NCAA Tournament

D1 Womens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: NCAA Div 1 National Championship Seedings & Sundries

Post by admin »

Might be stating the obvious but... I like being able to see these asterisked teams knowing that if they win, they move up. And, conversely, the non-asterisked teams are, for all intents and purposes, static.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jacksonville-Michigan and Wagner-Princeton.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

I’m hoping BC wins everything, but the other teams I hope do well are Michigan, Princeton, Notre Dame, Northwestern and USC—in that order.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm hoping Jacksonville and Wagner make some noise but... That's 90% because they played yesterday. i.e. On Friday, I'll be saying the same thing about a bunch of other teams, too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jacksonville and Wagner won, Mercer and Fairfield are done. Jacksonville and Wagner respectively face Michigan and Princeton, and the First Round starts for all D1 Women Tournament teams, on Thursday, May 10th.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:25 am Jacksonville and Wagner won, Mercer and Fairfield are done. Jacksonville and Wagner respectively face Michigan and Princeton, and the First Round starts for all D1 Women Tournament teams, on Thursday, May 10th.
Friday, you mean 😉
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Friday. :) Wishful thinking. Love most every lacrosse but... the D1 Women are fun. Always liked D1 Women's lacrosse but since having daughters, this changed everything.

wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:41 am Friday. :) Wishful thinking. Love most every lacrosse but... the D1 Women are fun. Always liked D1 Women's lacrosse but since having daughters, this changed everything.

I can imagine how much it would. I wish them great success on the field and off.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

They don't play. I don't want to talk about it...

wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:09 am They don't play. I don't want to talk about it...

Hahahahaha! Great accompanying expression.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

I wouldn’t be surprised at any of these games (underlined in green) going either way. None of them would be upsets to me.
7DF3DDAF-CE75-4011-B00D-BC800EA4DDA3.jpeg
7DF3DDAF-CE75-4011-B00D-BC800EA4DDA3.jpeg (152.5 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 pm I wouldn’t be surprised at any of these games (underlined in green) going either way. None of them would be upsets to me.
I think the first team in all of those you underlined win....but what do I know....
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:19 pm I wouldn’t be surprised at any of these games (underlined in green) going either way. None of them would be upsets to me.
I think the first team in all of those you underlined win....but what do I know....
You may well be correct when we all wake up the next morning.
LarryGamLax

Re: NCAA Div 1 National Championship Seedings

Post by LarryGamLax »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:13 pm Michigan gets a nice warm-up game with either Jacksonville or Mercer, before taking on the winner of USC vs Denver--all home games.
Then, if they remain standing, they get another crack at Maryland (or Stony Brook/JMU?)

Warm-up game? Jacksonville is a LOT better than you think. I see that they are ranked 45th(by the computer) with both Wagner and Fairfield both ranked higher. That's an absolute joke. J-ville would beat of those teams handily in the same day. They are going to present a very tough test for Michigan. This will not be a cakewalk...and remember where you saw that first.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 am
wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:13 pm Michigan gets a nice warm-up game with either Jacksonville or Mercer, before taking on the winner of USC vs Denver--all home games.
Then, if they remain standing, they get another crack at Maryland (or Stony Brook/JMU?)

Warm-up game? Jacksonville is a LOT better than you think. I see that they are ranked 45th(by the computer) with both Wagner and Fairfield both ranked higher. That's an absolute joke. J-ville would beat of those teams handily in the same day. They are going to present a very tough test for Michigan. This will not be a cakewalk...and remember where you saw that first.
I am not sold on strictly computer rankings and I don't know how the Dolphins got a 45 ranking, but when they played anyone of stature this season (USC, Florida) they got their fins kicked. The only reason either of the games finished closer in score was due to garbage time goals. Michigan hasn't looked as imposing after their come-back-to-earth losses to Maryland and Northwestern (twice), but if they can find the fire they played with for the entire regular season, they should dispatch the fins without too much fuss and bother.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

https://www.whsv.com/content/sports/Duk ... 50651.html

“Dukes believe they can repeat as national champions.” Yeah—they’ll just beat Stony Brook and Maryland in three days. 🙄
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 amWarm-up game? Jacksonville is a LOT better than you think. I see that they are ranked 45th(by the computer) with both Wagner and Fairfield both ranked higher. That's an absolute joke.
The Computer Rankings don't project who will win or who is better. It looks at teams' previous games and evaluates who has demonstrated that they are better. So if MD was based in Malaysia and only came to the states to play in the National C'ship Tourney, they'd be ranked 100 and something. In other words, wlax, for sure you shouldn't be sold on Computer Rankings strictly. In Leagues where the entirety of the season consists of each team playing each other team once, Computer Rankings are pretty darn solid. But when there's a disparity in schedules, both opponents and number of games, the rankings need to be treated as a tool, not an infallible document. With this said... :) There's something to be said for a team demonstrating their worth. Maryland stuck in Malaysia is still Maryland. But, in terms of ranking their performance when they've only played teams within the confines of Kuala Lumpar, I think calling them the #100 and whatever team in the nation is fair and justified.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:52 am https://www.whsv.com/content/sports/Duk ... 50651.html

“Dukes believe they can repeat as national champions.” Yeah—they’ll just beat Stony Brook and Maryland in three days. 🙄
As a Virginia guy, I hope the Madison ladies can beat SBU, but I agree with you nut. One could say they are peaking ( 9 consecutive wins)...but not so fast my friend...SD State, Delaware, Towson, Drexel, Hofstra, Elon, Bill & Mary, Elon, Hofstra???? :o

Significant wins this season were Penn State (when M Carter went down), Virginia Tech (Overrated) and High point???

Lost to UNC, UMD, UVA by a combined 50-21....

Please, all you Dukes fans out there, not hating on them....just agreeing with the Nut that the optimism isnt supported by past performance....A JMU win over Maryland would sure make some people (myself included) eat some crow....best served cold.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

GAMEDAY! Woohoo!! Enjoy, you 10 old geezers.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 am

Jacksonville is playing well, just as you said. Aggressive on offense. They’re certainly not afraid of Michigan. If it wasn’t for Shane, Michigan would be trailing. She made 11 saves in the first half!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”