AIC 12, Caldwell 10
Newberry 12, Rollins 22
D’Youville 13, Dominican 12
Rockhurst 9, Westminster 10
UAH 9, Davenport 6
KnowingWizardofODAC

Re: 2023 Scores in DII

Post by KnowingWizardofODAC »

I want to put this out there, Division II Lacrosse means about as much as the WNBA. We all know it’s there, but do we really find ourselves watching it, much less caring about it. The talent pool in this league is spread between 2 teams and they could not compete with the top Division 3 teams. We need to take a deep dive into this and figure out why this is such a problem. Feel free to reply.
BrooklynLax

Post by BrooklynLax »

The top of D2 competes is just as good if not better than the top of D3. Unlike your argument, there is proof with the handful of teams that go compete in D1. I would recommend watching a few D2 games before seeking the D2 forum just to turd on it.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Low hanging fruit :roll:
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Wednesday 1 March

Adelphi (#4) 24, Georgian Court 4
Pace (#13) 13, Molloy 6
Franklin Pierce 16, Bridgeport 7
St. Anselm (#11) 16, Saint Rose 8
Wheeling 29, D'Youville 10
Lynn (RV) 24, Dominican 4
Emmanuel (GA) 13, Shorter 10
Quincy 30, Monmouth (Ill./D3) 5
Lees-McRae 6, Tusculum 14
Lenoir-Rhyne (#6) 21, Mars Hill 2
Thiel (D3) 9, Malone 21
KnowingWizardofODAC

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:02 am Wednesday 1 March

Adelphi (#4) 24, Georgian Court 4
Pace (#13) 13, Molloy 6
Franklin Pierce 16, Bridgeport 7
St. Anselm (#11) 16, Saint Rose 8
Wheeling 29, D'Youville 10
Lynn (RV) 24, Dominican 4
Emmanuel (GA) 13, Shorter 10
Quincy 30, Monmouth (Ill./D3) 5
Lees-McRae 6, Tusculum 14
Lenoir-Rhyne (#6) 21, Mars Hill 2
Thiel (D3) 9, Malone 21
Sure looks like an even spread of talent. ~sarcasm~
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:54 pm I want to put this out there, Division II Lacrosse means about as much as the WNBA. We all know it’s there, but do we really find ourselves watching it, much less caring about it. The talent pool in this league is spread between 2 teams and they could not compete with the top Division 3 teams. We need to take a deep dive into this and figure out why this is such a problem. Feel free to reply.
Oldest troll schtick in the book, get new material
KnowingWizardofODAC

NCLax14 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:37 pm
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:54 pm I want to put this out there, Division II Lacrosse means about as much as the WNBA. We all know it’s there, but do we really find ourselves watching it, much less caring about it. The talent pool in this league is spread between 2 teams and they could not compete with the top Division 3 teams. We need to take a deep dive into this and figure out why this is such a problem. Feel free to reply.
Oldest troll schtick in the book, get new material
If it’s an old trick then why do we continue with this charade? The teams at the top stay at the top, nothing but parody. Either teams need to get better at recruiting, or you’re league will be in trouble.
LAXDADFERRUM

Post by LAXDADFERRUM »

Let’s take a look at colleges like lees McRae that are in D2. If they play ferrum I’m taking the 25-1 win from Ferrum. Lees McRae can’t even keep up with the mud dogs
NCLax14

Post by NCLax14 »

LAXDADFERRUM wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:53 pm Let’s take a look at colleges like lees McRae that are in D2. If they play ferrum I’m taking the 25-1 win from Ferrum. Lees McRae can’t even keep up with the mud dogs
The team that just got smoked by Pfeiffer???? :lol:
cowboylax

Post by cowboylax »

I hope you are joking about Ferrum beating Lees McRae? Ferrum has had 2 winning seasons in their history! Ferrum would be a last place team in any D2 conference!
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Top few D2 teams have as much if not more talent than the bottom 25% of D1 teams. I know because I played on one and we beat D1 teams. Also, why are you on a D2 board if nobody cares? I’ll hang up and listen
KnowingWizardofODAC

Laxfan00 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:40 pm
Top few D2 teams have as much if not more talent than the bottom 25% of D1 teams. I know because I played on one and we beat D1 teams. Also, why are you on a D2 board if nobody cares? I’ll hang up and listen
Explain why queens is getting run through like a GTA stoplight. Even if you played 10 years ago, times have changed. To be fair if any D2 player was stuck in Russia, it would not be like Russell Melendez, your D2 player would be stuck.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:14 am Explain why queens is getting run through like a GTA stoplight. Even if you played 10 years ago, times have changed. To be fair if any D2 player was stuck in Russia, it would not be like Russell Melendez, your D2 player would be stuck.
Queens was a top 15-20 team in D2. Never a top 5 D2. Graduated their best players last year and are transitioning to D1. Their transition was announced in late April/Early May of 2022, and had a lot less publicity than Lindenwood going D1 back in the fall of 2021. Queens was in the talks of going D1 for a few years now but never knew an exact start date. Hard to recruit D1 guys to a D2 school when you're not sure what year you'll be going D1. Give them a couple years to recruit real D1 guys.. They have the appeal... In Downtown Charlotte, Great Academics/Business school named after the head of Wells Fargo (easy entry into finance), and a solid athletic department.

