Post by coda »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:24 am
coda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:22 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:13 am Georgetown
UMD
JHU
Rutgers
Then Duke

Oh wait, that's not my final four. That's Loyola's first five weeks of the season. Yipes.

:shock:
Doesnt Gtown lose a ton? (Dordevic, Minicus, Solomon, Kelly, and Reilly (fogo))
Yes indeed. That is the team with the biggest question marks.
I am not sure I would put them in the tournament as of today
kramerica.inc

Re: Way too early Final Four

Post by kramerica.inc »

What are your thoughts about Towson for 2024?
coda

Post by coda »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:26 am What are your thoughts about Towson for 2024?
I havent really looked at them. I know my model had them with the 35th offense and 24th defense last year, so I would expect them to improve on that 6-9 record. That is a guess, because I dont know what they are losing.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

coda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:26 am What are your thoughts about Towson for 2024?
I havent really looked at them. I know my model had them with the 35th offense and 24th defense last year, so I would expect them to improve on that 6-9 record. That is a guess, because I dont know what they are losing.
I think I see them as an NCAA team. They were very close last year, lost some close games, seemed to start clicking at the end of the year. And they have some good young talent that should mature.
coda

Post by coda »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:37 am
I think I see them as an NCAA team. They were very close last year, lost some close games, seemed to start clicking at the end of the year. And they have some good young talent that should mature.
You have to think Delaware takes a step back, so there is no reason they cant compete for the conference title. Tough to be 6-9 with a +22 goal differential (even taking out Hampton)
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Duke
ND
JHU
UVA

I think Hopkins finally breaks through and returns to MDW.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

UVA has to be the front runner. Bringing in the number one recruit three years in a row. Transferring in the best D3 player.

ND brings back a lot of talent. They have to be in the running also.

The last two spots are up for grabs from MD, Duke, and my long shot is Cuse
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

coda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:45 am
You have to think Delaware takes a step back, so there is no reason they cant compete for the conference title. Tough to be 6-9 with a +22 goal differential (even taking out Hampton)
Towson started a few freshman last year. They will just be stronger. Towson is the front runner to win the conference
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

I guess along with predicting the final four here is a prediction for the top team in each conference and tourney selections way too early

ACC: Duke (UVA, ND likely tournament teams)
AE: VT
ASUN: UT
A10: Richmond
BigE: GT (Denver likely tournament team)
Big10: UMD (JHU and PSU likely tournament teams)
CAA: DE
IVY: Upenn (Princeton, Cornell, Yale pick 2 likely tournament teams)
MAAC: LIU??
Patriot: Army
Remaining pool of AL bids: Jax, HP, Patriot runner up, UNC, Rutgers, MI, Cuse, UNC
coda

Post by coda »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:39 pm I guess along with predicting the final four here is a prediction for the top team in each conference and tourney selections way too early

ACC: Duke (UVA, ND likely tournament teams)
AE: VT
ASUN: UT
A10: Richmond
BigE: GT (Denver likely tournament team)
Big10: UMD (JHU and PSU likely tournament teams)
CAA: DE
IVY: Upenn (Princeton, Cornell, Yale pick 2 likely tournament teams)
MAAC: LIU??
Patriot: Army
Remaining pool of AL bids: Jax, HP, Patriot runner up, UNC, Rutgers, MI, Cuse, UNC
I would put Denver over Gtown. GT has so many questions and I think are pretty over-rated at this point, as people seem to be assuming they will maintain their recent levels of success..

Big 10; Have to go PSU, but I think 2024 will be similar to 2023. Lots of contenders and arguably the most entertaining conference in lacrosse.

Ivy- Cornell.. I'd set O/U on tournament teams @ 2.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Jumbo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:27 pm
Towson started a few freshman last year.
Tigers have a good crop of (last year) freshmen and sophomores,
including a 5 star freshman last year.
Questions for me on what the Tigers do on defense and who’s in goal this year.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:08 pm
Jumbo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:27 pm
Towson started a few freshman last year.
Tigers have a good crop of (last year) freshmen and sophomores,
including a 5 star freshman last year.
Questions for me on what the Tigers do on defense and who’s in goal this year.
Gianforcaro will be in goal for Princeton. I like the Tigers as a dark horse team. Wouldn't select them for the final four, but they dealt with a lot of injuries last year, they have Mackesey back, are sent in goal, should have a good face-off crew and the freshmen should be good. Lots to replace but I think people might be undervaluing them.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

