ISL

HS Boys Lacrosse
Laxboy78

Re: ISL

Post by Laxboy78 »

Yeah MP will be tough. Middlesex seemed to do well in its scrimmages. Beat Holderness and lost by one to Brunswick. I know it’s only scrimmages but those are legit teams.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Those are good results for Middlesex.

I caught a good portion of the Seb's-Malvern game. Good first half for Seb's (7-5 Malvern), not so great second half (12-5). Seemed like they ran out of gas. Some poor angles by defenders and stick chasing lead to easy goals, and they really struggled to clear from about halfway through the 3rd quarter on. Also, tough to tell on a laptop viewing if it was a product shot placement but the MP goalie had a better day. He stuffed some in tight opportunities in the second quarter when Seb's had momentum and the lead for a few minutes. Generally looked like stuff that can be cleaned up as game speed fitness improves and the depth guys get some experience, but overall a pretty humbling trip to the Mid-Atlantic. Arrows scrimmage BC High on Tuesday and I imagine that'll be played like a game. Interested to see how those two teams match up.
Laxboy78

Post by Laxboy78 »

MP 12-5 over Sebs. Sebs was up 5-4, held scoreless in the second half. Taft won’t be easy either.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Thayer with an 8-5 win over John Carroll. Obviously JC isn’t at the top of the standings, but that’s still a win over an MIAA A team and the Tigers only have three seniors who are major contributors. Their potential going forward is very high.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

watched the game. MP made adjustments at half - Sebs did not. When both teams have elite players, coaching matters.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:22 pm watched the game. MP made adjustments at half - Sebs did not. When both teams have elite players, coaching matters.
I don't have a coaching background like you, and haven't had more than a casual/fan's perspective for quite some time, but interested to hear what XOs adjustments you noticed from MP.

Thayer dropped their final game down in Baltimore to St. Paul's 14-5. I'm sure this is mostly due to the jump in the quality of the opponent, but three games in as many days is also a lot to ask. Still a very successful trip for a very young Thayer squad.

Some games today that I think are actual games and not scrimmages. Nobles hosts Trinity-Pawling and Govs hosts Andover. Both at 1.

Govs-Andover livestream: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwx8PO ... 7Kmp5JlBtA
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Govs 14-8 over Andover. I caught the first quarter of the stream, which was 5-0 for Govs. Every faceoff was a pretty clean win for Umansky and Govs had a huge possession advantage. Don't know if Andover will be any good but a nice start for the Red Dragons.

Trinity-Pawling 13-7 over Nobles. The Bulldogs lose by six despite 20 saves from Tully. Nobles has a bunch of talent on offense but concerns at faceoff and longstick defenders remain after this one.

Roxbury Latin 7-5 over Portsmouth Abbey.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

A lot of NEPSAC match ups today. I believe these are all games instead of scrimmages. Interested to see how these play out. Hopefully it won't be a punishingly cold afternoon.

Govs @ Exeter
Belmont Hill @ Deerfield Livestream @4 PM: https://events.locallive.tv/events/75781
Middlesex @ Pingree
Tabor - Dexter
Rivers - Kimball Union
BB&N - New Hampton
Brooks @ Andover
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

13-9 MX over Pingree...7-2 at half and Pingree cut it to 10-7 but MX recovered...very good game by #20 on MX and their FO guy and goalie had good days...Scrappy group that plays with good discipline....Will be a tough game for the big boys in the ISL...
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Sidelinehorn! wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:13 pm 13-9 MX over Pingree...7-2 at half and Pingree cut it to 10-7 but MX recovered...very good game by #20 on MX and their FO guy and goalie had good days...Scrappy group that plays with good discipline....Will be a tough game for the big boys in the ISL...
Other results

Tabor 17-4 over Dexter.
Rivers 8-4 over KUA
Andover 13-2 over Brooks
New Hampton 18-9 over BB&N
Exeter 9-5 over Govs
Deerfield 10-6 over Belmont Hill

