Criminal Justice Reform

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Criminal Justice Reform

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

A big step in the right direction. If we spent more on early childhood education, we would have more productive citizens, less crime, more tax payers and lower government spending in the long run.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:15 am
A big step in the right direction. If we spent more on early childhood education, we would have more productive citizens, less crime, more tax payers and lower government spending in the long run.
wait......WHAT ???
I thought you didn't support ethical investing......at all.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:15 am
wait......WHAT ???
I thought you didn't support ethical investing......at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

She hasn't finished her first quarter in office, and already she's taken down Amazon and now JP Morgan for shady business practices that sticks it to the bottom 50% of Americans.

She can retire tomorrow, and she's done more than 90% of Congress.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Facial Recognition Software not ready for prime time. This is not even a small surprise.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Almost sounds like a story from The Onion.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 pm Facial Recognition Software not ready for prime time. This is not even a small surprise.
It's indeed not a surprise.
That's because AI requires huge data sets. The algorithms learn through failure. And to get to high accuracy there must be lots of fails until it reaches high degrees of accuracy.

The Chinese, for instance, have all sorts of ethnic diversity (surprisingly so, I know) but they also have enormous data sets, both because of the size of their population but also because of the scale of their implementation of the technology. Many orders of magnitude data gathered versus here.

The Chinese understand this reality, and pay no political price for some degree of fails in facial recognition, whereas here we (rightly) see those fails as antithetical to fairness...much less its potential threat to our individual freedoms.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Computer screen quirky, all I see is ghosting images in the above posts. Looks like a long one, again, I can tell that.

Anyway, criminal justice starts with enforcing the laws. Doesn't it?

BTW, a year ago....didn't Trump sign a pretty good bill about criminal justice reform? He's a sleaze, but if you guys actually spend the time to read all the bills he has signed into law, you see much good work. Sorry.

Again, that starts with employment laws. Enforcing them.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:17 am Computer screen quirky, all I see is ghosting images in the above posts. Looks like a long one, again, I can tell that.

BTW, a year ago....didn't Trump sign a pretty good bill about criminal justice reform? He's a sleaze, but if you guys actually spend the time to read all the bills he has signed into law, you see much good work. Sorry.

If you read “all the bills” you will see that he will sign anything. There you go again championing a guy that would sign a breast if you put one in front of him.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:17 am Computer screen quirky, all I see is ghosting images in the above posts. Looks like a long one, again, I can tell that.

If you read “all the bills” you will see that he will sign anything. There you go again championing a guy that would sign a breast if you put one in front of him.
Blah blah blah. Obama had a grand total of 12 veto's his entire career. that's what, 1.25 per year. And you wanna put him in the Hall of fame :lol:

tRump has 6, all in 2019. That STILL works out to more than 2 per year. MORE veto's than OBama Sell your narrative that tRump will sign anything to reality fairys, tinkerbell knows better. (you really don't think tRump veto'd some bills for this very claim? be reality )
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 am

Blah blah blah. Obama had a grand total of 12 veto's his entire career. that's what, 1.25 per year. And you wanna put him in the Hall of fame :lol:

tRump has 6, all in 2019. That STILL works out to more than 2 per year. MORE veto's than OBama Sell your narrative that tRump will sign anything to reality fairys, tinkerbell knows better. (you really don't think tRump veto'd some bills for this very claim? be reality )
Who said anything about Obama? You are fixated. How about dem apples?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

Darn right I'm bringing him up. Yes, strongly dislike the man, if ONLY for his lies about getting rid of the unConstitutional patriot act.

You said Trump will sign anything. Why do you ignore evidence that laughs at your own statements ? House of Sod invest in any of the investment houses that give to the illegal location that the Obama foundation is on.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:46 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:35 am

[/quote]

Darn right I'm bringing him up. Yes, strongly dislike the man, if ONLY for his lies about getting rid of the unConstitutional patriot act.

You said Trump will sign anything. Why do you ignore evidence that laughs at your own statements ? House of Sod invest in any of the investment houses that give to the illegal location that the Obama foundation is on.
[/quote]

You are the guy that keeps championing bills signed by Trump.

https://ballotpedia.org/Donald_Trump:_V ... egislation

Notice a pattern?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Of course I notice pattern.

It has been over 15 years since the REAL ID has been required for domestic air travel. Yet, any illegal with state ID like loser Maryland gives out, can currently get on a plane. Which has been against the law for 15 years.

Yeah, criminal justice "reform" starts with enforcing the laws they pass.

Obama's ONLY veto overide is STILL a valid, current topic. It has nothing to do with "obsession" . Has to do with the exact same country that tRumps veto's are related too.

NO ONE is complaining on Trumps failure to act on the law that Congress passed.

https://28pages.org/2018/10/24/doj-fail ... isconduct/

Oh well, the smarties had the Spanish American PHONE tax on the books, did anyone notice ?
jhu72

GOOD COPS

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

One of the most powerful auditions you’ll ever see.

https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/1 ... 36192?s=21

Don’t forget that Kamala Harris tried to keep guys like this in prison longer. Inexcusable.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 am The case for capping all prison sentences at 20 years

hmmmmm......

Would that include all the Charlie Manson's of the world?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”