TOPTM?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Badlands

Re: TOPTM?

Post by Badlands »

wlaxnut,

I agree with your comments and I hate to be nit picky but I can’t help myself. I remember that non-goal well and it clearly crossed the line, but if we pretend the refs got that one right we have no idea what the outcome of that game would’ve been. The entire course of the game would’ve been different. There would’ve been an ensuing draw instead of a clear. Who knows what would’ve happened thereafter?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Badlands wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm wlaxnut,

I agree with your comments and I hate to be nit picky but I can’t help myself. I remember that non-goal well and it clearly crossed the line, but if we pretend the refs got that one right we have no idea what the outcome of that game would’ve been. The entire course of the game would’ve been different. There would’ve been an ensuing draw instead of a clear. Who knows what would’ve happened thereafter?
This is true, Badlands. Not nit picky at all. I often use the same solid logic when confronted with “what if’s”.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:32 pm
cltlax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:15 pm There is much more contact in women's lacrosse than you give them credit for. My high school daughter has bruises all up and down her arms.

I agree that the head bobbing/faking is ridiculous, but I feel like a lot of the falls are legitimately a result of hard contact.
I would argue that there are body checks that deflect/stop a player, and that could whiplash a head....but, what I see in watching a fair amount of WLAX and GLAX is that a forceful check on some programs' players seems to be an automatic noodle head....are some hits close enough to the head to have an unconscious head movement? Certainly....but when it happens every single time body contact is made with certain players it is a bit too much. Now, I may have suggested that these players are coached that way...that may not be the case, it may be just a learned behavior....when you get a foul 90% of the time because it looks like you were hit hard enough to move you head when it was not contacted, or, to flop on the ground..that is gaming the system and the rules....I stand by this, if there was a way to judge a fake "flop/head bob/etc"- card them....Just my opinion. :cry:

Yea the bruises are not pretty...especially when it takes the whole season to heal them completely...
https://youtu.be/vO-Ld1hv9bc

Here's a perfect example of this from yesterday's Penn State/Stony Brook game. SB's Carlee Janelli works so hard to draw a foul that she loses the ball to PSU's Kayla Brisolari. Interestingly enough, it took 2 arms extended cross checks for a ref to finally lift a flag for Brisolari after the attempts to draw the foul by Janelli. You can see how Brisolari's stick was in Janelli's head space in slow motion, but Janelli's ridiculous repeated and increasingly exaggerated attempts at drawing the flag are laughable.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Luckily the official was not really in position...oh, sorry; the official was right there watching Brisolari put her hand and the shaft of the stick against the SBU player's head and ear at least twice. See the video at 0.30-0.32. This is called poor officiating. I don't really care about the SBU player's "master thesbian" activities as much as the official's non-call on a stick near the head. Make the call, stop play for a nan, and let the fouled player get moving....
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:22 am Luckily the official was not really in position...oh, sorry; the official was right there watching Brisolari put her hand and the shaft of the stick against the SBU player's head and ear at least twice. See the video at 0.30-0.32. This is called poor officiating. I don't really care about the SBU player's "master thesbian" activities as much as the official's non-call on a stick near the head. Make the call, stop play for a nan, and let the fouled player get moving....
One thing that can certainly happen if officials don’t make calls and set a standard early in the game for that kind of stuff is escalation into more violent fouls in retaliation. That’s where it really gets dangerous.
Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

Albany beat Stony Brook in America East Final

To quote the late, great Dennis Green “They [Stony Brook]
are who we thought they were!”
Last edited by Delco Transplant on Sat May 04, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Sorry False News! Stony Brook won. 21 to 7
Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

It was worth a shot! I blame Inside lacrosse score board. i still think SB is overrated
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Delco Transplant wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm It was worth a shot! I blame Inside lacrosse score board. i still think SB is overrated
If the projected brackets end up being correct, we’ll see if Stony Brook is overrated after their first game and maybe the second if they can beat Stanford and then Syracuse. They won’t be overrated then. They are not one of the elite teams but they can certainly make some noise against the middle tier.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Delco Transplant wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm It was worth a shot! I blame Inside lacrosse score board. i still think SB is overrated
me too!
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:18 pm
If the projected brackets end up being correct, we’ll see if Stony Brook is overrated after their first game and maybe the second if they can beat Stanford and then Syracuse. They won’t be overrated then. They are not one of the elite teams but they can certainly make some noise against the middle tier.
That's assuming Stanford is in the SU bracket or even in the NCAAT. Georgetown's win in the BET puts Denver in the at-large, which will knock either Stanford or Duke out of the pool. Stanford has the higher RPI 24 to 27, but Duke has a stronger SOS and well as a higher quality win over Notre Dame (RPI 15). Stanford's biggest wins are over Stony Brook (RPI 20) and Colorado (RPI 21). Some interesting politicking is probably going on right now in the NCAAT selection committee. Logistically, Duke's probably a better bet than Stanford too. I think the Cardinal is out at this point.

For what it's worth, I still think the teams going to Syracuse will be Stony Brook and either Penn or Dartmouth.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm
For what it's worth, I still think the teams going to Syracuse will be Stony Brook and either Penn or Dartmouth.
Stony Brook vs either Penn or Dartmouth would be stellar matchups for a first round game.
Turtles Lax

BAN DELCO TRANSPLANT...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...for breaking TL’s little heart.

More importantly, BAN him/her for costing TL lotsa cash as TL bought celebration rounds based upon the BOGUS news the soon to be banned Delco Transplant posted.

Absent a BAN forever, TL will accept reimbursement for said rounds purchased.

Peace, out.

TL
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

So you’re the one getting “likkered “ up!!
Turtles Lax

seacoaster is waaaaaaay smarter...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...than TL.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
wlaxnut

Re: seacoaster is waaaaaaay smarter...

Post by wlaxnut »

Turtles Lax wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:33 pm ...than TL.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
Yep--seacoaster picked NU, right out in front of all 9 of us. Give him his due. He knows how to pick 'em.
laxorangebookworm

Re: seacoaster is waaaaaaay smarter...

Post by laxorangebookworm »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm
Turtles Lax wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:33 pm ...than TL.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
Yep--seacoaster picked NU, right out in front of all 9 of us. Give him his due. He knows how to pick 'em.
He almost picked the correct score too. He had 16-15, it was 16-11.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Still current...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”