IL/US Mag HS rankings

HS Boys Lacrosse
Laxxal22

Re: IL/US Mag HS rankings

Post by Laxxal22 »

It seems like IL tries to get out and see more events than just the ones they sponsor, but they're still going to prioritize ranking the kids/clubs that pay to watch them play. I assume they hadn''t seen Patterson play but maybe someone saw him play for his high school this spring or they simply added him based on the AA recognition.
10stone5

Re: IL/US Mag HS rankings

Post by 10stone5 »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:29 pm I know this is a team ranking thread. That said, would someone please explain how @Insidelacrosse rates individual players? For the longest time, Bronxville's Chris Patterson was a zero star recruit for @Hobartlacrosse. Yet a few days after being named a U.S. Lacrosse AA, he suddenly becomes a a 4 star recruit?? I'm not sayin he wasn't to begin with. From what I've heard, he should have been all along. Hobart has 3 U.S. Lacrosse AAs for their incoming class from NY section 5 for 2023. Yet, none are even rated ANY stars. Could someone please explain to me how 3 U.S. Lacrosse AAs do not warrant any rating by IL? From what I can tell it is the school they've committed to. If it's not a top 20 team, it will be a tough time getting any rating. @TYXanders can't evaluate every player. But it certainly seems skewed to the lasted poll...........

2023 Recruits: IL's Top 50 Young Gun Junior Rankings | Inside ...
www.insidelacrosse.com › article › 2023-recruits-il-s-top-50-young-guns
Sep 1, 2021 ... ...
that know this class the best, Inside Lacrosse is pleased to release the Top 50 Young Gun Junior Rankings for the Class of 2023.
They came out with their first batch in 2021, for 2023 incoming freshmen.
Once they put that batch together, then the 5 star recruits are a lock, good luck getting a new player into the 5 star top 20 lock listing.
They have to re-work or add to the listing of 4 stars, since by summer’s end, all summer box, UA, club tournaments will have completed and so now they’ll have their final listing from which to put together the Top 100 Incoming Freshmen 2023-2024 - which any number of schools then publicize.
Its a heavy lift process.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”