USILA All Americans 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Noz

Re: USILA All Americans 2023

Post by Noz »

SneaksBeac wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:33 pm The IMLCA is every coach, as long as they participate in the voting process

The USILA is how you described it. So there in lies the rub, if one coach doesn't reach out to the rep to advocate for his guy he's out of luck. But if that one player makes enough of an impact on all his league coaches he could potentially get more votes/attention.
Did IMLCA come out yet?
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

FerrumLaxDad wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:54 pm :roll:
baltlax20 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:38 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:00 pm
FerrumLaxDad wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 pm Just not a great list here. Big Lynchburg fan but Darminio is not LSM of the year material. I don’t care what his stats say if you watch the game tape there is a large gap between his play and the RIT and tufts LSM.
Yes, as much as I like the Tufts' LSMs, Ayers/Frisoli (Ayers got like 5 goals v Amherst in February, which was HUGE, but Frisoli better down the stretch IMO), that RIT kid Jensen was far and away the best I saw all year. Did not even notice the Lynchburg kid in the 2 games I saw in person. Also not that impressed w/ the York LSM, and I watched two York games in person.
Interesting posts. LSM is a position that is really hard to compare based on teams type of play and expectations of the position. If you watched the entire season, the Lynchburg kid was a menace in the middle of the field (over 100 GBs) and shut down many of the middies listed on the first and second team AA list. Agree that Jensen is a beast. Tufts played 2 LSMs much of the year and both are good. I am not sure which tape you are watching but if it is the Ferrum game (as your title says) the Lynchburg starters probably only played a small portion of that game.
Watch the majority of the Lynchburg games this year. The two that stand out to me are the CNU game when he got beat with 4 seconds left from behind the net allowing CNU to tie the game and win in overtime. Also the Randolph-Macon game where he got scored on 3-4 times in one on one coverage. Call me crazy but first team all Americans and LSM of the year don’t let that happen.
Agreed. Darminio is a great middle third guy and one of the best groundball vacuums in the country, but he does get beat a lot in one on one coverage. I personally believe Lackey from W&L to deserved to be up there this year above him. He had 21 points(3 goals against Lynchburg), 67 GB’s, 26 CT’s, and he’s a far better cover guy.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

1. Weird mix of "eh idk they play for a good program, throw them a 1st/2nd Team spot I guess" choices along with good snags of guys who play on less-well known programs but nonetheless deserved recognition
2. I know this happens every year, but it remains very silly that USILA's teams are based on the idea that lacrosse is played 13x13
3. The Honorable Mention list...I mean...whew
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

I think a starting lineup and 3 offensive midfielders is a good way to pick AA. That would be 13.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

laxrules wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:14 am I think a starting lineup and 3 offensive midfielders is a good way to pick AA. That would be 13.
100% agree.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”