With that being said... HPU will beat them this weekend by 12+
cowboylax

Post by cowboylax »

Stick to the ODAC! The last champ they had was Roanoke in 78.....WHEN THEY WERE D2!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Last year they were in my estimation in the 10-15 range - 14-5 record with four of their five losses to better teams (L-R, Wingate and Limestone twice) with their other loss to Belmont Abbey, a not bad D2 team.

In recent history, though, they have not been top 10 material, but second 10.

That is pretty consistent with a 1-3 record so far (with their only D1 win over lowly Hampton).
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:18 am Last year they were in my estimation in the 10-15 range - 14-5 record with four of their five losses to better teams (L-R, Wingate and Limestone twice) with their other loss to Belmont Abbey, a not bad D2 team.

In recent history, though, they have not been top 10 material, but second 10.

That is pretty consistent with a 1-3 record so far (with their only D1 win over lowly Hampton).
Agreed.

Got smoked by Navy. 2OT loss with VMI, 4 goal loss to Wagner. They're at least competing with the lower tier. Give them 2-3 classes of Bonafide D1 guys + some transfers and I think they'll surprise some people.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:12 am
KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:14 am Explain why queens is getting run through like a GTA stoplight. Even if you played 10 years ago, times have changed. To be fair if any D2 player was stuck in Russia, it would not be like Russell Melendez, your D2 player would be stuck.
Queens was a top 15-20 team in D2. Never a top 5 D2. Graduated their best players last year and are transitioning to D1. Their transition was announced in late April/Early May of 2022, and had a lot less publicity than Lindenwood going D1 back in the fall of 2021. Queens was in the talks of going D1 for a few years now but never knew an exact start date. Hard to recruit D1 guys to a D2 school when you're not sure what year you'll be going D1. Give them a couple years to recruit real D1 guys.. They have the appeal... In Downtown Charlotte, Great Academics/Business school named after the head of Wells Fargo (easy entry into finance), and a solid athletic department.

I think you basically made the guys point. Queens was a D2 school that is getting hammered in D1. And you are saying, give them a few years (to get rid of the D2 recruits) and replace with D1 recruits.
I think the original comment was an exaggeration (talent being spread by two teams, but the talent in D2 is much thinner than D1 or D3.
D1, the top 25 teams are stacked. And you can find a 20 something ranked team beating a top 5 team
D3, the top 15 are solid (but no where as deep past the starters as D1). you can find a mid teen team beating a top 5
D2 is very top heavy. I don’t think a team ranked 11-20, is going to compete with a top 5 team.

Top 10 D3 can compete with mid level D1 teams
I would say maybe the top 4 or 5 D2 programs can compete with the same mid level D1

I feel like this is because the media pushes D1. And D3 also gets some media play. But D2 seems to get ignored. Most high school kids can only name a handful of D2 schools.

I would love to see Tampa play RIT. That would be a good game to watch
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

AbeFroeman wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:39 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:12 am

I think you basically made the guys point. Queens was a D2 school that is getting hammered in D1. And you are saying, give them a few years (to get rid of the D2 recruits) and replace with D1 recruits.
I think the original comment was an exaggeration (talent being spread by two teams, but the talent in D2 is much thinner than D1 or D3.
D1, the top 25 teams are stacked. And you can find a 20 something ranked team beating a top 5 team
D3, the top 15 are solid (but no where as deep past the starters as D1). you can find a mid teen team beating a top 5
D2 is very top heavy. I don’t think a team ranked 11-20, is going to compete with a top 5 team.

Top 10 D3 can compete with mid level D1 teams
I would say maybe the top 4 or 5 D2 programs can compete with the same mid level D1

I feel like this is because the media pushes D1. And D3 also gets some media play. But D2 seems to get ignored. Most high school kids can only name a handful of D2 schools.

I would love to see Tampa play RIT. That would be a good game to watch
Never disagreed with him to begin with. He asked why they're getting ran through and I gave him a reason why. And a look to the potential future if the coaching staff does what needs to be done. I was mainly just saying that Queens wasn't a team in the category of "Top Few" teams in D2. Which is where this stemmed from. Throw Tampa, Le Moyne, Mercyhurst, LR, and Wingate in D1 and I bet they make more noise than Queens does this year... why? Because they fall in the category of "Top Few" D2.

But agree with what you said... and RIT should plan a pre-season down south trip to Tampa if they both win the Natty this year.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”