Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

HS Boys Lacrosse
random observer

Re: Today's Interesting HS Boys Games

Post by random observer »

Friar pole drops the ball unpressured, giving Chaminade an easy one-on-none goal to make it 10-6. Put a fork in this one. That's why you play the game. Chaminade is one of those select few programs where it just doesn't matter who graduated.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

12-7 3:45 left. Cham a little bigger than the Friars, especially at D and X
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Probably not going to be a popular opinion but don't see St Ants as a juggernaut at all. Kind of limited as it pertains to the x and if McAdorey isn't distributing Bonomi isn't beating his man and O'neill seems limited in that scenario as well. Lots of good players out there
grelch

Post by grelch »

They were definitely second best by a fair margin today.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Yes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Well, you have to think that Chaminade will shoot up to #1 now (Salisbury eked out a victory yesterday over a not-top 25 team)...and the Flyers really don't have a difficult match til May 4th against Manhasset (even their St. Ignatius game is the last of the 3 in 3 days road trip for the California squad, so I have to assume the St. Ignatius boys will be exhausted by then).

That was quite the show by Chaminade yesterday... I watched on stream. Two things that stood out: one, their goalie played as well as a goalie will in a marquee High School game. That kid was insanely good. Second, I thought their FOGO did great against St. Anthony's. Phenomenal talent all over the field...that was high caliber high school lacrosse. I really appreciate how these two teams just reload every year, never skipping a beat. They graduate incredibly impactful D1 players and the next year, you can barely tell who graduated. Unreal.

This Spring has been all about surprises in HS boy's lax, imo. I would never have called this game as a 13-7 win for Chaminade. But that goes to show you, all that matters is who shows up, not the critics. Great job, Flyers.
bulax

Post by bulax »

Delbarton at SHP today at 4 PM. Two of the top three teams in NJ square off. IL has SHP ranked above Delbarton, but NJ.com has Delbarton at #1 and SHP at #3. Should be an excellent game between two talented teams. Their common opponent is both beating malvern prep 8-7.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Hey, for those of us who like to watch high quality HS lax, could anyone who has a link to a game (even with a paywall - I have a credit card as do most of us here) could you please post it here?
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

According to IL, SHP won 13-9. Anyone at the game that could share their observations?
bulax

Post by bulax »

Interesting game. SHP deserved to win but it was a weird game. #1 on SHP going to UVA is the real deal, he had 8 points. Delbarton starting goalie let in 8 without making a save before being pulled. The backup went in halfway through Q2. Halfway through the second quarter Delbarton got called for a 3 minute non releasable on something that shouldn't have been a foul. Delbarton face-off man won it forward and while the ball was on the ground the long pole wing for delbarton stepped in between them and the SHP FO man ran into his back and went down, not getting up. Refs took about 10 seconds to call it and only did when they saw he wasn't getting up. SHP scored 3 goals(pretty much 4 as another was scored right after penalty ended) on the 3 minute non releasable. A black eye on an otherwise good game. SHP shooters looked good, and the offense was clicking. Goalie looked good as well. Delbarton "won" the second half 5-1. SHP just couldn't get anything going, and delbarton was very slow in Q3 only scoring 1 goal. They scored 3 early in the fourth and one late in the fourth. It will be interesting to see what this game will be like if they play again in states.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Not quite up to the standards of East Coast lax but ~ for me, it's Centennial vs Irondale on local online tv:

www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Fun game on LI with St Anthony’s taking down SI from the west coast 13-10. Both teams looked good and have some real players. I’d probably give the edge to St Ignatius all things being even but they couldn’t win a face-off—missed the 1st quarter but only saw StA’s lose two face offs from then on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

St. Marys Annapolis beat Boys Latin, St. Pauls beat Gilman.
3rdPersonPlural

Sting The Corner wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:03 pm Fun game on LI with St Anthony’s taking down SI from the west coast 13-10. Both teams looked good and have some real players. I’d probably give the edge to St Ignatius all things being even but they couldn’t win a face-off—missed the 1st quarter but only saw StA’s lose two face offs from then on.
Is the St I/GC game livestreamed anywhere today? How about their game with the Flyers tomorrow?

Here's a link to yesterdays game
https://locallive.tv/archives/42248

Edit - tuned in to the SI StAs replay. Just watched the first half. Score is 7-6 in favor of the Friars, but the game been has back and forth all half. It’s tough to pick out the team that was pre-season consensus top 5 in the nation playing their home turf and the somewhere-off-the-top-20 squad that had just debarked from a transcontinental flight over 3 time zones. Both are playing sublime lacrosse, and taking advantage of opportunities flawlessly.
The camerawork is, however, artful. The cameraman seems distracted, so the ball is often off screen right or left. When there’s a groundball on the crease, or something else that causes the crowd before him to get excited, the camera frantically pans around for a bit so the action is blurred. This is of neutral effect if the action happened to be off screen at the time, but distressing if the camera was pointed at the action.
This makes one dizzy. I suggest that the brave should at least watch through SIs 3rd goal. The clear slides off the right side of the screen, then there is crowd noise and we see SI #3 alone on the crease waving his stick at someone off screen. Inexplicably, the camera pans swiftly back to the other goal, I guess so we can watch what SI defensemen do when their attack scores a goal. They jump a little.
I may stick out the 2nd half after the Dramamine kicks in
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

Anyone see the Garden City / St Ignatius game yesterday? It looked like the final was 14-3. I was a little surprised by that considering St Ignatius played St Anthony's pretty even the day before. However as I type this, am realizing they had two tough games back to back. Throw in jet lag, and it could begin to explain a lot.
grelch

Post by grelch »

This morning SI opened a 6-0 lead on the Flyers but Chaminade pulled it back and have been in the lead since. CHS ahead 11-8 after 3, according to SI twitter.
NYSection1

Post by NYSection1 »

Yorktown at St. Antony's today.
3rdPersonPlural

The flyers ended up winning 13-9.

Big props to St I for taking a trans continental flight and playing 3 of Long Islands best programs in 3 days. Big props to St As, GC, and Cham for each giving a precious OOC slot to a NorCal team.
grelch

Post by grelch »

NYSection1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm Yorktown at St. Antony's today.
https://locallive.tv/archives/42250
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice. 6-2.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”