OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

2022 in Review

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

One of the big moments of '22 was the North Carolina/Duke massacre. Here was Duke, fresh off their upset win over BC, ready to prove to the lacrosse world that their huge offensive numbers were legit, ready to show they were among the elite, and they fell on their faces. They checked out early as I recall. They hung in there for the first period then the wheels fell off. 16! unanswered goals by the PBC and that was all there was to the coming out party for Duke in '22. A flop and a failure. Their OOC cupcake schedule come round to bite them at last. The humiliating loss to the PBC brought the real Duke into focus and it was pretty much all downhill from there apart from a win over JHU in the 1st rd of the NCAA's. For all the hoopla generated by their schedule and the way they ended the '22 campaign, I'd give Duke a C- on the season.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Cheers!

As a kind of public service announcement, I'll be confining my remarks to this one thread for the time being and maybe longer. I'll see how it goes.

I also want to say "cheers" to those whose idea this was in the first place. In the end, a good solution.

All to say, if one isn't enamored of the content I produce, one can easily avoid all of it by steering right clear of this one thread in keeping with Matnum's fleshed out idea found here and following:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=383586#p383586

Simple common sense deal to me. Hope you all feel the same.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Thots, ponderings, musings and such

How did ol' Ginny Woolf put it? A Topic of One's Own I think?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Tewaaraton Committee - Say it ain't so

Did you really have to award William "Cheatin' Bill" Belichick a trophy? Way to clothe the award with honor. (Insert eyeroll emoji). Ol' cheatin Bill was cheating even way back in his lacrosse days, teaching teammates how to pull a single cord after scoring a goal so the illegal stick wouldn't be discovered if challenged. This little nugget of intel came out back when Deflategate was still raging.

Another bone to pick with the Tewaaraton committee--All last year they left the 2019 winners as the Twitter banner and neglected to/chose not to change it for North and whoever won it for the guys (which is of no interest to me). Now at the beginning of the 2nd year of her reign as Tewaaraton Queen of the North they change it. Better late than never I've heard the old timers say.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Cool photograph of the Scarlet Knights. Severe wide angle lens.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Yah, we wuz never taught no Hahvid comma or the comma from that place across the Boston Hahbah over the pond, there, where all them Brits live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma

See clip for correct Bostonian pronunciation of "harbor"

Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:31 am
Laxfan500 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:33 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:58 pm No, but seriously though--the Honda award?
Seriously what is your problem?? You know that North won this award last year right ?
Correct--and from that one could discern that I hold the award in light esteem, regardless of who it gets awarded to.
Ahhhh I understand now 🙄like my daddy always told me “you can’t fight crazy son, don’t even try”
OuttaNowhereWregget

Me when I don't know what to call it in proper lacrosse lingo...

Dr. Tact

Re: Cheers!

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:13 am As a kind of public service announcement, I'll be confining my remarks to this one thread for the time being and maybe longer. I'll see how it goes.

I also want to say "cheers" to those whose idea this was in the first place. In the end, a good solution.

All to say, if one isn't enamored of the content I produce, one can easily avoid all of it by steering right clear of this one thread in keeping with Matnum's fleshed out idea found here and following:

Nice Young Frankenstein pull..... :)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Cheers!

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:15 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:13 am As a kind of public service announcement, I'll be confining my remarks to this one thread for the time being and maybe longer. I'll see how it goes.

Nice Young Frankenstein pull..... :)
Thanks, Doc.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The Boss--always a good way to start the day when considering the freedom of expression we enjoy in this here Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.

Springsteen's imperfect, tortured, drawn-out scream of triumph always gets me (begin at 3:40--click link below for precise beginning).

https://youtu.be/nw5yN4AMwOI?t=220

And the garbled yawp of a 1!-2!-3!-4! beginning at 4:09 is also very inspiring to these ears.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post of the Day

Post of the day before we even get to first break.
urgettingwhatuaxed4 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am Let me get this straight. Every person on here seems to have a child in this sport but one. Many/most are upset that one person keeps posting about events in this little followed sport. I believe that person is a fan of the sport and does not have a child playing said sport. Yet this person keeps promoting this sport and the sweater-vests are upset he is promoting the sports. Got it. SFP. No wonder softball is more popular.

A bigger waste of time is scrolling through the multiple re-quotes to get to the message. That is what stops me from visiting more often than some person permitting the sport.
Thank you for the kind words of affirmation. They are greatly appreciated—especially in light of all the *gasp* ghastly crimes I’ve committed on these boards. It’s nice to have a personage of your discernment and intelligence see through the smoke screen.
OuttaNowhereWregget

The “sweater-vests” though...

OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Post of the Day

urgettingwhatuaxed4 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 am SFP.
Indeed it is, A4—indeed it is.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gab Kirsch is returning to North Broad for one more round with the Temple Owls.

Read all about it:

https://twitter.com/templelacrosse/stat ... 62304?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Very interesting – JMU is already comparing themselves with their fellow AAC conference comrades. Can’t wait for the first Florida/JMU game next season.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Players I Will Always Miss

Florida Gators Badass Defender Cara Trombetta.

Looking right back atcha.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Players I Will Always Miss

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:11 am Florida Gators Badass Defender Cara Trombetta.
And such a casual badass too...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”