Mitch McConnell's Axis of Evil

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Mitch McConnell's Axis of Evil

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:10 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:35 am

It is becoming harder and harder to communicate with you when your goal is to continually put down anything that took place in the four years under Trump....it significantly minimizes anything you say. He was pro bringing manufacturing back.....then laughed at (as if it could happen overnight), then Biden signs the CHIPs act which was Trumps baby, and not a peep....Biden gets the credit.
:lol: YA, ffs, that's the dumbest Trump spin you've ever given.

You want to give credit to Trump for running his mouth-----and not doing anything about what he SAID he'd do ?!?!

Biden ACTUALLY works on, and SIGNS a bill, and you want to give Trump credit for the bill...that he didn't bother working on, or passing?

That about the score here?

:lol: GTFO with this stuff, YA.

When have you EVER given Obama or Biden for saying or promising something----and not actually following through with the promise?
My point is the hypocrisy You guys have a tendency to overlook progress through the lens of show me the data or the legislation or the bill. How many times have you implemented something far after one of your employees suggested an idea....never? Well, if you answered yes, I understand where you are coming from, and if you answered no, well, then you are just playing partisan forum talk.
Great. Show me one time where you gave Obama credit for saying something....or setting the table for something that Trump finished, and I'll believe this.

I'll wait. You've got four years of examples to work with.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:52 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:13 am McConnell was on Face the Nation.....and sounded lucid and on his game.

He called Iran, China, and Russia the "Axis of Evil".

I've had the same question for Republicans for years now: if China is our enemy, why are they our #1 trading partner?

And why do we allow 300K chinese students at our best Universities if Republicans believe they are our enemy?

Anyone?
Watching 60 minutes tonight?

Why is this a partisan question on your part?

But to your point….everyone here keeps telling us we cant do that and it’s be stupid. I seem to recall pages of discussion about Trump poking the bear and how China will just wait us out.

Did something change all of a sudden?
Nothing changed. That's the point. Why are we STILL trading with China, and educating their people if Mitch McConnell is on national TV calling them part of the "Axis of Evil?"

So....make the rhetoric match the policy. Otherwise, we sound stupid and/or insane.

In short, stop calling them evil.
Universities around the country are going under. Even the ones doing well want to improve financially and need students and new sources of income to continue to bolster their endowments. China has a lot of full paying customers and money to give. And they are happy to establish a presence and influence in the US and at US universities. For a myriad of reasons.

Why it hasn't stopped under any of the past couple adminstrations is another question.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:19 pm

It is becoming harder and harder to communicate with you when your goal is to continually put down anything that took place in the four years under Trump....it significantly minimizes anything you say. He was pro bringing manufacturing back.....then laughed at (as if it could happen overnight), then Biden signs the CHIPs act which was Trumps baby, and not a peep....Biden gets the credit.

You want to give credit to Trump for running his mouth-----and not doing anything about what he SAID he'd do ?!?!

Biden ACTUALLY works on, and SIGNS a bill, and you want to give Trump credit for the bill...that he didn't bother working on, or passing?

When have you EVER given Obama or Biden for saying or promising something----and not actually following through with the promise?
My point is the hypocrisy You guys have a tendency to overlook progress through the lens of show me the data or the legislation or the bill. How many times have you implemented something far after one of your employees suggested an idea....never? Well, if you answered yes, I understand where you are coming from, and if you answered no, well, then you are just playing partisan forum talk.
Great. Show me one time where you gave Obama credit for saying something....or setting the table for something that Trump finished, and I'll believe this.

Is this good enough? https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/an ... good-jobhe

I'll query my posts when I have some time. I know I praised BHO on multiple occasions....I believe one was on unemployment being down and another idea was the narrative of military spending being deeply cut under his terms.
Last edited by youthathletics on Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:34 pm

No. Not what I asked, my man.

i asked you to show me one time where YOU gave Obama credit for saying something (and not doing something about it)...and then Trump finished the job.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:39 pm

i asked you to show me one time where YOU gave Obama credit for saying something (and not doing something about it)...and then Trump finished the job.
Ugh....Im not doing that, that is silly scoreboard stuff.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:53 pm

:lol: What are you talking about?

-you called us hypocrites and partisans for not giving Trump credit for a bill Biden signed.

-I then asked the obvious question: when the F have YOU ever given a past POTUS credit for something a current POTUS signed into a bill? And the answer, obviously, is that you have never done that.

Get the problem now? Why are we hypocrites and partisans, and YOU aren't?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:04 pm

-you called us hypocrites and partisans for not giving Trump credit for a bill Biden signed.

-I then asked the obvious question: when the F have YOU ever given a past POTUS credit for something a current POTUS signed into a bill? And the answer, obviously, is that you have never done that.

No....your setup is false equivalency. We are not comparing legislation carryover bills between POTUS', that is your set up. I was first comparing the never a positive word for a Trump.....my first sentence spells that out quite clearly. The last part was the emphasis on the 1st statement.

I have praised Biden and BHO and Trump.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:26 pm

No....your setup is false equivalency. We are not comparing legislation carryover bills between POTUS', that is your set up. I was first comparing the never a positive word for a Trump.....my first sentence spells that out quite clearly. The last part was the emphasis on the 1st statement.

Ok. Then we're talking past each other.

I'm delighted to give Trump credit where credit is due. But as with Biden or any other POTUS, I'm not gonna give them any credit for things they promised, or said...and never turned into laws or actions.

Trump didn't bring manufacturing back, to stick to the conversation. Biden signed a bill that should help greatly...but we're not there yet.

And Biden signed an infrastructure bill which will HELP set the table for more manufacturing.

Trump? Didn't do diddly for manufacturing, unless you want to count Covid bailouts, which helped EVERYONE. And i was, and am, VERY grateful he did that.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Ok. Then we're talking past each other.

I'm delighted to give Trump credit where credit is due. But as with Biden or any other POTUS, I'm not gonna give them any credit for things they promised, or said...and never turned into laws or actions.

Trump didn't bring manufacturing back, to stick to the conversation. Biden signed a bill that should help greatly...but we're not there yet.

And Biden signed an infrastructure bill which will HELP set the table for more manufacturing.

Trump? Didn't do diddly for manufacturing, unless you want to count Covid bailouts, which helped EVERYONE. And i was, and am, VERY grateful he did that.
You forgot about those one time $1,000 Tax Reform checks and FoxCoNN.

https://www.reuters.com/business/foxcon ... 021-04-20/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... sin-trump/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Doesn't the equivalent of the Chinese sovereign wealth fund hold trillions of dollars of the US National Debt?

Where does THAT fact fit into this discussion?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”