coda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:05 am
molo wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:47 pm Same as last year with Maryland the most likely to replace one of them. The three ACC teams were really close last year, and PSU returns plenty from an exciting team. I like the same four to repeat but can see the Terps climbing back.
Little surprised people are mentioning Maryland and nobody has mentioned Hopkins. Maryland ended the year as the 4th best Big10 team. I do think they are dangerous, but I think Hopkins is has a chance to make noise also. Penn State the favorite, but I would not be shocked to see Hopkins or Michigan make a run to the final four.
Maryland has Tillman. Their other conference foes do not. He is worth a few goals and certainly the best coach in his league and top 3 overall, from the perspective of an outsider.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Top 3 in the ACC and B1G are the heavy favorites going in. Army looks the best poised of the non Big 3 leagues; but it's been a steep climb lately for schools not in that mix and Army hasn't made back to back tournaments under Alberici so there's some history against them. If Yale could figure out that defense, they play offense as well as anyone in the country. But they've been rough on that end the last two years.

For now, I'll go
Virginia
Notre Dame
Maryland
Penn State

But could be any mix of that Top 6 and I do believe it'll be a more competitive year in general than it was last year
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 am So, ND is not a F4 team in 24’? Why not? Kavanugh, Entemann, along w transfers are back. Didn’t Penn st lose a lot? Army has to score to win in Quarters to advance…. Can they?
Not specific to you but how come I never see anyone mention this kid who had the game winner and is as valuable as anyone IMO incl Entemann and the Kavanaughs. And I think Teflon got credit for the impact of Dobson too much last spring.

https://fightingirish.com/roster/eric-dobson/

7,3,10 on 23 shots vs JHU, UVA & Duke in playoffs. Lefty with a hard shot from midfield. Inherited him on my sons fantasy team and they went as he went generally last year.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Unless Gilardi can build something like what Sowell did at SBU it sort of looks like it’s Del/Towson for the foreseeable future. Seems to me like times up on Tierney at Hofstra and they're zombies until a transition. Still early but Fairfield hasnt found anything close to early Towers and the prior coach I’m spacing on at Fairfield. To a certain degree they like Hobart and a couple of other smaller solid but not elite for elite cost schools have been hit hard by Boston U and Richmond. Drexel goes as their Canadian eligibility and amateur interests go.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:56 pm
Unless Gilardi can build something like what Sowell did at SBU it sort of looks like it’s Del/Towson for the foreseeable future. Seems to me like times up on Tierney at Hofstra and they're zombies until a transition. Still early but Fairfield hasnt found anything close to early Towers and the prior coach I’m spacing on at Fairfield. To a certain degree they like Hobart and a couple of other smaller solid but not elite for elite cost schools have been hit hard by Boston U and Richmond. Drexel goes as their Canadian eligibility and amateur interests go.
Stony Brook has 5th year Pallonetti, an All American level talent, so I’d include them with Towson as the two who could bump off the Hens this year - Hens goalie is the question mark.
coda

Post by coda »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:46 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:39 am So, ND is not a F4 team in 24’? Why not? Kavanugh, Entemann, along w transfers are back. Didn’t Penn st lose a lot? Army has to score to win in Quarters to advance…. Can they?
Not specific to you but how come I never see anyone mention this kid who had the game winner and is as valuable as anyone IMO incl Entemann and the Kavanaughs. And I think Teflon got credit for the impact of Dobson too much last spring.

https://fightingirish.com/roster/eric-dobson/

7,3,10 on 23 shots vs JHU, UVA & Duke in playoffs. Lefty with a hard shot from midfield. Inherited him on my sons fantasy team and they went as he went generally last year.
This is some of my personal bias showing, but the Kavanaugh's are a big reason Dobson isnt mentioned. When healthy, they tend to completely dominate the ball. The offense can get really stagnant with them.. Thought they are amazing at finding effort goals
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Duke goes wire to wire with the best player in college lacrosse backed up by 18 graduate students
lorin

Post by lorin »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 am Duke goes wire to wire with the best player in college lacrosse backed up by 18 graduate students
The best player in college lacrosse, take , Shellenberg, / Kirch any day.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”