The Abortion Thread

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Abortion Thread

Post by DMac »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:26 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 am Wow, that might be the most brilliant post I've ever read on these forums, you're a real genius.
That works great with pencil and paper, now have a look at reality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw
Uh huh. A music video? But okay, I’ll play. Young people make bad decisions.

However, the proximal and distal considerations resultant from fertilization and implantation are borne by the woman. When men can bear and feed children, then they can have some say in the matter. After all, “will you love me forever?”
You'll never find where I've ever said anything different, this is a woman's decision and until one has walked in her shoes I don't feel as if there's any room for judgement and or criticism. Sure, it's simple and correct to say just keep it zipped but it's also unrealistic. The brain might tell you that but the hormones are going scream at you to unzip it and odds are you'll listen to the hormones (both male and female) as a teen in the heat of the moment. Not too many people lookin' to stay in the on deck circle with their bat in their hand, most are lookin' to score.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/percent ... 44080.html
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am Biden rolls back Trump's EO changes.
72, you chowing down on those baby back ribs from the Planned Parenthood leftover store? Veeeeeery tender but not a lot of meat.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yeah we’re all going to have a fetal roast tonight. Good one.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
njbill

Post by njbill »

Biden could save himself a lot of time if he would simply sign one executive order that says: “I hereby rescind all executive orders signed by disgraced former President Donald J. T****.”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 am Biden could save himself a lot of time if he would simply sign one executive order that says: “I hereby rescind all executive orders signed by disgraced former President Donald J. T****.”
LOL

+!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 am Biden could save himself a lot of time if he would simply sign one executive order that says: “I hereby rescind all executive orders signed by disgraced former President Donald J. T****.”
LOL

+!
Enjoy them baby backs...nice and sweet and tender. Maybe a little garlic butter brushed on when they are done.😋
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Although I'm a pro lifer, as one with a law degree who is fully familiar with the issue as it was interpreted under the common law, it must be remembered that abortion was legal at the time of our Founding Fathers. See the legal term quickening as defined by Blackstone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickening

The Anglo Saxon common law is entrenched in the USA Constitution as per the Seventh Amendment. Thus, Roe was a valid legal decision that cannot be overturned by the USSC under the ancient concept of stare decisis.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

What a bunch of spineless, simpering tw2ts. Grow a pair and speak your mind.

I detest mealy-mouth losers. Take a stand, any stand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/03/busi ... n-law.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:26 am What a bunch of spineless, simpering tw2ts. Grow a pair and speak your mind.

paywall got me
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:41 am Go Daddy strikes back.
AWS doing the same thing.....with whoever they want. https://www.reuters.com/article/amazonc ... NL1N2Q600S
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:46 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:26 am What a bunch of spineless, simpering tw2ts. Grow a pair and speak your mind.

paywall got me
Here you go
Companies Stay Quiet on Texas’ New Abortion Law
Businesses that expressed opposition to restrictive voting laws are declining to take a similar stand on the abortion measure.
When Texas lawmakers advanced a restrictive voting rights bill this year, American Airlines and Dell Technologies, two of the state’s biggest employers, were early and vocal critics of the effort.

But this week, as a law that prohibits most abortions after about six weeks took effect in Texas, both companies declined to comment on the measure.

American Airlines and Dell were representative of the business community at large. While many corporations are taking stands on voting rights, climate change, immigration and other important matters, few companies would comment on the abortion law.

Abortion is one of the country’s most politically and emotionally charged issues, and as much as 40 percent of the American public supports outlawing or severely restricting it, according to the Pew Research Center. Opposition to abortion often cuts across demographic groups, and most executives would be reluctant to take a public stand that was likely to anger or alienate a large group of customers and employees whatever they said.

“No one is going to walk willingly through this door,” said Sandra Sucher, a professor of management at Harvard Business School. “If I’m a business making a political calculus, it’s just a matter of who I’m going to piss off.”

Two dozen major companies contacted by The New York Times on Friday either did not reply or declined to comment. Among those that would not say something were McDonald’s, a sponsor of International Women’s Day; PwC, a major supporter of diversity and inclusion efforts; and Coca-Cola and Delta Air Lines, which led a corporate backlash last year against a restrictive voting bill in Georgia, where they have their headquarters.

Many of the biggest employers in Texas, including AT&T, Oracle, McKesson and Phillips 66, declined to comment. Even companies that are quick to speak up on social issues, including Patagonia and Levi’s, did not say anything about the new law. And Catalyst, a nonprofit organization that teams up with big companies to “build workplaces that work for women,” declined to comment.

“When all of these companies who participate in things like International Women’s Day won’t speak out on reproductive health care, it shows that they care about the bottom line, not what women need and want,” said Lindsey Taylor Wood, chief executive of The Helm, a venture capital firm that funds female founders.

But Elizabeth Graham, a vice president of Texas Right to Life, a group that backs the law, said it would be good for business in the state, claiming that a majority of people there are “conservative and pro-life.”

“Many of our supporters are small and medium-sized business owners,” she said. “They are very much in favor of it.”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

thx
~Livy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.”
― Methodist Pastor David Barnhart
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Honest commentary from Carlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgjGwOByays

Two plus decades later, the anti-abortion movement hasn't really changed.

In his 1996 HBO special Back in Town, the late comic legend and social critic George Carlin nailed the hypocrisy of social conservatives who rail against abortion and birth control with "pro-life" rhetoric while simultaneously attacking social programs designed to support struggling families, supporting war and inciting violence against women.

"They're all in favor of the unborn," Carlin says in the clip. "They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months."
"After that, they don't want to know about you!"

Nearly 25 years after the comedy special aired, the humor holds up. So do the politics.

1. Pro-families — until those families need our money
Carlin paces the stage, hyping the audience with assertion that the same conservatives who use pro-family rhetoric object to programs like food aid, free school lunches and cash payments to the nation's many deeply impoverished families.
"No nothing! No neonatal care, no day care, no Head Start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing! If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're heck!"
And heck they remain.
"If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're preschool, you're heck!"
Meanwhile, child poverty rates in the U.S. are already some of the highest in the developed world, and have been increasing since the mid-2000s.

2. Pro-life — and pro-bloody wars
"Conservatives don't get a turd about you until you reach military age," Carlin said. "Then they think you are just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers."
So at least as far as the U.S.' most recent major war is concerned, Carlin's contention that social conservatives are fairly aggressive on foreign policy stands up to scrutiny.

3. Pro-life — until it comes to abortion providers
Carlin also hit anti-abortion activists for extremist violence and intimidation against providers that was common then and is increasingly common now.
"These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors!" Carlin says in the special. "What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they might just have to kill it?"
People who harass or attack women's health care clinics or their staffers and patients aren't representative of the entire anti-abortion movement. But the wing of a movement that feels comfortable using force and threats to achieve their ends is inseparable from it.

4. Pro-life — but anti-women
Carlin makes one final assertion in his 1996 set: "They're not pro-life. You know what they are, they're anti-woman. Simple as it gets. Anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Startup moving its R&D out of Texas as abortion law makes recruiting more difficult. I suspect this is the ultimate result of state anti-abortion laws as we move forward. Starting small, but long term it will be bad for the economies of those states. Tech companies will move as they get a chance.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Return to “POLITICS”