend posts/reads.
Thanks and please keep it up….

From an upset alert standpoint, uva is most likely. But draws and offensive firepower favor the Irish….

Unc has to be hopping mad after loss to ND and should take care of a Clemson team that isn’t demonstrably better than Duke….

Hop hasn’t shown anything elite this year and stony Brook has.

Cuse Hokies has same dynamic as unc / Clemson.

Penn state has more talent…. But it looks like Rutgers has more discipline and has been more consistent so far this year….

A good solid day of lax today….
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:09 am
spidey44 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am We got some good games on deck for a dreary day in the MidAtlantic.

ND -3.5

Syracuse -11.5

Rutgers -4.5

UNC -7.5

Stony Brook -5.5
This has become one of my favorite weekend posts/reads.
Thanks and please keep it up….

From an upset alert standpoint, uva is most likely. But draws and offensive firepower favor the Irish….

Unc has to be hopping mad after loss to ND and should take care of a Clemson team that isn’t demonstrably better than Duke….

Hop hasn’t shown anything elite this year and stony Brook has.

Cuse Hokies has same dynamic as unc / Clemson.

Penn state has more talent…. But it looks like Rutgers has more discipline and has been more consistent so far this year….

A good solid day of lax today….
Sorry. Meant to include in Clemson that they weren’t demonstrably better than Duke in my opinion despite their big head to head win earlier this season!!!
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

ND -3.5

Syracuse -11.5

Rutgers -4.5

UNC -7.5

Stony Brook -5.5
Great job Spidey. You’re very lucky the fix was in yesterday with that late time out and gimmee touchd…I mean goal. Would’ve cleaned you out. And because I like picking upsets, my upset today is Towson over Loyola.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

And because I like picking upsets, my upset today is Towson over Loyola.
After the first three Minutes of this game all I can say is, that clearly is not going to happen.
belleoftheball

Post by belleoftheball »

ND -3.5

Syracuse -11.5

Rutgers -4.5

UNC -7.5

Stony Brook -5.5
Great job. I agree with most of this, but I like an upset. I'm going UVA win by 1, in a relatively low scoring contest. I'm a big fan of Mackenzie Hoeg, very underrated and reliable player.

Clemson game might be closer than expected based on UNC's recent performances, but still think they get a W.

I watched a couple of JHU's games and don't see them winning that one. SBU will prove too much.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:47 am Great job Spidey. You’re very lucky the fix was in yesterday with that late time out and gimmee touchd…I mean goal. Would’ve cleaned you out. And because I like picking upsets, my upset today is Towson over Loyola.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
scrantonlax

Post by scrantonlax »

Spidey..Loving the book you run. Not sure if the odds will change but the Hop-SB game is actually a neutral site game being held in Charlotte, NC today. It's part of the Crown Lacrosse Classic that also includes 3 mens games.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

As they say “and THATS why they play the game.” UVA looked the more composed team for the last three quarters.

Penn state better than expected as well….
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:23 am
spidey44 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:29 am Finally a cold wet day in Baltimore sees Stony Brook coming to Hopkins. Tim McCormack has his ladies off to a nice 6-2 start but today will face the elder Long Islander and a tough Seawolves squad. Spallina leading his squad to the victory IN the dome changed this scribe's opinion. Stony Brook will continue their winning ways as they enter the other Lax Mecca that is Homewood. McCormack will have his team fighting to keep it close, but in the end, Masera and company will be too much for the Jays.
Stony Brook -5.5
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Hopkins with the big 14-12 over Stony Brook
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

scrantonlax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:51 pm Spidey..Loving the book you run. Not sure if the odds will change but the Hop-SB game is actually a neutral site game being held in Charlotte, NC today. It's part of the Crown Lacrosse Classic that also includes 3 mens games.
Man...I need to start going to the school's sites to scout the locations! That said, nothing would have changed here, as I'd still pick Spallina and the Seawolves to work the Jays. Truly didn't see that one coming!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”