I caught some of the BH-Deerfield stream. Pretty tight contest. Was 7-5 until about halfway through the 4th quarter. I was on calls and not able to watch too closely. Camera placement was just above field level, which was great to really capture the overall speed of both teams. Honestly looked like a pretty high level DIII college game, which isn't too surprising as there's more 18-19 year olds getting playing time than 16-17 year olds in a match up like this one. Torrey played real well in cage for BH. I've seen that Deerfield isn't considered quite the juggernaut they were last season, but BH looked to already be in midseason form and it's gonna take the best effort of anyone in the ISL to beat them.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

ISL Preview Podcast from New England Lacrosse Journal: https://www.laxjournal.com/from-the-pod ... edictions/
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:05 pm ISL Preview Podcast from New England Lacrosse Journal: https://www.laxjournal.com/from-the-pod ... edictions/
They gave a lot of props to Gov's, but I assume it was recorded before the Exeter game yesterday. I was surprised by that one. Apparently the FO battle was much closer than expected.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Can Opener wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:04 pm
Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:05 pm ISL Preview Podcast from New England Lacrosse Journal: https://www.laxjournal.com/from-the-pod ... edictions/
They gave a lot of props to Gov's, but I assume it was recorded before the Exeter game yesterday. I was surprised by that one. Apparently the FO battle was much closer than expected.
I think it was recorded a couple of weeks ago based on a few things that they said.

I was a little surprised by the Govs-Exeter game as well, but I know very little about the Exeter squad. It's tough to tell how good they were last year based on the schedule they played, and PG schools can always improve in a hurry. They did bring in at least two good ones who were big contributors for Roxbury Latin in 2019 & 2021.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Funniest part of this pod was definitely Kyle Devitte saying he gets hate email from Belmont Hill parents. What could they possibly be mad about? :lol:
ISL Laxin'

Post by ISL Laxin' »

St. George's took down Holderness 14-13 in OT. Big upset win to start the year for the Dragons. Holderness had recently played MX close and have 8 DI commits.
eumanne

Post by eumanne »

Don't know where you got your info. But it was 70% Govs Faceoff vs 30% Exeter including an offside and a non call. Faceoffs and goal tending were not the issue.
eumanne

Post by eumanne »

That said, Govs has opportunity to improve no doubt.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

eumanne wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:25 pm
Don't know where you got your info. But it was 70% Govs Faceoff vs 30% Exeter including an offside and a non call. Faceoffs and goal tending were not the issue.
I had a young and biased source on the FO battle. :D Your numbers sound more accurate. Seb’s a week from today will be a battle of two Big Ten FO studs. That should be a great game all around.
eumanne

Post by eumanne »

Can Opener wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:48 am
eumanne wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:25 pm
I had a young and biased source on the FO battle. :D Your numbers sound more accurate. Seb’s a week from today will be a battle of two Big Ten FO studs. That should be a great game all around.
Agree. Very important game for both teams. Two very different styles at face off. Wing play will be key. St Sebs appears to be the more mature team at this juncture due to early start against high end competition. Also, their depth is a key as well.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

ISL Laxin' wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:23 pm St. George's took down Holderness 14-13 in OT. Big upset win to start the year for the Dragons. Holderness had recently played MX close and have 8 DI commits.
Great start for the Dragons who have some really good players themselves. Depth in the midfield is my only question for them. A little surprised this wasn't at a neutral site. A 3ish hour bus ride for Holderness is a lot to ask of 15-19 year olds.

Some other results from yesterday that I assume were scrimmages in name only.

Thayer 10 - Xaverian 5. Solid performance for the Tigers over a team that should be a D1 contender in the MIAA.

BC High 15 - Roxbury Latin 3. Tough one for the Foxes who were down 11-1 at half. In terms of a measuring stick, Seb's beat BCH 10-8 on Tuesday in the bitter cold. Could be a long season for RL.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”